What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bryan’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1910 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1910 – Captain David Beatty is promoted to Rear Admiral, and becomes the youngest admiral in the Royal Navy (except for Royal family members), since Horatio Nelson.
- January 13, 1910 – The first public radio broadcast takes place; a live performance of the opera Cavalleria rusticana is sent out over the airwaves from the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City.
- February 10, 1910 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 9, 1910 – The Westmoreland County Coal Strike, involving 15,000 coal miners represented by the United Mine Workers, begins.
- April 29, 1910 – The Parliament of the United Kingdom passes the People’s Budget, the first budget in British history with the expressed intent of redistributing wealth among the British public.
- June 2, 1910 – Charles Rolls, co-founder of Rolls-Royce Limited, becomes the first man to make a non-stop double crossing of the English Channel by plane.
- August 20, 1910 – The Great Fire of 1910 (also commonly referred to as the Big Blowup or the Big Burn) occurred in northeast Washington, northern Idaho (the panhandle), and western Montana, burning approximately 3 e6acre.
- September 1, 1910 – Sport Club Corinthians Paulista is created in São Paulo.
- November 10, 1910 – The date of Thomas A. Davis’ opening of the San Diego Army and Navy Academy, though the official founding date is November 23, 1910.
- November 20, 1910 – Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosi, denouncing President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
Who Were Born On 1910?
- February 13, 1910 – William Shockley, British-American physicist and eugenicist, Nobel Laureate (d. 1989)
- May 22, 1910 – Johnny Olson, American game show announcer (d. 1985)
- May 28, 1910 – Lady Rachel Kempson, English actress (d. 2003)
- July 18, 1910 – Diptendu Pramanick, Indian film personality (d.1989)
- August 8, 1910 – Sylvia Sidney, American actress (d. 1999)
- August 25, 1910 – Dorothea Tanning, American painter
- September 19, 1910 – Jack Dunham, American animator and television producer (d. 2009)
- October 4, 1910 – Frankie Crosetti, American baseball player (d. 2002)
- October 6, 1910 – Barbara Castle, British politician (d. 2002)