Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1930 Historical Event(s)
- January 30, 1930 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 1930 – Elm Farm Ollie becomes the first cow to fly in a fixed-wing aircraft and also the first cow to be milked in an aircraft.
- March 29, 1930 – Heinrich Brüning is appointed German Reichskanzler.
- March 31, 1930 – The Motion Pictures Production Code is instituted, imposing strict guidelines on the treatment of sex, crime, religion and violence in film, in the U.S., for the next thirty eight years.
- May 1, 1930 – The dwarf planet Pluto is officially named.
- May 24, 1930 – Amy Johnson lands in Darwin, Northern Territory, becoming the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia (she left on May 5 for the 11,000 mile flight).
- May 27, 1930 – The 1046 ft Chrysler Building in New York City, the tallest man-made structure at the time, opens to the public.
- August 29, 1930 – The last 36 remaining inhabitants of St Kilda are voluntarily evacuated to other parts of Scotland.
- November 18, 1930 – Sōka Kyōiku Gakkai, a Buddhist association later renamed Sōka Gakkai, is founded by Japanese educators Tsunesaburo Makiguchi and Josei Toda.
- December 7, 1930 – W1XAV in Boston, Massachusetts broadcasts video from the CBS radio orchestra program, The Fox Trappers. The broadcast also includes the first television commercial in the United States, an advertisement for I.J. Fox Furriers, who sponsored the radio show.
Who Were Born On 1930?
- January 12, 1930 – Glenn Yarborough, American singer
- April 14, 1930 – René Desmaison, French mountaineer (d. 2007)
- May 24, 1930 – Hans-Martin Linde, German conductor
- May 31, 1930 – Clint Eastwood, American film director and actor
- June 2, 1930 – Pete Conrad, American astronaut (d. 1999)
- July 3, 1930 – Pete Fountain, American clarinetist
- August 15, 1930 – Ageeda Paavel, Estonian freedom fighter
- September 9, 1930 – Frank Lucas, Drug Lord
- October 6, 1930 – Richie Benaud, Australian cricketer