Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1910 Historical Event(s)
- February 10, 1910 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 1910 – Rockefeller Foundation: J.D. Rockefeller Jr. announces his retirement from managing his businesses so that he can devote all his time to philanthropy.
- April 23, 1910 – Theodore Roosevelt made his The Man in the Arena speech.
- June 2, 1910 – Charles Rolls, co-founder of Rolls-Royce Limited, becomes the first man to make a non-stop double crossing of the English Channel by plane.
- July 24, 1910 – The Ottoman Empire captures the city of Shkodër, putting down the Albanian Revolt of 1910.
- September 22, 1910 – The Duke of York’s Picture House opens in Brighton, now the oldest continually operating cinema in Britain.
- October 11, 1910 – Former President Theodore Roosevelt becomes the first U.S. president to fly in an airplane. He flew for four minutes with Arch Hoxsey in a plane built by the Wright Brothers at Kinloch Field (Lambert-St. Louis International Airport), St. Louis, Missouri.
- November 20, 1910 – Mexican Revolution: Francisco I. Madero issues the Plan de San Luis Potosi, denouncing President Porfirio Díaz, calling for a revolution to overthrow the government of Mexico, effectively starting the Mexican Revolution.
- November 21, 1910 – Sailors onboard Brazil’s most powerful military units, including the brand-new warships Ship Brazilian battleship, Ship Brazilian battleship, and Ship Brazilian cruiser, violently rebel in what is now known as the Revolta da Chibata (Revolt of the Lash).
- December 3, 1910 – Modern neon lighting is first demonstrated by Georges Claude at the Paris Motor Show.
Who Were Born On 1910?
- January 3, 1910 – Frenchy Bordagaray, American baseball player (d. 2000)
- April 27, 1910 – Chiang Ching-kuo, Chinese-born Taiwanese politician; son of Chiang Kai-shek (d. 1988)
- June 13, 1910 – Mary Wickes, American actress (d. 1995)
- June 19, 1910 – Abe Fortas, American jurist (d. 1982)
- June 29, 1910 – Burgess Whitehead, American baseball player (d. 1993)
- August 14, 1910 – Pierre Schaeffer, French composer (d. 1995)
- October 4, 1910 – Frankie Crosetti, American baseball player (d. 2002)
- November 20, 1910 – Willem Jacob van Stockum, Dutch physicist (d. 1944)
- November 29, 1910 – Antanas Škėma, Lithuanian writer, stage actor and director (d. 1961)
- December 31, 1910 – Carl Dudley, American film director (d. 1973)