Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1930 Historical Event(s)
- January 26, 1930 – The Indian National Congress declares 26 January as Independence Day or as the day for Poorna Swaraj (Complete Independence) which occurred 20 years later.
- January 30, 1930 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 31, 1930 – The Motion Pictures Production Code is instituted, imposing strict guidelines on the treatment of sex, crime, religion and violence in film, in the U.S., for the next thirty eight years.
- May 28, 1930 – The Chrysler Building in New York City officially opens.
- July 11, 1930 – Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.
- July 30, 1930 – In Montevideo, Uruguay wins the first Football World Cup.
- August 6, 1930 – Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- September 6, 1930 – Democratically elected Argentine president Hipólito Yrigoyen is deposed in a military coup.
- November 11, 1930 – Patent number US1781541 is awarded to Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd for their invention, the Einstein refrigerator.
- November 18, 1930 – Sōka Kyōiku Gakkai, a Buddhist association later renamed Sōka Gakkai, is founded by Japanese educators Tsunesaburo Makiguchi and Josei Toda.
Who Were Born On 1930?
- January 15, 1930 – Eddie Graham, American professional wrestler (d. 1985)
- February 27, 1930 – Peter Stone, American writer (d. 2003)
- April 25, 1930 – Paul Mazursky, American film director and writer
- May 1, 1930 – Little Walter, American blues singer (d. 1968)
- May 22, 1930 – Kenny Ball, British musician
- September 8, 1930 – Robert W. Firestone, American clinical psychologist, author and visual artist.
- September 24, 1930 – Angelo Muscat, Maltese actor (d. 1977)
- November 3, 1930 – Peggy McCay, American actress
- November 16, 1930 – Salvatore Riina, Italian Mafia leader
- November 27, 1930 – Rex Shelley, Singaporean author (d. 2009)