Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OLIYMOSWIMUT? Check your answers here: Words with these letters OLIYMOSWIMUT. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1955 Historical Event(s)
- January 4, 1955 – The Greek National Radical Union is formed by Konstantinos Karamanlis.
- January 24, 1955 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 12, 1955 – The polio vaccine, developed by Dr. Jonas Salk, is declared safe and effective.
- April 15, 1955 – McDonald’s restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois
- April 18, 1955 – 29 nations meet at Bandung, Indonesia, for the first Asian-African Conference.
- April 23, 1955 – The Canadian Labour Congress is formed by the merger of the Trades and Labour Congress of Canada and the Canadian Congress of Labour.
- May 18, 1955 – Operation Passage to Freedom, the evacuation of 310,000 Vietnamese civilians, soldiers and non-Vietnamese members of the French Army from communist North Vietnam to South Vietnam following the end of the First Indochina War, ends.
- June 14, 1955 – Chile becomes a signatory to the Buenos Aires copyright treaty.
- June 26, 1955 – The South African Congress Alliance adopts the Freedom Charter at the Congress of the People in Kliptown.
- December 31, 1955 – The General Motors Corporation becomes the first U.S. corporation to make over US$1 billion in a year.
Who Were Born On 1955?
- January 13, 1955 – Paul Kelly, Australian singer-songwriter
- January 24, 1955 – Jim Montgomery, American swimmer
- April 7, 1955 – Gregg Jarrett, American lawyer and television news journalist
- April 24, 1955 – Michael O'Keefe, American actor
- June 26, 1955 – Mick Jones, British guitarist (The Clash, Big Audio Dynamite)
- July 12, 1955 – Bambi Woods, American porn actress
- October 12, 1955 – Aggie MacKenzie, Scottish television presenter
- November 15, 1955 – Georgie Born, English academic, anthropologist and musician (Henry Cow)
- December 7, 1955 – John Watkins, Australian politician
- December 27, 1955 – Brad Murphey, Australian racing driver