Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1934 Historical Event(s)
- January 13, 1934 – The Candidate of Science degree is established in the USSR.
- January 20, 1934 – Fujifilm, the photographic and electronics company, is founded in Tokyo, Japan.
- February 12, 1934 – In Spain the national council of Juntas de Ofensiva Nacional-Sindicalista decides to merge the movement with the Falange Española.
- February 14, 1934 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dog in Chinese astrology.
- May 15, 1934 – Kārlis Ulmanis establishes an authoritarian government in Latvia.
- May 19, 1934 – Zveno and the Bulgarian Army engineer a coup d'état and install Kimon Georgiev as the new Prime Minister of Bulgaria.
- June 26, 1934 – President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Federal Credit Union Act, which establishes credit unions.
- August 19, 1934 – The first All-American Soap Box Derby is held in Dayton, Ohio.
- September 22, 1934 – An explosion takes place at Gresford Colliery in Wales, leading to the deaths of 266 miners and rescuers.
- October 15, 1934 – The Soviet Republic of China collapses when Chiang Kai-shek’s National Revolutionary Army successfully encircles Ruijin, forcing the fleeing Communists to begin the Long March.
Who Were Born On 1934?
- January 3, 1934 – Carla Hills, American jurist, civil servant, and 5th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development
- April 18, 1934 – George Shirley, American tenor
- September 10, 1934 – Charles Kuralt, American journalist (d. 1997)
- September 14, 1934 – Don Walser, American country music singer and yodeller (d. 2006)
- September 17, 1934 – Maureen Connolly, American tennis player (d. 1969)
- September 27, 1934 – Claude Jarman Jr., American actor
- October 18, 1934 – Chuck Swindoll, American evangelist
- November 14, 1934 – Kurt Hamrin, Swedish football player