Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1951 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1951 – Nuclear testing at the Nevada Test Site begins with a one-kiloton bomb dropped on Frenchman Flat.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 25, 1951 – The first Pan American Games are held in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- April 5, 1951 – Ethel and Julius Rosenberg are sentenced to death for performing espionage for the Soviet Union.
- April 11, 1951 – Korean War: President Harry Truman relieves General of the Army Douglas MacArthur of overall command in Korea.
- April 23, 1951 – American journalist William N. Oatis is arrested for espionage by the Communist government of Czechoslovakia.
- April 29, 1951 – Tibetan delegates to the Central People’s Government arrive in Beijing and draft a Seventeen Point Agreement for Chinese sovereignty and Tibetan autonomy.
- May 21, 1951 – The opening of the Ninth Street Show, otherwise known as the 9th Street Art Exhibition – a gathering of a number of notable artists, and the stepping-out of the post war New York avant-garde, collectively known as the New York School.
- July 16, 1951 – The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger is published for the first time by Little, Brown and Company.
- September 4, 1951 – The first live transcontinental television broadcast takes place in San Francisco, California, from the Japanese Peace Treaty Conference.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- March 4, 1951 – Sam Perlozzo, American baseball manager
- May 4, 1951 – Jackie Jackson, American singer and musician (The Jackson 5)
- June 8, 1951 – Tony Rice, American acoustic guitarist
- July 29, 1951 – Dan Driessen, American baseball player
- August 7, 1951 – Joachim Thiel, German footballer
- August 25, 1951 – Bill Handel, American radio personality
- September 2, 1951 – Jon Feltheimer, American film executive
- September 5, 1951 – Michael Keaton, American actor
- November 3, 1951 – André Wetzel, Dutch footballer, manager and technical director
- November 20, 1951 – David Walters, American politician