What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Erik’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1938 Historical Event(s)
- January 31, 1938 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- April 30, 1938 – The animated cartoon short Porky’s Hare Hunt debuts in movie theaters, introducing Happy Rabbit (a prototype of Bugs Bunny).
- June 7, 1938 – The Douglas DC-4E makes its first test flight.
- July 24, 1938 – First ascent of the Eiger north face.
- July 31, 1938 – Archaeologists discover engraved gold and silver plates from King Darius the Great in Persepolis.
- September 29, 1938 – Munich Agreement: Germany was given permission from France, Italy, and Great Britain to seize the territory of Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia. The meeting occurred in Munich, and leaders from neither the Soviet Union nor Czechoslovakia attended.
- September 30, 1938 – At 2:00 am, Britain, France, Germany and Italy sign the Munich Agreement, allowing Germany to occupy the Sudetenland region of Czechoslovakia.
- October 30, 1938 – Orson Welles broadcasts his radio play of H. G. Wells’s The War of the Worlds, causing anxiety in some of the audience in the United States.
- October 31, 1938 – Great Depression: In an effort to restore investor confidence, the New York Stock Exchange unveils a fifteen-point program aimed to upgrade protection for the investing public.
- December 16, 1938 – Adolf Hitler institutes the Cross of Honor of the German Mother
Who Were Born On 1938?
- March 4, 1938 – Don Perkins, American football player
- April 7, 1938 – Jerry Brown, American politician
- April 25, 1938 – Ton Schulten, Dutch artist
- May 4, 1938 – Carlos Monsiváis, Mexican writer
- May 10, 1938 – Marina Vlady, French actress
- July 23, 1938 – Götz George, German actor
- July 28, 1938 – Luis Aragonés, Spanish football manager
- September 8, 1938 – Kenichi Horie, Japanese adventurer
- October 3, 1938 – Tereza Kesovija, Croatian singer