Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1954 Historical Event(s)
- January 20, 1954 – The National Negro Network is established with 40 charter member radio stations.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 10, 1954 – President Dwight Eisenhower warns against United States intervention in Vietnam.
- March 13, 1954 – Battle of Điện Biên Phủ: Viet Minh forces attack the French.
- April 8, 1954 – South African Airways Flight 201 A de Havilland DH.106 Comet 1 crashes into the sea during night killing 21 people.
- May 17, 1954 – The United States Supreme Court hands down a unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
- June 9, 1954 – McCarthyism: Joseph Welch, special counsel for the United States Army, lashes out at Senator Joseph McCarthy during hearings on whether Communism has infiltrated the Army giving McCarthy the famous rebuke, “You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?”
- July 21, 1954 – First Indochina War: The Geneva Conference partitions Vietnam into North Vietnam and South Vietnam.
- August 24, 1954 – Getúlio Dornelles Vargas, president of Brazil, commits suicide and is succeeded by João Café Filho.
- October 18, 1954 – Texas Instruments announces the first Transistor radio.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- January 20, 1954 – Rudy La Scala, Venezuelan singer-songwriter
- January 29, 1954 – Terry Kinney, American actor
- February 26, 1954 – Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, Turkish politician, Prime Minister (2003–present)
- March 15, 1954 – Bob Budiansky, American comic book writer, illustrator, and editor
- June 15, 1954 – Beverley Whitfield, Australian swimmer (d. 1996)
- August 2, 1954 – James Charles Kopp, American anti-abortion militant, murderer of Barnett Slepian
- August 26, 1954 – Efren Reyes, Filipino pool player
- August 28, 1954 – George Church, American geneticist
- October 9, 1954 – Anne-Marie Goumba, African politician
- November 14, 1954 – Condoleezza Rice, American educator, diplomat and 66th United States Secretary of State