Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters DAQAQSACOT? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters DAQAQSACOT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1953 Historical Event(s)
- February 14, 1953 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Snake in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1953 – The Academy Awards are first broadcast on television by NBC.
- April 25, 1953 – Francis Crick and James D. Watson publish Molecular structure of nucleic acids: a structure for deoxyribose nucleic acid describing the double helix structure of DNA.
- April 29, 1953 – The first U.S. experimental 3D-TV broadcast showed an episode of Space Patrol on Los Angeles ABC affiliate KECA-TV.
- June 2, 1953 – The coronation of Queen Elizabeth II, who is crowned Queen of the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Her Other Realms and Territories & Head of the Commonwealth, the first major international event to be televised.
- June 30, 1953 – The first Chevrolet Corvette rolls off the assembly line in Flint, Michigan.
- July 27, 1953 – Fighting in the Korean War ends when the United States, the People’s Republic of China, and North Korea sign an armistice agreement. Syngman Rhee, President of South Korea, refuses to sign but pledges to observe the armistice.
- October 29, 1953 – BCPA Flight 304 DC-6 crashes near San Francisco, California. Pianist William Kapell is among the 19 killed.
- November 2, 1953 – The Constituent Assembly of Pakistan names the country The Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- November 21, 1953 – The British Natural History Museum announces that the “Piltdown Man” skull, initially believed to be one of the most important fossilized hominid skulls ever found, is a hoax.
Who Were Born On 1953?
- January 23, 1953 – John Luther Adams, American composer
- March 15, 1953 – Heather Graham, American writer
- April 3, 1953 – Wakanohana Kanji II, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 56th Yokozuna
- April 14, 1953 – David Buss, Evolutionary psychologist
- May 11, 1953 – David Gest, American television producer
- May 25, 1953 – Eve Ensler, American playwright
- June 16, 1953 – Ian Mosley, British drummer (Marillion)
- November 4, 1953 – Richie Green, Canadian actor
- December 6, 1953 – Kin Shriner, American actor
- December 11, 1953 – Bess Armstrong, American actress