Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1943 Historical Event(s)
- January 15, 1943 – World War II: The Soviet counter-offensive at Voronezh begins.
- February 2, 1943 – World War II: The Battle of Stalingrad comes to conclusion as Soviet troops accept the surrender of 91,000 remnants of the Axis forces.
- February 5, 1943 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- February 10, 1943 – World War II: Attempting to completely lift the Siege of Leningrad, the Soviet Red Army engages German troops and Spanish volunteers in the Battle of Krasny Bor.
- February 20, 1943 – The Saturday Evening Post publishes the first of Norman Rockwell’s Four Freedoms in support of United States President Franklin Roosevelt’s 1941 State of the Union address theme of Four Freedoms.
- July 28, 1943 – World War II: Operation Gomorrah – The British bomb Hamburg causing a firestorm that kills 42,000 German civilians.
- September 13, 1943 – The Municipal Theatre of Corfu is destroyed during an aerial bombardment by Luftwaffe.
- November 5, 1943 – Bombing of the Vatican.
- December 4, 1943 – World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt closes down the Works Progress Administration, because of the high levels of wartime employment in the United States.
- December 28, 1943 – World War II – After eight days of brutal house-to-house fighting, the battle of Ortona concludes with the victory of the 1st Canadian Infantry Division over the German 1st Parachute Division and the capture of the Italian town of Ortona.
Who Were Born On 1943?
- January 26, 1943 – Jean Knight, American singer
- May 7, 1943 – Peter Carey, Australian author
- May 14, 1943 – Derek Leckenby, British musician (Herman’s Hermits) (d. 1994)
- June 4, 1943 – Sandra Haynie, American golfer
- July 22, 1943 – Kay Bailey Hutchison, American politician
- August 19, 1943 – Billy J. Kramer, British singer
- August 27, 1943 – Bob Kerrey, former American Governor and Senator
- October 1, 1943 – Jerry Martini, American saxophonist (Sly & the Family Stone)
- October 24, 1943 – Bill Dundee, American professional wrestler
- October 27, 1943 – Carmen Argenziano, American actor