Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1951 Historical Event(s)
- January 13, 1951 – First Indochina War: The Battle of Vinh Yen begins, which will end in a major victory for France.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 20, 1951 – Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- April 17, 1951 – The Peak District becomes the United Kingdom’s first National Park.
- May 3, 1951 – The United States Senate Armed Services and Foreign Relations Committees begin their closed door hearings into the dismissal of General Douglas MacArthur by U.S. President Harry Truman.
- May 21, 1951 – The opening of the Ninth Street Show, otherwise known as the 9th Street Art Exhibition – a gathering of a number of notable artists, and the stepping-out of the post war New York avant-garde, collectively known as the New York School.
- May 23, 1951 – Tibetans sign the Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet with the People’s Republic of China.
- May 25, 1951 – Future Hall of Famer Willie Mays was called up by the New York Giants from their farm team Minneapolis Millers. We went 0-5 in his first major league game.
- July 22, 1951 – Dezik (Дезик) and Tsygan (Цыган, “Gypsy”) are the first dogs to make a sub-orbital flight.
- October 16, 1951 – The first Prime Minister of Pakistan, Liaquat Ali Khan, is assassinated in Rawalpindi.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- January 12, 1951 – Kirstie Alley, American actress
- January 31, 1951 – Harry Wayne Casey, American singer and musician (KC and the Sunshine Band)
- February 6, 1951 – Kevin Whately, English actor
- March 9, 1951 – Helen Zille, South African politician
- May 20, 1951 – Mike Crapo, American politician
- July 1, 1951 – Anne Feeney, American protest singer
- August 14, 1951 – Slim Dunlap, American guitarist and singer-songwriter
- August 21, 1951 – Harry Smith, American television journalist
- September 9, 1951 – Alexander Downer, Australian politician
- November 24, 1951 – Mimis Androulakis, Greek politician and writer