Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AEUZADPEVDPK? Check your answers here: Word scramble AEUZADPEVDPK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1930 Historical Event(s)
- January 30, 1930 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 31, 1930 – The Motion Pictures Production Code is instituted, imposing strict guidelines on the treatment of sex, crime, religion and violence in film, in the U.S., for the next thirty eight years.
- May 28, 1930 – The Chrysler Building in New York City officially opens.
- June 17, 1930 – U.S. President Herbert Hoover signs the Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act into law.
- July 11, 1930 – Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.
- July 30, 1930 – In Montevideo, Uruguay wins the first Football World Cup.
- August 7, 1930 – The last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States occurs in Marion, Indiana. Two men, Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, are killed.
- August 16, 1930 – The first color sound cartoon, called Fiddlesticks, is made by Ub Iwerks.
- October 27, 1930 – ratifications exchanged in London, for the first London Naval Treaty signed in April modifying the 1925 Washington Naval Treaty and the arms limitation treaty’s modified provisions go into effect immediately; further limiting the expensive naval arms race between its five signatories.
- December 29, 1930 – Sir Muhammad Iqbal’s presidential address in Allahabad introduces the Two-Nation Theory and outlines a vision for the creation of Pakistan.
Who Were Born On 1930?
- January 1, 1930 – Frederick Wiseman, American documentary filmmaker
- January 20, 1930 – Buzz Aldrin, American astronaut
- March 3, 1930 – Ion Iliescu, former President of Romania
- June 16, 1930 – Allan D'Arcangelo, American artist (d. 1998)
- June 21, 1930 – Mike McCormack, American professional football player
- July 1, 1930 – Moustapha Akkad, Syrian-American filmmaker (d. 2005)
- August 22, 1930 – Gilmar, Brazilian football player
- October 6, 1930 – Richie Benaud, Australian cricketer
- November 4, 1930 – Dick Groat, American baseball player
- November 27, 1930 – Rex Shelley, Singaporean author (d. 2009)