Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZTCGERWAOH? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters ZTCGERWAOH. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1956 Historical Event(s)
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 25, 1956 – In his speech On the Personality Cult and its Consequences Nikita Khrushchev, leader of the Soviet Union denounces the cult of personality of Joseph Stalin.
- April 3, 1956 – Hudsonville-Standale Tornado: The western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan is struck by a deadly F5 tornado.
- July 31, 1956 – Jim Laker becomes the first man to take all 10 wickets in a Test match innings as he returns figures of 10/53 in the Australian 2nd innings. This combined with his 9/37 in the first innings gave him match figures of 19/90 in the 4th Test at Old Trafford.
- August 30, 1956 – The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway opens.
- September 9, 1956 – Elvis Presley appears on The Ed Sullivan Show for the first time.
- September 13, 1956 – The dike around the Dutch polder East Flevoland is closed.
- October 15, 1956 – Fortran, the first modern computer language, is shared with the coding community for the first time.
- December 2, 1956 – The Granma yacht reaches the shores of Cuba’s Oriente province and Fidel Castro, Che Guevara and 80 other members of the 26th of July Movement disembark to initiate the Cuban Revolution.
- December 22, 1956 – Colo, the first gorilla to be bred in captivity, is born at the Columbus Zoo in Ohio.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 4, 1956 – Bernard Sumner, English musician (Joy Division, New Order, Electronic)
- January 7, 1956 – Mike Liut, Canadian ice hockey player
- January 14, 1956 – Rosina Lippi-Green (Rosina Lippi, Sara Donati), U.S.American writer.
- February 14, 1956 – Dave Dravecky, American baseball player
- February 29, 1956 – Jerry Fry, American baseball player
- May 3, 1956 – Marc Bellemare, French Canadian lawyer and politician
- May 24, 1956 – Larry Blackmon, American singer (Cameo)
- November 2, 1956 – Peter Mullan, Scottish actor
- November 10, 1956 – Mohsen Badawi, Egyptian entrepreneur and activist