Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EOKIRXFEE? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters EOKIRXFEE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 26, 1952 – Black Saturday in Egypt: rioters burn Cairo’s central business district, targeting British and upper-class Egyptian businesses.
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 26, 1952 – Vincent Massey is sworn in as the first Canadian-born Governor-General of Canada.
- March 10, 1952 – Fulgencio Batista leads a successful coup in Cuba and appoints himself as the “provisional president”.
- April 21, 1952 – Secretary‘s Day (now Administrative Professionals’Day) is first celebrated.
- June 26, 1952 – The Pan-Malayan Labour Party is founded in Malaya, as a union of statewise labour parties.
- July 25, 1952 – The U.S. non-incorporated colonial territory of Puerto Rico adopts a constitution of local-limited powers, approved by the United States Congress in contravention of then-current international law.
- August 22, 1952 – The penal colony on Devil’s Island is permanently closed.
- October 20, 1952 – Governor Evelyn Baring declares a state of emergency in Kenya and begins arresting hundreds of suspected leaders of the Mau Mau Uprising, including Jomo Kenyatta, the future first President of Kenya.
- November 25, 1952 – Agatha Christie’s murder-mystery play The Mousetrap opens at the Ambassadors Theatre in London later becoming the longest continuously-running play in history.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- March 16, 1952 – Scott Simon, American journalist and radio personality
- March 19, 1952 – Harvey Weinstein, American film producer
- June 20, 1952 – Vikram Seth, Indian poet
- July 20, 1952 – Keiko Matsuzaka, Japanese actress
- July 27, 1952 – Roxanne Hart, American actress
- August 26, 1952 – Michael Jeter, American actor (d. 2003)
- September 28, 1952 – Efthimis Kioumourtzoglou, Greek basketball coach
- October 21, 1952 – Allen Hoey, American poet and novelist
- November 16, 1952 – Shigeru Miyamoto, Japanese video game designer
- December 15, 1952 – Rudi Protrudi, American musician (The Fuzztones)