Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1936 Historical Event(s)
- January 24, 1936 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 29, 1936 – Baby Snooks, played by Fanny Brice, debuts on the radio program The Ziegfeld Follies of the Air.
- May 5, 1936 – Italian troops occupy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- July 23, 1936 – In Catalonia, Spain, the Unified Socialist Party of Catalonia is founded through the merger of Socialist and Communist parties.
- August 9, 1936 – Summer Olympic Games: Games of the XI Olympiad – Jesse Owens wins his fourth gold medal at the games becoming the first American to win four medals in one Olympiad.
- November 2, 1936 – Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.
- November 25, 1936 – In Berlin, Germany and Japan sign the Anti-Comintern Pact, agreeing to consult on measures “to safeguard their common interests” in the case of an unprovoked attack by the Soviet Union against either nation. The pact is renewed on the same day five years later with additional signatories.
- November 30, 1936 – In London, the Crystal Palace is destroyed by fire.
- December 12, 1936 – Xi'an Incident: The Generalissimo of the Republic of China, Chiang Kai-shek, is kidnapped by Zhang Xueliang.
- December 23, 1936 – First flight of the Vickers Wellington bomber.
Who Were Born On 1936?
- January 7, 1936 – G. Robert Blakey, American attorney
- February 20, 1936 – Larry Hovis, American actor (d. 2003)
- April 18, 1936 – Tommy Ivo, American race car driver
- May 27, 1936 – Louis Gossett Jr., American actor
- July 9, 1936 – Richard Wilson, Scottish actor and director
- August 21, 1936 – Wilt Chamberlain, American basketball player (d. 1999)
- September 11, 1936 – Ian Abercrombie, English actor
- November 3, 1936 – Roy Emerson, Australian tennis player
- November 11, 1936 – Jack Keller, American songwriter (d. 2005)
- December 4, 1936 – Derek Nally, Irish Politician