Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1930 Historical Event(s)
- January 30, 1930 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 12, 1930 – Mahatma Gandhi leads a 200-mile march, known as the Salt March, to the sea in defiance of British opposition, to protest the British monopoly on salt.
- April 18, 1930 – BBC Radio announces that there is no news on that day.
- June 9, 1930 – Chicago Tribune reporter Jake Lingle is killed during rush hour at the Illinois Central train station by Leo Vincent Brothers, allegedly over a 100,000 USD gambling debt owed to Al Capone.
- August 6, 1930 – Judge Joseph Force Crater steps into a taxi in New York and disappears never to be seen again.
- August 7, 1930 – The last confirmed lynching of blacks in the Northern United States occurs in Marion, Indiana. Two men, Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, are killed.
- August 29, 1930 – The last 36 remaining inhabitants of St Kilda are voluntarily evacuated to other parts of Scotland.
- September 12, 1930 – Wilfred Rhodes ends his 1110-game first-class career by taking 5 for 95 for H.D.G. Leveson Gower’s XI against the Australians.
- October 24, 1930 – A bloodless coup d'état in Brazil ousts Washington Luís Pereira de Sousa, the last President of the First Republic. Getúlio Dornelles Vargas is then installed as “provisional president.”
- November 11, 1930 – Patent number US1781541 is awarded to Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd for their invention, the Einstein refrigerator.
Who Were Born On 1930?
- March 6, 1930 – Lorin Maazel, French-born American conductor
- April 24, 1930 – Richard Donner, American film director and producer
- May 1, 1930 – Richard Riordan, American politician, former mayor of Los Angeles
- June 2, 1930 – Bob Lillis, baseball player
- June 3, 1930 – Ben Wada, Japanese television producer
- July 2, 1930 – Carlos Menem, Argentine politician, 50th President of Argentina
- October 15, 1930 – Fereydun M. Esfandiary, Iranian philosopher (d. 2000)
- November 11, 1930 – Hugh Everett, American physicist (d. 1982)
- November 17, 1930 – Bob Mathias, American decathlete (d. 2006)
- November 26, 1930 – Berthold Leibinger, German Entrepreneur and Philanthropist