Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1938 Historical Event(s)
- January 3, 1938 – The March of Dimes is established by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- January 28, 1938 – The World Land Speed Record on a public road is broken by driver Rudolf Caracciola in the Mercedes-Benz W195 at a speed of 432.7 km/h.
- January 31, 1938 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 11, 1938 – BBC Television produces the world’s first ever science fiction television program, an adaptation of a section of the Karel Capek play R.U.R., that coined the term “robot”.
- June 11, 1938 – Second Sino-Japanese War: The Battle of Wuhan starts.
- July 3, 1938 – World speed record for a steam railway locomotive is set in England, by the Mallard, which reaches a speed of 126 mph.
- July 10, 1938 – Howard Hughes sets a new record by completing a 91 hour airplane flight around the world.
- September 30, 1938 – At 2:00 am, Britain, France, Germany and Italy sign the Munich Agreement, allowing Germany to occupy the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia.
- November 9, 1938 – Nazi German diplomat Ernst vom Rath dies from the fatal gunshot wounds of Jewish resistance fighter Herschel Grynszpan, an act which the Nazis used as an excuse to instigate the 1938 national pogrom, also known as Kristallnacht.
- November 12, 1938 – Hermann Göring proposes plans to make Madagascar the “Jewish homeland”, an idea that had first been considered by 19th century journalist Theodor Herzl.
Who Were Born On 1938?
- January 2, 1938 – Ian Brady, British serial killer
- April 30, 1938 – Larry Niven, American author
- June 18, 1938 – Kevin Murray, Australian rules footballer
- September 1, 1938 – Alan Dershowitz, American attorney and author
- September 3, 1938 – Caryl Churchill, English playwright
- October 3, 1938 – Eddie Cochran, American singer and guitarist (d. 1960)
- October 6, 1938 – Serge Nubret, French bodybuilder (d. 2011)
- October 18, 1938 – Dawn Wells, American actress
- November 3, 1938 – Takao Saito, Japanese manga artist
- November 19, 1938 – Ted Turner, American businessman