Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LIECVTJINMOOF? Check your answers here: Words with these letters LIECVTJINMOOF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1913 Historical Event(s)
- January 13, 1913 – Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Incorporated was founded on the campus of Howard University.
- January 17, 1913 – Raymond Poincaré is elected President of France.
- February 3, 1913 – The Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, authorizing the Federal government to impose and collect an income tax.
- February 6, 1913 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 9, 1913 – A group of meteors is visible across much of the eastern seaboard of North and South America, leading astronomers to conclude the source had been a small, short-lived natural satellite of the Earth.
- February 17, 1913 – The Armory Show opens in New York City, displaying works of artists who are to become some of the most influential painters of the early 20th century.
- February 18, 1913 – Pedro Lascuráin becomes President of Mexico for 45 minutes; this is the shortest term to date of any person as president of any country.
- February 21, 1913 – Ioannina is incorporated into the Greek state after the Balkan Wars.
- May 29, 1913 – Igor Stravinsky’s ballet score The Rite of Spring receives its premiere performance in Paris, provoking a riot.
- August 13, 1913 – First production in the UK of stainless steel by Harry Brearley.
Who Were Born On 1913?
- March 22, 1913 – Lew Wasserman, American film studio executive (d. 2002)
- May 26, 1913 – Peter Cushing, English actor (d. 1994)
- July 11, 1913 – Cordwainer Smith, American writer (d. 1966)
- July 13, 1913 – Dave Garroway, American television host (d. 1982)
- August 11, 1913 – Bob Scheffing, American professional baseball player and manager (d. 1985)
- August 14, 1913 – Paul Dean, American baseball player (d. 1981)
- September 3, 1913 – Alan Ladd, American actor (d. 1964)
- November 24, 1913 – Geraldine Fitzgerald, Irish-born actress (d. 2005)
- December 13, 1913 – Arnold Brown, the 11th General of The Salvation Army (d. 2002)
- December 30, 1913 – Lucio Agostini, Italian-born Canadian conductor and composer (d. 1996)