Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters UUHLREOOW? Check your answers here: Words with these letters UUHLREOOW. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1956 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 1956 – Sudan achieves independence from Egypt and the United Kingdom.
- January 16, 1956 – President Gamal Abdal Nasser of Egypt vows to reconquer Palestine.
- January 30, 1956 – American civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.'s home is bombed in retaliation for the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1956 – Formation of the National People’s Army
- June 11, 1956 – Start of Gal Oya riots, the first reported ethnic riots that target minority Sri Lankan Tamils in the Eastern Province. The total number of deaths is reportedly 150.
- October 15, 1956 – Fortran, the first modern computer language, is shared with the coding community for the first time.
- October 19, 1956 – The Soviet Union and Japan sign a Joint Declaration, officially ending the state of war between the two countries that had existed since August 1945.
- November 4, 1956 – Soviet troops enter Hungary to end the Hungarian revolution against the Soviet Union, that started on October 23. Thousands are killed, more are wounded, and nearly a quarter million leave the country.
- December 9, 1956 – Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- February 7, 1956 – Emo Philips, American comedian
- May 24, 1956 – Larry Blackmon, American singer (Cameo)
- May 28, 1956 – Markus Höttinger, Austrian racing driver (d. 1980)
- May 29, 1956 – LaToya Jackson, American singer
- July 17, 1956 – Robert Romanus, American actor
- August 18, 1956 – Sandeep Patil, Indian cricketer
- September 22, 1956 – David Krakauer, clarinetist known for his klezmer compositions
- October 23, 1956 – Dwight Yoakam, American singer