What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Bennie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1945 Historical Event(s)
- January 9, 1945 – World War II: The United States invades Luzon in the Philippines.
- January 31, 1945 – US Army private Eddie Slovik is executed for desertion, the first such execution of an American soldier since the Civil War.
- February 4, 1945 – World War II: The British Indian Army and Imperial Japanese Army begin a series of battles known as the Battle of Pokoku and Irrawaddy River operations.
- February 13, 1945 – World War II: Royal Air Force bombers are dispatched to Dresden, Germany to attack the city with a massive aerial bombardment.
- March 11, 1945 – World War II: The Imperial Japanese Navy attempts a large-scale kamikaze attack on the U.S. Pacific Fleet anchored at Ulithi atoll in Operation Tan No. 2.
- March 21, 1945 – World War II: Operation Carthage – British planes bomb Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. They also hit a school and 125 civilians are killed.
- April 4, 1945 – World War II: Soviet Army takes control of Hungary.
- April 20, 1945 – World War II: US troops capture Leipzig, Germany, only to later cede the city to the Soviet Union.
- April 25, 1945 – Fifty nations gather in San Francisco, California to begin the United Nations Conference on International Organizations.
Who Were Born On 1945?
- January 5, 1945 – Roger Spottiswoode, Canadian-born film director
- February 12, 1945 – Maud Adams, Swedish actress
- April 5, 1945 – Tommy Smith, English footballer
- June 2, 1945 – Jon Peters, American film producer and hairdresser
- June 9, 1945 – Nike Wagner, German art festival director
- August 29, 1945 – Wyomia Tyus, American athlete
- September 26, 1945 – Louise Beaudoin, French-Canadian politician
- October 1, 1945 – Ellen McIlwaine, American singer/songwriter
- October 15, 1945 – Jim Palmer, American baseball player
- October 25, 1945 – Peter Ledger, Australian artist (d. 1994)