Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 26, 1952 – Black Saturday in Egypt: rioters burn Cairo’s central business district, targeting British and upper-class Egyptian businesses.
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 29, 1952 – The island of Heligoland is restored to German authority.
- March 10, 1952 – Fulgencio Batista leads a successful coup in Cuba and appoints himself as the “provisional president”.
- April 8, 1952 – U.S. President Harry Truman calls for the seizure of all domestic steel mills to prevent a nationwide strike.
- May 3, 1952 – The Kentucky Derby is televised nationally for the first time on the CBS network.
- July 23, 1952 – The European Coal and Steel community is established.
- July 25, 1952 – The U.S. non-incorporated colonial territory of Puerto Rico adopts a constitution of local-limited powers, approved by the United States Congress in contravention of then-current international law.
- October 3, 1952 – The United Kingdom successfully tests a nuclear weapon to become the world’s third nuclear power.
- December 1, 1952 – The New York Daily News reports the news of Christine Jorgenson, the first notable case of sexual reassignment surgery.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- January 3, 1952 – Jim Ross, American wrestling announcer
- January 11, 1952 – Bille Brown, Australian actor and playwright
- January 18, 1952 – Michael Behe, American advocate of Intelligent Design
- March 4, 1952 – Ronn Moss, American actor
- April 15, 1952 – Bengt Gingsjö, Swedish swimmer
- May 30, 1952 – Scott Holmes, American actor
- July 21, 1952 – John Barrasso, American politician
- August 5, 1952 – Louis Walsh, Irish music manager
- October 8, 1952 – Takis Koroneos, Greek basketball player and coach
- October 21, 1952 – Allen Hoey, American poet and novelist