Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1951 Historical Event(s)
- January 15, 1951 – Ilse Koch, “The Witch of Buchenwald”, wife of the commandant of the Buchenwald concentration camp, is sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in West Germany.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- May 3, 1951 – The United States Senate Armed Services and Foreign Relations Committees begin their closed door hearings into the dismissal of General Douglas MacArthur by U.S. President Harry Truman.
- July 16, 1951 – The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger is published for the first time by Little, Brown and Company.
- July 26, 1951 – Walt Disney’s 13th animated film, Alice in Wonderland, premieres in London, United Kingdom.
- September 4, 1951 – The first live transcontinental television broadcast takes place in San Francisco, California, from the Japanese Peace Treaty Conference.
- October 16, 1951 – The first Prime Minister of Pakistan, Liaquat Ali Khan, is assassinated in Rawalpindi.
- November 1, 1951 – Operation Buster-Jangle: 6,500 American soldiers are exposed to ‘Desert Rock’atomic explosions for training purposes in Nevada. Participation is not voluntary.
- November 10, 1951 – Direct-dial coast-to-coast telephone service begins in the United States.
- December 24, 1951 – Libya becomes independent from Italy. Idris I is proclaimed King of Libya.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- January 18, 1951 – Bob Latchford, English footballer
- February 13, 1951 – David Naughton, American actor and singer
- April 22, 1951 – Paul Carrack, English musician
- August 12, 1951 – Willie Horton, American murderer and rapist
- September 2, 1951 – Michael Gray, American actor
- September 9, 1951 – Alexander Downer, Australian politician
- September 30, 1951 – John Lloyd British comedy writer and televison producer
- October 30, 1951 – Trilok Gurtu, Kashmiri Indian percussionist and composer
- November 27, 1951 – Jayne Kennedy, American sportscaster and actress
- December 4, 1951 – Patricia Wettig, American actress