Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1935 Historical Event(s)
- January 7, 1935 – Benito Mussolini and French Foreign minister Pierre Laval sign the Franco-Italian Agreement.
- February 4, 1935 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1935 – Adolf Hitler ordered Germany to rearm herself in violation of the Versailles Treaty. Conscription is reintroduced to form the Wehrmacht.
- April 12, 1935 – First flight of the Bristol Blenheim.
- June 11, 1935 – Inventor Edwin Armstrong gives the first public demonstration of FM broadcasting in the United States at Alpine, New Jersey.
- August 15, 1935 – Will Rogers and Wiley Post are killed after their aircraft develops engine problems during takeoff in Barrow, Alaska.
- September 8, 1935 – US Senator from Louisiana, Huey Long, nicknamed “Kingfish”, is fatally shot in the Louisiana capitol building.
- September 30, 1935 – The Hoover Dam, astride the border between the U.S. states of Arizona and Nevada, is dedicated.
- October 3, 1935 – Second Italo-Abyssinian War: Italy invades Ethiopia under General de Bono.
- November 9, 1935 – The Congress of Industrial Organizations is founded in Atlantic City, New Jersey by eight trade unions belonging to the American Federation of Labor.
Who Were Born On 1935?
- March 10, 1935 – Graham Farmer, Australian rules footballer
- March 12, 1935 – John Doherty, English footballer (d. 2007)
- June 3, 1935 – Irma P. Hall, American actress
- July 25, 1935 – John Robinson, American football coach
- August 5, 1935 – John Saxon, American actor
- September 5, 1935 – Paul Josef Cordes, German Roman Catholic Cardinal
- September 16, 1935 – Jules Bass, American author, producer, director and composer
- October 1, 1935 – Petros Fyssoun, Greek actor
- November 1, 1935 – Gary Player, South African golfer
- November 8, 1935 – Stratos Dionysiou, Greek singer (d. 1990)