Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters TGAUUOCVXR? Check your answers here: Word solver TGAUUOCVXR. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1945 Historical Event(s)
- February 13, 1945 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 23, 1945 – World War II: The 11th Airborne Division, with Filipino guerrillas, free the captives of the Los Baños internment camp.
- March 21, 1945 – World War II: Operation Carthage – British planes bomb Gestapo headquarters in Copenhagen, Denmark. They also hit a school and 125 civilians are killed.
- April 8, 1945 – World War II: After an air raid accidentally destroys a train carrying about 4,000 Nazi concentration camp internees in Prussian Hanover, the survivors are massacred by Nazis.
- April 13, 1945 – World War II: Soviet and Bulgarian forces capture Vienna, Austria.
- April 17, 1945 – Brazilian forces liberate the town of Montese, Italy, from German Nazi forces.
- April 25, 1945 – Elbe Day: United States and Soviet troops meet in Torgau along the River Elbe, cutting the Wehrmacht of Nazi Germany in two, a milestone in the approaching end of World War II in Europe.
- August 14, 1945 – Japan accepts the Allied terms of surrender in World War II and the Emperor records the Imperial Rescript on Surrender (August 15 in Japan standard time).
- August 30, 1945 – Hong Kong is liberated from Japan by British Armed Forces.
- September 7, 1945 – Japanese forces on Wake Island, which they had held since December of 1941, surrender to U.S. Marines.
Who Were Born On 1945?
- January 11, 1945 – Christine Kaufmann, German-Austrian actress
- January 14, 1945 – Einar Hakonarson, Icelandic painter
- February 3, 1945 – Johnny Cymbal, American singer and songwriter (d. 1993)
- February 7, 1945 – Gerald Davies, Welsh rugby player
- May 27, 1945 – Bruce Cockburn, Canadian musician
- June 23, 1945 – John Garang, Sudanese politician (d. 2005)
- June 24, 1945 – Wayne Cashman, Canadian ice hockey player
- July 19, 1945 – George Dzundza, American actor
- August 29, 1945 – Chris Copping, musician, singer-songwriter
- September 26, 1945 – Gal Costa, Brazilian singer