Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1938 Historical Event(s)
- January 14, 1938 – Norway claims Queen Maud Land in Antarctica.
- January 16, 1938 – The Benny Goodman Orchestra performed the first jazz concert at Carnegie Hall.
- January 28, 1938 – The World Land Speed Record on a public road is broken by driver Rudolf Caracciola in the Mercedes-Benz W195 at a speed of 432.7 km/h.
- January 31, 1938 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 12, 1938 – Anschluss: German troops occupy Austria.
- March 18, 1938 – Mexico nationalizes all foreign-owned oil properties within its borders.
- June 24, 1938 – Pieces of a meteor, estimated to have weighed 450 metric tons when it hit the Earth’s atmosphere and exploded, land near Chicora, Pennsylvania.
- July 3, 1938 – World speed record for a steam railway locomotive is set in England, by the Mallard, which reaches a speed of 126 mph.
- July 20, 1938 – The United States Department of Justice files suit in New York City against the motion picture industry charging violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act in regards to the studio system. The case would eventually result in a break-up of the industry in 1948.
- December 16, 1938 – Adolf Hitler institutes the Cross of Honor of the German Mother
Who Were Born On 1938?
- January 30, 1938 – Islam Karimov, Uzbekistani politician
- February 12, 1938 – Judy Blume, American author
- February 22, 1938 – Steve Barber, American baseball player (d. 2007)
- February 26, 1938 – Evagoras Pallikarides, Cypriot guerilla (d. 1957)
- March 31, 1938 – Arthur B. Rubinstein, American composer
- July 23, 1938 – Ronny Cox, American actor
- August 28, 1938 – Paul Martin, Canadian politician
- September 2, 1938 – Giuliano Gemma, Italian actor
- December 21, 1938 – Frank Moorhouse, Australian author
- December 24, 1938 – Valentim Loureiro, Portuguese politician, and former football chairman of Boavista F.C. and Liga Portuguesa de Futebol Profissional