Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1952 Historical Event(s)
- January 14, 1952 – NBC’s long-running morning news program Today debuts, with host Dave Garroway.
- January 27, 1952 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1952 – Elizabeth II is proclaimed Queen of the United Kingdom.
- April 15, 1952 – The maiden flight of the B-52 Stratofortress
- April 28, 1952 – The Sino-Japanese Peace Treaty (Treaty of Taipei) is signed in Taipei, Taiwan between Japan and the Republic of China to officially end the Second Sino-Japanese War.
- June 14, 1952 – The keel is laid for the nuclear submarine USS Nautilus.
- July 23, 1952 – General Muhammad Naguib leads the Free Officers Movement (formed by Gamal Abdel Nasser, the real power behind the coup) in overthrowing King Farouk of Egypt.
- September 6, 1952 – Canada’s first television station, CBFT-TV, opens in Montreal.
- November 1, 1952 – Operation Ivy – The United States successfully detonates the first large hydrogen bomb, codenamed “Mike” [“M” for megaton], in the Eniwetok atoll, located in the Marshall Islands in the central Pacific Ocean. The explosion had a yield of 10 megatons.
- December 5, 1952 – Great Smog of 1952: A cold fog descends upon London, combining with air pollution and killing at least 12,000 in the weeks and months that follow.
Who Were Born On 1952?
- January 25, 1952 – Sara Mandiano, French singer and songwriter
- March 7, 1952 – Lynn Swann, American football player
- March 16, 1952 – Graham Cole, British actor
- March 17, 1952 – Nikos Xydakis, Greek musician and composer
- March 22, 1952 – Jay Dee Daugherty, American drummer
- April 15, 1952 – Sam McMurray, American actor
- June 11, 1952 – Donnie Van Zant, American rock vocalist and guitarist (38 Special, Van Zant)
- June 25, 1952 – Tim Finn, New Zealand singer and songwriter
- November 3, 1952 – Jim Cummings, American voice actor
- December 7, 1952 – Susan Collins, American politician