Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CDUJCUZUC? Check your answers here: Words with these letters CDUJCUZUC. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1936 Historical Event(s)
- January 24, 1936 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 29, 1936 – In Germany, Adolf Hitler receives 99% of the votes in a referendum to ratify Germany’s illegal reoccupation of the Rhineland, receiving 44.5 million votes out of 45.5 million registered voters.
- April 3, 1936 – Bruno Richard Hauptmann is executed for the kidnapping and death of Charles Augustus Lindbergh, Jr., the baby son of pilot Charles Lindbergh.
- April 27, 1936 – The United Auto Workers (UAW) gains autonomy from the American Federation of Labor.
- July 26, 1936 – King Edward VIII, in one of his few official duties before he abdicates the throne, officially unveils the Canadian National Vimy Memorial.
- August 3, 1936 – A fire wipes out Kursha-2 in the Meshchera Lowlands, Ryazan Oblast, Russia, killing 1,200 and leaving only 20 survivors.
- September 23, 1936 – First ascent of Siniolchu by a German team.
- November 2, 1936 – Italian dictator Benito Mussolini proclaims the Rome-Berlin Axis, establishing the alliance of the Axis Powers.
- November 25, 1936 – In Berlin, Germany and Japan sign the Anti-Comintern Pact, agreeing to consult on measures “to safeguard their common interests” in the case of an unprovoked attack by the Soviet Union against either nation. The pact is renewed on the same day five years later with additional signatories.
- November 30, 1936 – In London, the Crystal Palace is destroyed by fire.
Who Were Born On 1936?
- February 9, 1936 – Clive Swift, British actor
- March 6, 1936 – Choummaly Sayasone, president of Laos
- April 24, 1936 – Jill Ireland, British actress (d. 1990)
- May 28, 1936 – Claude Forget, French-Canadian politician
- June 9, 1936 – Jackie Mason, American comedian
- June 11, 1936 – Jud Strunk, American singer, songwriter and comedian (d. 1981)
- August 22, 1936 – Dale Hawkins, American singer and songwriter (d. 2010)
- October 19, 1936 – James Bevel, American activist (d. 2008)
- November 22, 1936 – Joachim Bißmeier, German actor
- December 25, 1936 – HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent