Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1957 Historical Event(s)
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 18, 1957 – Kenyan rebel leader Dedan Kimathi is executed by the British colonial government.
- March 8, 1957 – The 1957 Georgia Memorial to Congress, which petitions the U.S. Congress to declare the ratification of the 14th & 15th Amendments to the U.S. Constitution null and void, is adopted by the U.S. state of Georgia.
- March 29, 1957 – The New York, Ontario and Western Railway makes its final run, the first major U.S. railroad to be abandoned in its entirety.
- June 21, 1957 – Ellen Fairclough is sworn in as Canada’s first woman Cabinet Minister.
- June 24, 1957 – In Roth v. United States, the U.S. Supreme Court rules that obscenity is not protected by the First Amendment.
- July 14, 1957 – Rawya Ateya takes her seat in the National Assembly of Egypt, thereby becoming the first female parliamentarian in the Arab world.
- September 24, 1957 – President Dwight D. Eisenhower sends 101st Airborne Division troops to Little Rock, Arkansas, to enforce desegregation.
- October 4, 1957 – Sputnik 1 is launched by the Soviet Union.
- December 16, 1957 – Sir Feroz Khan Noon replaces Ibrahim Ismail Chundrigar as Prime Minister of Pakistan.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 12, 1957 – John Lasseter, American animation director
- February 26, 1957 – Joe Mullen, American ice hockey player
- April 27, 1957 – Rosanna Scotto, American news anchor
- July 7, 1957 – Berry Sakharof, Turkish-born Israeli guitarist (Minimal Compact)
- August 7, 1957 – Alexander Dityatin, Soviet gymnast
- August 21, 1957 – Steve Smith, American drummer (Journey)
- October 25, 1957 – Nancy Cartwright, American voice actress
- November 7, 1957 – King Kong Bundy, American professional wrestler
- November 13, 1957 – Roger Ingram, American trumpeter, educator, and author
- December 29, 1957 – Brad Grey, American film producer