Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IXALOFUU? Check your answers here: Word search IXALOFUU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1927 Historical Event(s)
- January 2, 1927 – Angered by the anti-clerical provisions of the Mexican Constitution of 1917, Catholic rebels in Mexico rebelled against the government.
- February 2, 1927 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- May 1, 1927 – The Union Labor Life Insurance Company is founded by the American Federation of Labor.
- May 21, 1927 – Charles Lindbergh touches down at Le Bourget Field in Paris, completing the world’s first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean.
- July 4, 1927 – First flight of the Lockheed Vega.
- August 19, 1927 – Metropolitan Sergius proclaims the declaration of loyalty of the Russian Orthodox Church to the Soviet Union.
- August 27, 1927 – Five Canadian women file a petition to the Supreme Court of Canada, asking, “Does the word ‘Persons’in Section 24 of the British North America Act, 1867, include female persons?”
- December 11, 1927 – Guangzhou Uprising: Communist militia and worker Red Guards launch an uprising in the Chinese city of Guangzhou, taking over most of the city and announcing the formation of a Guangzhou Soviet.
- December 19, 1927 – Three Indian revolutionaries viz. Ram Prasad Bismil, Roshan Singh and Ashfaqulla Khan were executed by the British government.
- December 30, 1927 – The Ginza Line, the first subway line in Asia, opens in Tokyo, Japan.
Who Were Born On 1927?
- February 2, 1927 – Doris Sams, American baseball player
- March 23, 1927 – Mato Damjanović, Croatian chess grandmaster (d. 2011)
- May 22, 1927 – Phil Tucker, American director (d. 1985)
- July 3, 1927 – Ken Russell, British director (d. 2011)
- July 25, 1927 – Midge Decter, American journalist and author
- August 8, 1927 – Johnny Temple, American baseball player (d. 1994)
- August 21, 1927 – Thomas S. Monson, 16th president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church)
- September 30, 1927 – W. S. Merwin, American poet
- October 26, 1927 – Warne Marsh, American jazz saxophonist (d. 1987)
- December 12, 1927 – Robert Noyce, American inventor (d. 1990)