What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Xavier’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1956 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1956 – Operation Auca: Five U.S. missionaries are killed by the Huaorani of Ecuador shortly after making contact with them.
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 29, 1956 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower announces to the nation that he is running for a second term.
- March 20, 1956 – Tunisia gains independence from France.
- April 5, 1956 – Fidel Castro declares himself at war with the President of Cuba.
- April 7, 1956 – Spain relinquishes its protectorate in Morocco.
- October 21, 1956 – Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is captured by the British Army, signalling the ultimate defeat of the Mau Mau Uprising, and essentially ending the British military campaign.
- November 1, 1956 – The Indian states Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, and Mysore state are formally created under the States Reorganisation Act.
- November 7, 1956 – Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- November 13, 1956 – The United States Supreme Court declares Alabama laws requiring segregated buses illegal, thus ending the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- March 17, 1956 – Patrick McDonnell, American cartoonist
- March 20, 1956 – Catherine Ashton, British politician
- June 17, 1956 – Iain Milne, Scottish rugby union footballer
- July 20, 1956 – Paul Cook, English musician (The Sex Pistols)
- August 2, 1956 – Jim Neidhart, American professional wrestler
- September 17, 1956 – Brian Andreas, American writer, sculptor, painter and publisher
- October 19, 1956 – Carlo Urbani, Italian physician (d. 1993)
- October 27, 1956 – Jaq D. Hawkins, British author, occultist and lecturer
- October 28, 1956 – Volker Zotz, Austrian philosopher
- November 7, 1956 – Judy Tenuta, American comedienne and accordionist