Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 26, 1952 – Vincent Massey is sworn in as the first Canadian-born Governor-General of Canada.
- March 10, 1952 – Fulgencio Batista leads a successful coup in Cuba and appoints himself as the “provisional president”.
- May 28, 1952 – The women of Greece are given the right to vote.
- June 21, 1952 – The Philippine School of Commerce, through a republic act, is converted to Philippine College of Commerce, later to be the Polytechnic University of the Philippines.
- July 3, 1952 – The SS United States sets sail on her maiden voyage to Southampton. During the voyage, the ship takes the Blue Riband away from the RMS Queen Mary.
- September 15, 1952 – United Nations gives Eritrea to Ethiopia.
- October 14, 1952 – Korean War: United Nations and South Korean forces launch Operation Showdown against Chinese strongholds at the Iron Triangle. The resulting Battle of Triangle Hill is the biggest and bloodiest battle of 1952.
- November 25, 1952 – Agatha Christie’s murder-mystery play The Mousetrap opens at the Ambassadors Theatre in London later becoming the longest continuously-running play in history.
- December 20, 1952 – United States Air Force C-124 crashes and burns in Moses Lake, Washington killing 87.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- January 16, 1952 – King Fuad II of Egypt
- February 25, 1952 – Jerry Chamberlain, American musician
- March 23, 1952 – Kim Stanley Robinson, American author
- June 14, 1952 – Pat Summitt, American basketball coach
- July 1, 1952 – Dan Aykroyd, Canadian actor
- July 23, 1952 – Paul Hibbert, Australian cricketer (d. 2008)
- September 15, 1952 – Paula Duncan, Australian actress
- September 19, 1952 – Nile Rodgers, American musician and composer
- October 2, 1952 – Robin Riker, American actress
- October 27, 1952 – Hameed Haroon, Pakistani publisher