Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OUZUDJQAE? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OUZUDJQAE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1933 Historical Event(s)
- January 26, 1933 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 10, 1933 – In round 13 of a boxing match at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, Primo Carnera knocks out Ernie Schaaf, killing him.
- February 17, 1933 – The Blaine Act ends Prohibition in the United States.
- May 1, 1933 – The Roca-Runciman Treaty between Argentina and Great Britain is signed by Julio Argentino Roca, Jr., and Sir Walter Runciman.
- May 17, 1933 – Vidkun Quisling and Johan Bernhard Hjort form Nasjonal Samling — the national-socialist party of Norway.
- July 17, 1933 – After successfully crossing the Atlantic Ocean, the Lithuanian research aircraft Lituanica crashes in Europe under mysterious circumstances.
- August 14, 1933 – Loggers cause a forest fire in the Coast Range of Oregon, later known as the first forest fire of the Tillamook Burn. It is extinguished on September 5, after destroying 240,000 acre.
- November 7, 1933 – Fiorello H. La Guardia is elected the 99th mayor of New York City.
- November 17, 1933 – United States recognizes Soviet Union.
- December 15, 1933 – The Twenty-first Amendment to the United States Constitution officially becomes effective, repealing the Eighteenth Amendment that prohibited the sale, manufacture, and transportation of alcohol.
Who Were Born On 1933?
- January 1, 1933 – Norman Yemm, Australian actor
- January 21, 1933 – Joseph W. Eschbach, American doctor (d. 2007)
- February 17, 1933 – Bobby Lewis, American singer
- February 26, 1933 – James Goldsmith, Anglo-French businessman (d. 1997)
- May 29, 1933 – Helmuth Rilling, German conductor
- June 8, 1933 – Joan Rivers, American comedian and author
- June 17, 1933 – Christian Ferras, French violinist (d. 1982)
- July 20, 1933 – Buddy Knox, American singer and songwriter (d. 1999)
- October 31, 1933 – Phil Goyette, Canadian ice hockey player