Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1910 Historical Event(s)
- January 13, 1910 – The first public radio broadcast takes place; a live performance of the opera Cavalleria rusticana is sent out over the airwaves from the Metropolitan Opera House in New York City.
- February 10, 1910 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 23, 1910 – Theodore Roosevelt made his The Man in the Arena speech.
- May 11, 1910 – An act of the U.S. Congress establishes Glacier National Park in Montana.
- June 2, 1910 – Charles Rolls, co-founder of Rolls-Royce Limited, becomes the first man to make a non-stop double crossing of the English Channel by plane.
- June 13, 1910 – The University of the Philippines College of Engineering is established. This unit of the university is said to be the largest degree granting unit in the Philippines.
- August 20, 1910 – The Great Fire of 1910 (also commonly referred to as the Big Blowup or the Big Burn) occurred in northeast Washington, northern Idaho (the panhandle), and western Montana, burning approximately 3 e6acre.
- August 29, 1910 – The Japan–Korea Treaty of 1910, also known as the Japan–Korea Annexation Treaty, becomes effective, officially starting the period of Japanese rule in Korea.
- October 5, 1910 – In a revolution in Portugal the monarchy is overthrown and a republic is declared .
- November 14, 1910 – Aviator Eugene Ely performs the first take off from a ship in Hampton Roads, Virginia. He took off from a makeshift deck on the USS Birmingham in a Curtiss pusher.
Who Were Born On 1910?
- February 10, 1910 – Dominique Pire, Belgian friar, Nobel Peace Prize Laureate (d. 1969)
- February 21, 1910 – Douglas Bader, British pilot (d. 1982)
- April 2, 1910 – Francisco Cândido Xavier, Most popular Brazilian medium (d. 2002)
- May 23, 1910 – Artie Shaw, American clarinetist and bandleader (d. 2004)
- June 8, 1910 – John W. Campbell, American publisher and editor (d. 1971)
- June 13, 1910 – Gonzalo Torrente Ballester, Galician writer (d. 1999)
- August 1, 1910 – Mohammad Nissar, Indian cricketer (d. 1963)
- September 5, 1910 – Leila Mackinlay, British romance writer (d.1996)
- December 7, 1910 – Louis Prima, American musician (d. 1978)