What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Phillip’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1954 Historical Event(s)
- January 20, 1954 – The National Negro Network is established with 40 charter member radio stations.
- February 3, 1954 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 10, 1954 – President Dwight Eisenhower warns against United States intervention in Vietnam.
- February 13, 1954 – Frank Selvy becomes the only NCAA Division I basketball player ever to score 100 points in a single game
- April 8, 1954 – A Royal Canadian Air Force Canadair Harvard collided with a Trans-Canada Airlines Canadair North Star over Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan, killing 37 people.
- May 6, 1954 – Roger Bannister becomes the first person to run the mile in under four minutes.
- May 17, 1954 – The United States Supreme Court hands down a unanimous decision in Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka, Kansas.
- June 9, 1954 – McCarthyism: Joseph Welch, special counsel for the United States Army, lashes out at Senator Joseph McCarthy during hearings on whether Communism has infiltrated the Army giving McCarthy the famous rebuke, “You've done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?”
- August 23, 1954 – First flight of the C-130 Hercules transport aircraft.
- September 11, 1954 – Hurricane Edna hits New England as a Category 3 hurricane, causing significant damage and 29 deaths.
Who Were Born On 1954?
- April 23, 1954 – Michael Moore, American filmmaker
- May 8, 1954 – David Keith, American actor
- June 21, 1954 – Kathy Sullivan, American attorney and politician
- July 17, 1954 – Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany
- August 9, 1954 – Ray Jennings, South African cricketer and coach
- October 13, 1954 – Claude Ribbe, French historian
- November 9, 1954 – Shankar Nag, Indian film actor and director
- November 27, 1954 – Arthur Smith, British comedian and writer
- December 24, 1954 – José María Figueres, Costa Rican politician
- December 28, 1954 – Denzel Washington, American actor