Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1910 Historical Event(s)
- February 10, 1910 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 8, 1910 – French aviatrix Raymonde de Laroche becomes the first woman to receive a pilot’s license.
- May 6, 1910 – George V becomes King of the United Kingdom upon the death of his father, Edward VII.
- May 31, 1910 – Creation of the Union of South Africa.
- August 22, 1910 – Korea is annexed by Japan with the signing of the Japan–Korea Annexation Treaty, beginning a period of Japanese rule of Korea that lasted until the end of World War II.
- September 22, 1910 – The Duke of York’s Picture House opens in Brighton, now the oldest continually operating cinema in Britain.
- October 6, 1910 – Eleftherios Venizelos is elected Prime Minister of Greece for the first time (7 times in total).
- October 22, 1910 – Dr. Crippen is convicted at the Old Bailey of poisoning his wife and is subsequently hanged at Pentonville Prison in London.
- November 21, 1910 – Sailors onboard Brazil’s most powerful military units, including the brand-new warships Ship Brazilian battleship, Ship Brazilian battleship, and Ship Brazilian cruiser, violently rebel in what is now known as the Revolta da Chibata (Revolt of the Lash).
- November 23, 1910 – Johan Alfred Ander becomes the last person to be executed in Sweden.
Who Were Born On 1910?
- January 28, 1910 – Arnold Moss, American actor (d. 1989)
- April 26, 1910 – Tomoyuki Tanaka, Japanese movie producer and creator of Godzilla (d. 1997)
- May 8, 1910 – Mary Lou Williams, American singer (d. 1981)
- May 23, 1910 – Scatman Crothers, American actor and musician (d. 1986)
- June 9, 1910 – Robert Cummings, American actor (d. 1990)
- June 10, 1910 – Robert Still, English composer (d. 1971)
- June 11, 1910 – Carmine Coppola, American composer, director and songwriter (d. 1991)
- August 8, 1910 – Sylvia Sidney, American actress (d. 1999)
- August 23, 1910 – Giuseppe Meazza, Italian footballer (d. 1979)
- August 28, 1910 – Tjalling Koopmans, Dutch-born economist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1985)