Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters CREZATOI? Check your answers here: Words with these letters CREZATOI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1955 Historical Event(s)
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1955 – The Government of Sindh abolishes the Jagirdari system in the province. One million acres (4000 km²) of land thus acquired is to be distributed among the landless peasants.
- April 18, 1955 – 29 nations meet at Bandung, Indonesia, for the first Asian-African Conference.
- June 14, 1955 – Chile becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- July 15, 1955 – Eighteen Nobel laureates sign the Mainau Declaration against nuclear weapons, later co-signed by thirty-four others.
- August 19, 1955 – In the Northeast United States, severe flooding caused by Hurricane Diane, claims 200 lives.
- October 26, 1955 – After the last Allied troops have left the country and following the provisions of the Austrian Independence Treaty, Austria declares permanent neutrality.
- November 4, 1955 – After being destroyed in World War II, the rebuilt Vienna State Opera reopens with a performance of Beethoven’s Fidelio.
- December 20, 1955 – Cardiff is proclaimed the capital city of Wales, United Kingdom.
- December 31, 1955 – The General Motors Corporation becomes the first U.S. corporation to make over US$1 billion in a year.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- January 15, 1955 – Nigel Benson, English author
- February 24, 1955 – Eddie L. Johnson, retired American professional basketball player and sex offender
- March 17, 1955 – Gary Sinise, American actor
- July 17, 1955 – Christopher Chappell, Canadian Cricketer
- August 7, 1955 – Greg Nickels, American politician
- September 4, 1955 – David Broza, a multi-platinum Israeli singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- September 25, 1955 – Steven Severin, British musician (Siouxsie and the Banshees)
- October 29, 1955 – Roger O'Donnell, English musician (The Cure)
- December 11, 1955 – Christian Sackewitz, German footballer