Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OMICEMI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OMICEMI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1915 Historical Event(s)
- January 22, 1915 – Over 600 people are killed in Guadalajara, Mexico, when a train plunges off the tracks into a deep canyon.
- February 14, 1915 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1915 – World War I: Cornered off the coast of Chile by the Royal Navy after fleeing the Battle of the Falkland Islands, the German light cruiser SMS Dresden is abandoned and scuttled by her crew.
- April 24, 1915 – The arrest of 250 Armenian intellectuals and community leaders in Istanbul marks the beginning of the Armenian Genocide.
- May 24, 1915 – World War I: Italy declares war on Austria-Hungary.
- June 21, 1915 – The U.S. Supreme Court hands down its decision in Guinn v. United States 238 US 347 1915, striking down an Oklahoma law denying the right to vote to some citizens.
- July 7, 1915 – Militia officer Henry Pedris executed by firing squad at Colombo, Ceylon - an act widely regarded as a miscarriage of justice by the British colonial authorities.
- July 25, 1915 – RFC Captain Lanoe Hawker becomes the first British military aviator to earn the Victoria Cross, for defeating three German two-seat observation aircraft in one day, over the Western Front.
- August 17, 1915 – A Category 4 hurricane hits Galveston, Texas with winds at 135 mph.
- December 18, 1915 – U.S. President Woodrow Wilson marries Edith Bolling Galt Wilson while president of the United States.
Who Were Born On 1915?
- January 16, 1915 – Leslie H. Martinson, American television and film director.
- January 23, 1915 – Arthur Lewis, British economist, Nobel laureate (d. 1991)
- March 7, 1915 – Jacques Chaban-Delmas, French politician (d. 2000)
- April 7, 1915 – Stanley Adams, American actor (d. 1977)
- June 26, 1915 – Charlotte Zolotow, American author
- July 15, 1915 – Albert Ghiorso, American nuclear scientist (d. 2010)
- August 19, 1915 – Ring Lardner Jr, American journalist and screenwriter (d. 2000)
- September 8, 1915 – Frank Pullen, English businessman and racehorse owner (d. 1992)
- October 24, 1915 – Marghanita Laski, British journalist and novelist (d. 1988)
- November 7, 1915 – Philip Morrison, American scientist (d. 2005)