Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1955 Historical Event(s)
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 11, 1955 – The Air India Kashmir Princess is bombed and crashes in a failed assassination attempt on Zhou Enlai by the Kuomintang.
- April 18, 1955 – 29 nations meet at Bandung, Indonesia, for the first Asian-African Conference.
- April 24, 1955 – The Bandung Conference ends: 29 non-aligned nations of Asia and Africa finish a meeting that condemns colonialism, racism, and the Cold War.
- July 27, 1955 – The Allied occupation of Austria stemming from World War II, ends.
- September 25, 1955 – The Royal Jordanian Air Force is founded.
- November 23, 1955 – The Cocos Islands are transferred from the control of the United Kingdom to Australia.
- December 1, 1955 – American Civil Rights Movement: In Montgomery, Alabama, seamstress Rosa Parks refuses to give up her bus seat to a white man and is arrested for violating the city’s racial segregation laws, an incident which leads to the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- December 10, 1955 – The Mighty Mouse Playhouse premieres on television.
- December 20, 1955 – Cardiff is proclaimed the capital city of Wales, United Kingdom.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- January 30, 1955 – Mychal Thompson, Bahamian basketball player
- March 4, 1955 – Rowland Charles Gould (Boon Gould) English musician (Level 42)
- June 21, 1955 – Tim Bray, Canadian computer programmer
- August 27, 1955 – Diana Scarwid, American actress
- September 16, 1955 – Janet Ellis, British television presenter
- October 18, 1955 – Vanessa Briscoe Hay, American singer and songwriter (Pylon (band), Supercluster)
- November 5, 1955 – Bernard Chazelle, French computer scientist
- November 7, 1955 – Shirley Eikhard, Canadian singer-songwriter
- November 24, 1955 – Ian Botham, England test cricketer