Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1951 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1951 – Nuclear testing at the Nevada Test Site begins with a one-kiloton bomb dropped on Frenchman Flat.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 31, 1951 – Remington Rand delivers the first UNIVAC I computer to the United States Census Bureau.
- April 5, 1951 – Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are sentenced to death for performing espionage for the Soviet Union.
- May 28, 1951 – British radio comedy programme The Goon Show was broadcast on BBC for the first time.
- June 14, 1951 – UNIVAC I is dedicated by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- July 10, 1951 – Korean War: Armistice negotiations begin at Kaesong.
- July 20, 1951 – King Abdullah I of Jordan is assassinated by a Palestinian while attending Friday prayers in Jerusalem.
- October 15, 1951 – Mexican chemist Luis E. Miramontes conducts the very last step of the first synthesis of norethisterone, the progestin that would later be used in one of the first two oral contraceptives.
- October 16, 1951 – The first Prime Minister of Pakistan, Liaquat Ali Khan, is assassinated in Rawalpindi.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- January 20, 1951 – Ian Hill, British musician (Judas Priest)
- March 4, 1951 – Kenny Dalglish, Scottish footballer and manager
- April 11, 1951 – Paul Fox, English guitarist (The Ruts) (d. 2007)
- May 3, 1951 – Christopher Cross, American musician
- May 26, 1951 – Sally Ride, American astronaut
- June 12, 1951 – Andranik Margaryan, 14th Prime Minister of Armenia (d. 2007)
- August 14, 1951 – Peter Blegvad, American musician (Slapp Happy)
- September 8, 1951 – Dezső Ránki, Hungarian pianist
- September 15, 1951 – Pete Carroll, American football coach
- October 27, 1951 – Éric Morena, French singer