Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1956 Historical Event(s)
- February 12, 1956 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 25, 1956 – In his speech On the Personality Cult and its Consequences Nikita Khrushchev, leader of the Soviet Union denounces the cult of personality of Joseph Stalin.
- March 9, 1956 – Soviet military suppresses a mass demonstrations in the Georgian SSR, reacting to Nikita Khrushchev’s de-Stalinization policy.
- April 5, 1956 – Fidel Castro declares himself at war with the President of Cuba.
- April 26, 1956 – First container ship left Port Newark, New Jersey for Houston, Texas.
- August 6, 1956 – After going bankrupt in 1955, the American broadcaster DuMont Television Network makes its final broadcast, a boxing match from St. Nicholas Arena in New York in the Boxing from St. Nicholas Arena series.
- August 30, 1956 – The Lake Pontchartrain Causeway opens.
- October 14, 1956 – Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, the Indian Untouchable caste leader, converts to Buddhism along with 385,000 of his followers (see Neo-Buddhism).
- October 21, 1956 – Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is captured by the British Army, signalling the ultimate defeat of the Mau Mau Uprising, and essentially ending the British military campaign.
- November 1, 1956 – In India, Kanyakumari district was joined to Tamilnadu state from Kerala.
Who Were Born On 1956?
- February 20, 1956 – Rick Green, Canadian ice hockey player
- March 13, 1956 – Dana Delany, American actress
- April 25, 1956 – Jaroslava Schallerová, Czech actress
- July 4, 1956 – Mark Belling, American radio talkshow host
- July 31, 1956 – Michael Biehn, American actor
- September 10, 1956 – Johnny Fingers, Irish musician The Boomtown Rats
- November 8, 1956 – Steven Miller, American record producer
- November 10, 1956 – Sinbad, American actor
- November 13, 1956 – Rex Linn, American actor
- November 27, 1956 – William Fichtner, American actor