Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1951 Historical Event(s)
- January 13, 1951 – First Indochina War: The Battle of Vinh Yen begins, which will end in a major victory for France.
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 7, 1951 – Korean War: Operation Ripper – United Nations troops led by General Matthew Ridgeway begin an assault against Chinese forces.
- March 14, 1951 – Korean War: For the second time, United Nations troops recapture Seoul.
- March 20, 1951 – Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- May 16, 1951 – The first regularly scheduled transatlantic flights begin between Idlewild Airport (now John F Kennedy International Airport) in New York City and Heathrow Airport in London, operated by El Al Israel Airlines.
- May 23, 1951 – Tibetans sign the Seventeen Point Agreement for the Peaceful Liberation of Tibet with the People’s Republic of China.
- July 16, 1951 – King Léopold III of Belgium abdicates in favor of his son, Baudouin I of Belgium.
- July 20, 1951 – King Abdullah I of Jordan is assassinated by a Palestinian while attending Friday prayers in Jerusalem.
- November 1, 1951 – Operation Buster-Jangle: 6,500 American soldiers are exposed to ‘Desert Rock’atomic explosions for training purposes in Nevada. Participation is not voluntary.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- January 12, 1951 – Ann Althouse, American law professor
- February 14, 1951 – Kevin Keegan, English footballer
- February 24, 1951 – Debra Jo Rupp, American actress
- March 4, 1951 – Kenny Dalglish, Scottish footballer and manager
- March 18, 1951 – Bill Frisell, American jazz musician
- July 3, 1951 – Jean-Claude Duvalier, Haitian politician
- August 25, 1951 – Rob Halford, English singer (Judas Priest)
- August 27, 1951 – Mack Brown, American University of Texas Head Football Coach
- September 9, 1951 – Alexander Downer, Australian politician
- September 20, 1951 – Guy Lafleur, Canadian ice hockey player