Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1941 Historical Event(s)
- January 2, 1941 – World War II: German bombing severely damages the Llandaff Cathedral in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
- January 6, 1941 – President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivers his Four Freedoms speech in the State of the Union address.
- January 22, 1941 – World War II: British and Commonwealth troops capture Tobruk from Italian forces during Operation Compass.
- January 27, 1941 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Snake in Chinese astrology.
- April 27, 1941 – World War II: The Communist Party of Slovenia, the Slovene Christian Socialists, the left-wing Slovene Sokols (also known as “National Democrats”) and a group of progressive intellectuals establish the Liberation Front of the Slovenian People.
- May 13, 1941 – World War II: Yugoslav royal colonel Dragoljub Mihailović starts fighting with German occupation troops, beginning the Serbian resistance.
- June 14, 1941 – June deportation, the first major wave of Soviet mass deportations and murder of Estonians, Latvians and Lithuanians, begins.
- October 31, 1941 – After 14 years of work, Mount Rushmore is completed.
- November 13, 1941 – World War II: The aircraft carrier HMS Ark Royal is torpedoed by GS U-81, sinking the following day.
- December 1, 1941 – Pacific War: Emperor Hirohito of Japan gave the final approval to initiate war against the United States.
Who Were Born On 1941?
- January 28, 1941 – Joel Crothers, American actor (d. 1985)
- February 8, 1941 – Nick Nolte, American actor
- March 16, 1941 – Robert Guéï, ruler of Côte d'Ivoire (d. 2002)
- April 3, 1941 – Jan Berry, American musician (d. 2004)
- June 5, 1941 – Spalding Gray, American actor and writer (d. 2004)
- June 13, 1941 – Esther Ofarim, Israeli singer
- June 25, 1941 – Denys Arcand, Canadian film director
- June 29, 1941 – John Boccabella, American baseball player
- October 30, 1941 – Theodor W. Hänsch, German physicist, Nobel laureate
- December 9, 1941 – Beau Bridges, American actor