Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1938 Historical Event(s)
- January 3, 1938 – The March of Dimes is established by President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- January 28, 1938 – The World Land Speed Record on a public road is broken by driver Rudolf Caracciola in the Mercedes-Benz W195 at a speed of 432.7 km/h.
- January 31, 1938 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 18, 1938 – Mexico nationalizes all foreign-owned oil properties within its borders.
- June 23, 1938 – The Civil Aeronautics Act is signed into law, forming the Civil Aeronautics Authority in the United States.
- July 20, 1938 – The United States Department of Justice files suit in New York City against the motion picture industry charging violations of the Sherman Antitrust Act in regards to the studio system. The case would eventually result in a break-up of the industry in 1948.
- August 18, 1938 – The Thousand Islands Bridge, connecting New York State, United States with Ontario, Canada over the St. Lawrence River, is dedicated by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- September 23, 1938 – Mobilization of the Czechoslovak army in response to the Munich Crisis.
- November 16, 1938 – LSD is first synthesized by Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hofmann at the Sandoz Laboratories in Basel, Switzerland.
- December 13, 1938 – The Holocaust: The Neuengamme concentration camp opens in the Bergedorf district of Hamburg, Germany.
Who Were Born On 1938?
- January 2, 1938 – Hans Herbjørnsrud, Norwegian author
- January 20, 1938 – William Berger, Austrian actor (d. 1993)
- March 20, 1938 – Sergei Novikov, Russian Mathematician, Fields Medalist
- March 31, 1938 – Arthur B. Rubinstein, American composer
- May 24, 1938 – Tommy Chong, Canadian-born actor and comedian
- July 20, 1938 – Tony Oliva, Cuban baseball player
- September 9, 1938 – Jay Ward, American baseball player
- November 12, 1938 – Denis DeJordy, Canadian ice hockey player
- December 12, 1938 – Connie Francis, American singer
- December 21, 1938 – Frank Moorhouse, Australian author