Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1935 Historical Event(s)
- February 4, 1935 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 1935 – Caroline Mikkelsen becomes the first woman to set foot in Antarctica.
- April 12, 1935 – First flight of the Bristol Blenheim.
- May 6, 1935 – New Deal: Executive Order 7034 creates the Works Progress Administration.
- July 5, 1935 – The National Labor Relations Act, which governs labor relations in the United States, is signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- July 28, 1935 – First flight of the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress.
- September 3, 1935 – Sir Malcolm Campbell reaches a speed of 304.331 miles per hour on the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah, becoming the first person to drive an automobile over 300 mph
- November 6, 1935 – Edwin Armstrong presents his paper “A Method of Reducing Disturbances in Radio Signaling by a System of Frequency Modulation” to the New York section of the Institute of Radio Engineers.
- November 22, 1935 – The China Clipper, the first transpacific mail and passenger service, takes off from Alameda, California for its first commercial flight. It reaches its destination, Manila, a week later.
- December 10, 1935 – The Downtown Athletic Club Trophy, later renamed the Heisman Trophy, is awarded to halfback Jay Berwanger of the University of Chicago.
Who Were Born On 1935?
- January 13, 1935 – Elsa Martinelli, Italian actress
- April 13, 1935 – Lyle Waggoner, American actor
- May 12, 1935 – Johnny Bucyk, Canadian ice hockey player
- May 19, 1935 – David Hartman, American actor and television personality
- May 27, 1935 – Mal Evans, British road manager of The Beatles (d. 1976)
- June 16, 1935 – Jim Dine, American artist
- October 22, 1935 – Ann Rule, American true-crime writer
- October 29, 1935 – Takahata Isao, Japanese animated film director
- October 31, 1935 – Ronald Graham, American mathematician
- December 10, 1935 – Terry Allcock, English footballer