What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mildred’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1920 Historical Event(s)
- January 19, 1920 – The United States Senate votes against joining the League of Nations.
- February 20, 1920 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 26, 1920 – The first German Expressionist film and early horror movie, Robert Wiene’s The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, premièred in Berlin.
- April 25, 1920 – At the San Remo conference, the principal Allied Powers of World War I adopt a resolution to determine the allocation of Class “A” League of Nations mandates for administration of the former Ottoman-ruled lands of the Middle East.
- April 30, 1920 – Peru becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- May 7, 1920 – Kiev Offensive: Polish troops led by Józef Piłsudski and Edward Rydz-Śmigły and assisted by a symbolic Ukrainian force capture Kiev only to be driven out by the Red Army counter-offensive a month later.
- July 29, 1920 – Construction of the Link River Dam begins as part of the Klamath Reclamation Project.
- August 10, 1920 – World War I: Ottoman sultan Mehmed VI’s representatives sign the Treaty of Sèvres that divides up the Ottoman Empire between the Allies.
- August 15, 1920 – Battle of Warsaw so called Miracle at the Vistula.
- November 1, 1920 – American Fishing Schooner Esperanto defeats the Canadian Fishing Schooner Delawana in the First International Fishing Schooner Championship Races in Halifax.
Who Were Born On 1920?
- January 20, 1920 – DeForest Kelley, American actor (d. 1999)
- February 10, 1920 – Neva Patterson, American actress (d. 2010)
- February 13, 1920 – Boudleaux Bryant, American songwriter (d. 1987)
- February 19, 1920 – George Rose, British music hall entertainer (d. 1988)
- March 2, 1920 – Heinz-Ludwig Schmidt, German football manager
- March 16, 1920 – Leo McKern, Australian actor (d. 2002)
- March 31, 1920 – Deborah Cavendish, Duchess of Devonshire, English noble
- April 15, 1920 – Richard von Weizsäcker, President of Germany
- May 9, 1920 – Richard Adams, English author
- October 17, 1920 – Miguel Delibes, Spanish novelist (d. 2010)