Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters AUVOVAYU? Check your answers here: Word scramble AUVOVAYU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1936 Historical Event(s)
- January 15, 1936 – The first building to be completely covered in glass, built for the Owens-Illinois Glass Company, is completed in Toledo, Ohio.
- January 24, 1936 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- May 22, 1936 – Aer Lingus (Aer Loingeas) is founded by the Irish government as the national airline of the Republic of Ireland.
- July 6, 1936 – A major breach of the Manchester, Bolton and Bury Canal in England sends millions of gallons of water cascading 200 ft into the River Irwell.
- July 26, 1936 – The Axis Powers decide to intervene in the Spanish Civil War.
- August 14, 1936 – Rainey Bethea is hanged in Owensboro, Kentucky in the last public execution in the United States.
- September 23, 1936 – First ascent of Siniolchu by a German team.
- December 5, 1936 – The Soviet Union adopts a new constitution and the Kirghiz Soviet Socialist Republic is established as a full Union Republic of the USSR.
- December 11, 1936 – Abdication Crisis: Edward VIII’s abdication as King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, the British Dominions beyond the Seas, and Emperor of India becomes effective.
- December 12, 1936 – Xi'an Incident: The Generalissimo of the Republic of China, Chiang Kai-shek, is kidnapped by Zhang Xueliang.
Who Were Born On 1936?
- March 4, 1936 – Eric Allendale, West Indian trombonist and songwriter (d. 2001)
- March 15, 1936 – David Andrews, Irish politician
- June 17, 1936 – Ken Loach, British film director
- August 29, 1936 – John McCain, American politician
- September 5, 1936 – Bill Mazeroski, American baseball player
- September 14, 1936 – Terence Donovan, British photographer and film director (d. 1996)
- October 17, 1936 – Hiroo Kanamori, Japanese seismologist
- November 9, 1936 – Daniel Robert Graham, American politician
- November 14, 1936 – Cornell Gunter, American singer (The Coasters) (d. 1990)
- December 8, 1936 – David Carradine, American actor (d. 2009)