Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ATGEXIZUE? Check your answers here: Unscramble words ATGEXIZUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 7, 1952 – President Harry S. Truman announces that the United States has developed the hydrogen bomb.
- January 14, 1952 – NBC’s long-running morning news program Today debuts, with host Dave Garroway.
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1952 – Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- March 10, 1952 – Fulgencio Batista leads a successful coup in Cuba and appoints himself as the “provisional president”.
- May 2, 1952 – The world’s first ever jet airliner, the De Havilland Comet 1 makes its maiden flight, from London to Johannesburg.
- June 13, 1952 – Catalina affair: a Swedish Douglas DC-3 is shot down by a Soviet MiG-15 fighter.
- July 23, 1952 – General Muhammad Naguib leads the Free Officers Movement (formed by Gamal Abdel Nasser, the real power behind the coup) in overthrowing King Farouk of Egypt.
- September 8, 1952 – The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation makes its first televised broadcast on the second escape of the Boyd Gang.
- December 1, 1952 – The New York Daily News reports the news of Christine Jorgenson, the first notable case of sexual reassignment surgery.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- February 22, 1952 – Cyrinda Foxe, American model (d. 2002)
- March 1, 1952 – Brian Winters, American basketball player and coach
- March 30, 1952 – Peter Knights, Australian footballer and coach
- April 6, 1952 – Michel Larocque, Canadian ice hockey player (d. 1992)
- June 16, 1952 – Gino Vannelli, Canadian singer and songwriter
- July 3, 1952 – Amit Kumar, Indian singer
- September 13, 1952 – Raymond O'Connor, American actor
- October 26, 1952 – David Was, member of 1980's group Was (Not Was)
- November 24, 1952 – Norbert Haug, German motorsport executive (Mercedes Benz)
- December 27, 1952 – Karla Bonoff, American singer and songwriter