Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1950 Historical Event(s)
- February 9, 1950 – Second Red Scare: Senator Joseph McCarthy accuses the United States Department of State of being filled with Communists.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- May 5, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej crowns himself King Rama IX of Thailand.
- May 9, 1950 – Robert Schuman presents his proposal on the creation of an organized Europe, which according to him was indispensable to the maintenance of peaceful relations. This proposal, known as the “Schuman declaration”, is considered by some people to be the beginning of the creation of what is now the European Union.
- July 5, 1950 – Korean War: Task Force Smith – First clash between American and North Korean forces in the Battle of Osan.
- August 17, 1950 – Hill 303 massacre: American POWs were massacred by North Korean Army.
- September 26, 1950 – United Nations troops recapture Seoul from North Korean forces.
- October 3, 1950 – Korean War: The First Battle of Maryang San, primarily pitting Australian and British forces against communist China, begins.
- December 17, 1950 – The F-86 Sabre’s first mission over Korea.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- March 20, 1950 – William Hurt, American actor
- May 14, 1950 – Adolfo Dominguez, Spanish fashion designer
- June 2, 1950 – Joanna Gleason, Canadian actress and singer
- June 20, 1950 – Nouri Al-Maliki, Prime Minister of Iraq
- June 21, 1950 – Joey Kramer, American drummer and percussionist (Aerosmith)
- July 23, 1950 – Alan Turner, Australian cricketer
- December 23, 1950 – Vicente del Bosque, Spanish football manager
- December 27, 1950 – Terry Bozzio, American drummer (Missing Persons)
- December 28, 1950 – Øivind Blunck, Norwegian comedian and actor