Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1951 Historical Event(s)
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 13, 1951 – Korean War: Battle of Chipyong-ni, which represented the “high-water mark” of the Chinese incursion into South Korea, commences.
- February 27, 1951 – The Twenty-second Amendment to the United States Constitution, limiting Presidents to two terms, is ratified.
- March 7, 1951 – Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgeway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- March 29, 1951 – Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are convicted of conspiracy to commit espionage.
- March 31, 1951 – Remington Rand delivers the first UNIVAC I computer to the United States Census Bureau.
- April 11, 1951 – The Stone of Scone, the stone upon which Scottish monarchs were traditionally crowned, is found on the site of the altar of Arbroath Abbey. It had been taken by Scottish nationalist students from its place in Westminster Abbey.
- May 13, 1951 – The 400th anniversary of the founding of the National University of San Marcos is commemorated by the opening of the first large-capacity stadium in Peru.
- May 16, 1951 – The first regularly scheduled transatlantic flights begin between Idlewild Airport (now John F Kennedy International Airport) in New York City and Heathrow Airport in London, operated by El Al Israel Airlines.
- June 14, 1951 – UNIVAC I is dedicated by the U.S. Census Bureau.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- March 28, 1951 – Karen Kain, Canadian ballerina
- May 16, 1951 – Christian Lacroix, French fashion desinger
- May 19, 1951 – Dick Slater, American professional wrestler
- August 1, 1951 – Pete Mackanin, American baseball player
- August 23, 1951 – Queen Noor of Jordan
- September 27, 1951 – David Starobin, American classical guitarist, record producer, and film director
- October 4, 1951 – Bakhytzhan Kanapyanov, Kazakh poet
- November 2, 1951 – Thomas Mallon, American novelist and critic
- November 11, 1951 – Bill Moseley, American actor