Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OSFNFOPZA? Check your answers here: Word search OSFNFOPZA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 29, 1952 – The island of Heligoland is restored to German authority.
- April 9, 1952 – Hugo Ballivian’s government is overthrown by the Bolivian National Revolution, starting a period of agrarian reform, universal suffrage and the nationalisation of tin mines
- April 15, 1952 – The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
- April 21, 1952 – Secretary‘s Day (now Administrative Professionals’Day) is first celebrated.
- April 28, 1952 – Dwight D. Eisenhower resigns as Supreme Allied Commander of NATO.
- July 3, 1952 – The SS United States sets sail on her maiden voyage to Southampton. During the voyage, the ship takes the Blue Riband away from the RMS Queen Mary.
- August 22, 1952 – The penal colony on Devil’s Island is permanently closed.
- November 19, 1952 – Greek Field Marshal Alexander Papagos becomes the 152nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- December 1, 1952 – The New York Daily News reports the news of Christine Jorgenson, the first notable case of sexual reassignment surgery.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- January 1, 1952 – Stephanie Faracy, American actress
- March 16, 1952 – Scott Simon, American journalist and radio personality
- May 23, 1952 – Anne-Marie David, French singer
- June 6, 1952 – Harvey Fierstein, American actor
- July 7, 1952 – Mando Guerrero, Mexican professional wrestler
- November 3, 1952 – Jim Cummings, American voice actor
- December 5, 1952 – Andy Kim, Canadian singer, songwriter
- December 7, 1952 – Georges Corraface, Greek actor, president of the Thessaloniki International Film Festival
- December 27, 1952 – Karla Bonoff, American singer and songwriter
- December 31, 1952 – Vaughan F. R. Jones , New Zealand mathematician