Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1956 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1956 – Elvis Presley made his first US TV appearance
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 29, 1956 – U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower announces to the nation that he is running for a second term.
- April 3, 1956 – Hudsonville-Standale Tornado: The western half of the Lower Peninsula of Michigan is struck by a deadly F5 tornado.
- April 5, 1956 – In Sri Lanka, the Mahajana Eksath Peramuna win the general elections in a landslide and S.W.R.D. Bandaranaike is sworn in as the Prime Minister.
- July 7, 1956 – Fritz Moravec and two other Austrian mountaineers make the first ascent of Gasherbrum II (8,035 m).
- July 16, 1956 – Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus closes its very last “Big Tent” show in Pittsburgh, due to changing economics all subsequent circus shows will be held in arenas.
- July 25, 1956 – 45 miles south of Nantucket Island, the Italian ocean liner SS Andrea Doria collides with the MS Stockholm in heavy fog and sinks the next day, killing 51.
- September 4, 1956 – The IBM RAMAC 305 is introduced, the first commercial computer to use magnetic disk storage.
- December 12, 1956 – Beginning of the Irish Republican Army’s “Border Campaign”.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- January 7, 1956 – Uwe Ochsenknecht, German actor and singer
- February 19, 1956 – Kathleen Beller, American actress
- March 3, 1956 – Zbigniew Boniek, Polish footballer
- April 6, 1956 – Sebastian Spreng, Argentinean visual artist
- June 3, 1956 – Brad Nessler, American sports broadcaster
- June 4, 1956 – Gerry Ryan, Irish radio talkshow host (d. 2010)
- June 11, 1956 – Steven A. Cohen, American hedge fund manager
- June 12, 1956 – Terry Alderman, Australian cricketer
- September 20, 1956 – Steve Coleman, African American saxophone player, spontaneous composer, composer and band leader
- December 23, 1956 – Dave Murray, English musician (Iron Maiden)