Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1941 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1941 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Snake in Chinese astrology.
- May 9, 1941 – World War II: The German submarine U-110 is captured by the Royal Navy. On board is the latest Enigma cryptography machine which Allied cryptographers later use to break coded German messages.
- June 5, 1941 – Four thousand Chongqing residents are asphyxiated in a bomb shelter during the Bombing of Chongqing.
- July 5, 1941 – World War II: German troops reach the Dnieper River.
- October 22, 1941 – World War II: French resistance member Guy Môquet and 29 other hostages are executed by the Germans in retaliation for the death of a German officer.
- November 24, 1941 – World War II: The United States grants Lend-Lease to the Free French.
- December 7, 1941 – World War II: Attack on Pearl Harbor – The Imperial Japanese Navy attacks the United States Pacific Fleet and its defending Army Air Forces and Marine air forces at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, causing a declaration of war upon Japan by the United States. Japan also invades Malaya, Thailand, Hong Kong and the Philippines at the same time (December 8 in Asia).
- December 8, 1941 – Japanese forces simultaneously invade Malaya, Thailand, Hong Kong and the Philippines. These happen concurrently with the Attack on Pearl Harbor, which was on December 7 in the United States.
- December 9, 1941 – World War II: The Republic of China, Cuba, Guatemala, the Republic of Korea, and the Philippine Commonwealth, declare war on Germany and Japan.
- December 23, 1941 – World War II: After 15 days of fighting, the Japanese Imperial Army occupies Wake Island.
Who Were Born On 1941?
- February 3, 1941 – Neil Bogart, American record executive (d. 1982)
- March 28, 1941 – Jim Turner, American pro football player
- March 29, 1941 – Eden Kane, British singer
- April 28, 1941 – Ann-Margret, Swedish-born actress
- May 8, 1941 – Mahmoud Ahmed, Ethiopian singer
- May 25, 1941 – Vladimir Voronin, Moldovan statesman
- July 11, 1941 – Clive Puzey, Zimbabwean racing driver
- October 4, 1941 – Robert Wilson, American theatre director
- November 15, 1941 – Rick Kemp, English bass player, songwriter, vocalist and record producer
- December 8, 1941 – Ed Brinkman, American baseball player