What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Maureen’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1950 Historical Event(s)
- January 26, 1950 – The Constitution of India comes into force, forming a republic. Rajendra Prasad is sworn in as its first President of India. Observed as Republic Day in India.
- February 17, 1950 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- April 28, 1950 – Bhumibol Adulyadej marries Queen Sirikit after their quiet engagement in Lausanne, Switzerland on July 19, 1949.
- July 16, 1950 – Chaplain-Medic massacre: American POWs were massacred by North Korean Army.
- August 20, 1950 – Korean War: United Nations repel an offensive by North Korean divisions attempting to cross the Naktong River and assault the city of Taegu.
- August 25, 1950 – President Harry Truman orders the US Army to seize control of the nation’s railroads to avert a strike.
- November 5, 1950 – Korean War: British and Australian forces from the 27th British Commonwealth Brigade successfully halted the advancing Chinese 117th Division during the Battle of Pakchon.
- November 13, 1950 – General Carlos Delgado Chalbaud, President of Venezuela, is assassinated in Caracas.
- December 12, 1950 – Paula Ackerman, the first woman appointed to perform rabbinical functions in the United States, leads the congregation in her first services.
- December 16, 1950 – U.S. President Harry S. Truman declares a state of emergency, after Chinese troops enter the fight with communist North Korea in the Korean War.
Who Were Born On 1950?
- January 25, 1950 – John Terry, American actor
- February 5, 1950 – Jonathan Freeman, American actor
- February 26, 1950 – Jonathan Cain, American musician (Journey, Bad English, The Babys)
- March 23, 1950 – Corinne Clery, French actress
- July 16, 1950 – Pierre Paradis, Quebec politician
- August 12, 1950 – Jim Beaver, American actor and writer
- August 29, 1950 – Frank Henenlotter, American director
- September 30, 1950 – Renato Zero, Italian musician
- December 18, 1950 – Heinz-Josef Kehr, German footballer
- December 25, 1950 – Yehuda Poliker, Israeli singer-songwriter