Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1935 Historical Event(s)
- February 4, 1935 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1935 – Adolf Hitler ordered Germany to rearm herself in violation of the Versailles Treaty. Conscription is reintroduced to form the Wehrmacht.
- July 1, 1935 – Grant Park Music Festival begins its tradition of free summer symphonic music concert series in Chicago‘s Grant Park, which continues as the United States’only annual free outdoor classical music concert series.
- July 20, 1935 – Switzerland: A Royal Dutch Airlines plane en route from Milan to Frankfurt crashes into a Swiss mountain, killing thirteen.
- August 14, 1935 – United States Social Security Act passes, creating a government pension system for the retired.
- September 24, 1935 – Earl Bascom and Weldon Bascom produce the first rodeo ever held outdoors under electric lights at Columbia, Mississippi
- October 19, 1935 – The League of Nations places economic sanctions on fascist Italy for its invasion of Ethiopia.
- November 3, 1935 – George II of Greece regains his throne through a popular plebiscite.
- November 6, 1935 – First flight of the Hawker Hurricane.
- November 22, 1935 – The China Clipper, the first transpacific mail and passenger service, takes off from Alameda, California for its first commercial flight. It reaches its destination, Manila, a week later.
Who Were Born On 1935?
- February 5, 1935 – Alex Harvey, Scottish rock musician (d. 1982)
- February 9, 1935 – Rev. Lionel Fanthorpe, British pastor, entertainer, journalist, writer and paranormal investigator
- March 11, 1935 – Sandra Milo, Italian actress
- March 20, 1935 – Ted Bessell, American actor (d. 1996)
- May 12, 1935 – Johnny Bucyk, Canadian ice hockey player
- May 31, 1935 – Jim Bolger, 35th Prime Minister of New Zealand
- July 8, 1935 – Vitali Sevastyanov, Russian cosmonaut
- October 10, 1935 – Abu Jihad, Founder of the Palestinian group Fatah (d. 1988)
- November 1, 1935 – Edward Said, Palestinian-born literary critic (d. 2003)
- November 16, 1935 – Elizabeth Drew, American journalist and author