What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Damien’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1957 Historical Event(s)
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 2, 1957 – Iskander Mirza of Pakistan lays the foundation-stone of the Guddu Barrage.
- March 4, 1957 – The S&P 500 stock market index is introduced, replacing the S&P 90.
- March 6, 1957 – Ghana becomes the first Sub-Saharan country to gain Independence from the British
- April 6, 1957 – Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis buys the Hellenic National Airlines (TAE) and founds Olympic Airlines.
- July 11, 1957 – Prince Karim Husseini Aga Khan IV inherits the office of Imamat as the 49th Imam of Shia Imami Ismaili worldwide, after the death of Sir Sultan Mahommed Shah Aga Khan III.
- July 16, 1957 – United States Marine major John Glenn flies a F8U Crusader supersonic jet from California to New York in 3 hours, 23 minutes and 8 seconds, setting a new transcontinental speed record.
- September 4, 1957 – American Civil Rights Movement: Little Rock Crisis – Orval Faubus, governor of Arkansas, calls out the National Guard to prevent African American students from enrolling in Central High School.
- October 22, 1957 – Vietnam War: First United States casualties in Vietnam.
- December 6, 1957 – Project Vanguard: A launchpad explosion of Vanguard TV3 thwarts the first United States attempt to launch a satellite into Earth orbit.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 3, 1957 – Bojan Križај, Slovenian skier
- February 4, 1957 – Don Davis, American composer
- March 8, 1957 – Cynthia Rothrock, American actress
- March 10, 1957 – Matt Knudsen, American actor
- March 12, 1957 – Patrick Battiston, French footballer
- March 18, 1957 – György Pazdera, Hungarian bassist (Pokolgép)
- August 16, 1957 – Tim Farriss, Australian musician (INXS)
- August 19, 1957 – Ian Gould, England cricketer
- November 7, 1957 – King Kong Bundy, American professional wrestler
- December 20, 1957 – Billy Bragg, English singer and songwriter