Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1941 Historical Event(s)
- January 18, 1941 – World War II: British troops launch a general counter-offensive against Italian East Africa.
- January 27, 1941 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1941 – W47NV (now known as WSM-FM) begins operations in Nashville, Tennessee becoming the first FM radio station in the U.S.
- March 2, 1941 – World War II: First German military units enter Bulgaria after it joined the Axis Pact.
- March 11, 1941 – World War II: President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs the Lend-Lease Act into law, allowing American-built war supplies to be shipped to the Allies on loan.
- March 28, 1941 – World War II: Battle of Cape Matapan – in the Mediterranean Sea, British Admiral Andrew Browne Cunningham leads the Royal Navy in the destruction of three major Italian heavy cruisers and two destroyers.
- May 2, 1941 – Following the coup d'état against Iraq Crown Prince 'Abd al-Ilah earlier that year, the United Kingdom launches the Anglo-Iraqi War to restore him to power.
- August 24, 1941 – Adolf Hitler orders the cessation of Nazi Germany’s systematic T4 euthanasia program of the mentally ill and the handicapped due to protests, although killings continue for the remainder of the war.
- September 11, 1941 – Charles Lindbergh’s Des Moines Speech accusing the British, Jews and the Roosevelt administration of pressing for war with Germany.
- December 12, 1941 – World War II: The United Kingdom declares war on Bulgaria. Hungary and Romania declare war on the United States. India declares war on Japan.
Who Were Born On 1941?
- January 3, 1941 – Van Dyke Parks, American musician
- February 6, 1941 – Spencer Silver, American chemist
- April 28, 1941 – Karl Barry Sharpless, American chemist, Nobel laureate
- August 4, 1941 – Martin Jarvis, English actor
- August 14, 1941 – Lynne Cheney, American political figure
- September 15, 1941 – Viktor Zubkov, Russian government official
- October 28, 1941 – John Hallam, Irish actor (d. 2006)
- November 22, 1941 – Terry Stafford, American singer and songwriter (d. 1996)
- December 8, 1941 – Bob Brown, American football player
- December 29, 1941 – Ray Thomas, British musician (The Moody Blues)