What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jose’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1951 Historical Event(s)
- February 6, 1951 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- March 20, 1951 – Fujiyoshida, a city located in Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, in the center of the Japanese main island of Honshū is founded.
- March 31, 1951 – Remington Rand delivers the first UNIVAC I computer to the United States Census Bureau.
- April 11, 1951 – Korean War: President Harry Truman relieves General of the Army Douglas MacArthur of overall command in Korea.
- May 13, 1951 – The 400th anniversary of the founding of the National University of San Marcos is commemorated by the opening of the first large-capacity stadium in Peru.
- May 15, 1951 – The Polish cultural attache in Paris, Czesław Miłosz, asks the French government for political asylum.
- June 14, 1951 – UNIVAC I is dedicated by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- September 1, 1951 – The United States, Australia and New Zealand sign a mutual defense pact, called the ANZUS Treaty.
- September 8, 1951 – Treaty of San Francisco: In San Francisco, California, 48 nations sign a peace treaty with Japan in formal recognition of the end of the Pacific War.
- November 15, 1951 – Greek resistance leader Nikos Beloyannis, along with 11 resistance members, is sentenced to death by the court-martial.
Who Were Born On 1951?
- April 25, 1951 – Ian McCartney, British Member of Parliament
- May 30, 1951 – Stephen Tobolowsky, American actor
- June 5, 1951 – Jill Biden, American educator and wife of Vice President Joe Biden
- June 28, 1951 – Lalla Ward, British actress
- September 9, 1951 – Alexander Downer, Australian politician
- September 12, 1951 – Norm Dubé, Canadian ice hockey player
- September 18, 1951 – Marc Surer, Swiss motor racing driver
- October 20, 1951 – Claudio Ranieri, Italian football player and manager
- November 7, 1951 – Lawrence O'Donnell, American political analyst