Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1941 Historical Event(s)
- January 23, 1941 – Charles Lindbergh testifies before the U.S. Congress and recommends that the United States negotiate a neutrality pact with Adolf Hitler.
- January 27, 1941 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 1, 1941 – The Blockade Runner Badge for the German navy is instituted.
- April 10, 1941 – World War II: The Axis Powers in Europe establish the Independent State of Croatia from occupied Yugoslavia with Ante Pavelić's Ustaše fascist insurgents in power.
- April 15, 1941 – In the Belfast Blitz, two-hundred bombers of the German Air Force (Luftwaffe) attack Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom killing one thousand people.
- June 1, 1941 – World War II: Battle of Crete ends as Crete capitulates to Germany.
- June 2, 1941 – World War II: German paratoopers murder Greek civilians in the village of Kondomari.
- November 14, 1941 – World War II: The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal sinks due to torpedo damage from the GS U-81 sustained on November 13.
- December 19, 1941 – World War II: Limpet mines placed by Italian divers sink the HMS Valiant and HMS Queen Elizabeth in Alexandria harbour.
Who Were Born On 1941?
- February 6, 1941 – Gigi Perreau, American actress
- March 16, 1941 – Chuck Woolery, American game show host
- March 28, 1941 – Alf Clausen, America orchestra conductor
- May 11, 1941 – Eric Burdon, British singer (The Animals)
- May 13, 1941 – Joe Brown, British singer
- May 25, 1941 – Vladimir Voronin, Moldovan statesman
- July 19, 1941 – Neelie Kroes, Dutch European Union executive
- October 21, 1941 – Steve Cropper, American musician
- November 16, 1941 – Dan Penn, American singer-songwriter
- November 27, 1941 – Louis van Dijk, Dutch pianist