Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1956 Historical Event(s)
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1956 – Formation of the National People’s Army
- March 23, 1956 – Pakistan becomes the first Islamic republic in the world. (Republic Day in Pakistan)
- April 14, 1956 – In Chicago, Illinois, videotape is first demonstrated.
- May 24, 1956 – Conclusion of the Sixth Buddhist Council on Vesak Day, marking the 2,500 year anniversary after the Lord Buddha’s Parinibbāna.
- June 23, 1956 – The French National Assembly takes the first step in creating the French Community by passing the Loi Cadre, transferring a number of powers from Paris to elected territorial governments in French West Africa.
- July 16, 1956 – Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus closes its very last “Big Tent” show in Pittsburgh, due to changing economics all subsequent circus shows will be held in arenas.
- November 7, 1956 – Suez Crisis: The United Nations General Assembly adopts a resolution calling for the United Kingdom, France and Israel to immediately withdraw their troops from Egypt.
- December 6, 1956 – A violent water polo match between Hungary and the USSR takes place during the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne, against the backdrop of the 1956 Hungarian Revolution.
- December 18, 1956 – Japan joins the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 19, 1956 – Carman Licciardello, American singer
- February 1, 1956 – Mike Kitchen, Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- March 8, 1956 – Laurie Cunningham, English footballer (d. 1989)
- April 28, 1956 – Jimmy Barnes, Scottish-born singer
- July 30, 1956 – Delta Burke, American actress
- August 18, 1956 – Sandeep Patil, Indian cricketer
- August 24, 1956 – Dick Lee, Singaporean singer-songwriter
- October 13, 1956 – Chris Carter, American television producer
- December 2, 1956 – Steven Bauer, American actor
- December 13, 1956 – Dale Berra, American baseball player