Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1957 Historical Event(s)
- January 5, 1957 – In a speech given to the United States Congress, President Dwight D. Eisenhower announces the establishment of what will later be called the Eisenhower Doctrine.
- January 31, 1957 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 22, 1957 – Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam survives a communist shooting assassination attempt in Ban Me Thuot.
- July 25, 1957 – The Republic of Tunisia is proclaimed.
- August 5, 1957 – American Bandstand, a show dedicated to the teenage “baby-boomers” by playing the songs and showing popular dances of the time, debuts on the ABC television network.
- September 17, 1957 – Malaysia joins the United Nations.
- October 14, 1957 – Queen Elizabeth II becomes the first Canadian Monarch to open up an annual session of the Canadian Parliament, presenting her Speech from the Throne in Ottawa, Canada.
- October 24, 1957 – The USAF starts the X-20 Dyna-Soar program.
- November 8, 1957 – Operation Grapple X, Round C1: Britain conducts its first successful hydrogen bomb test over Kiritimati in the Pacific.
- November 17, 1957 – Vickers Viscount G-AOHP of British European Airways crashes at Ballerup after the failure of three engines on approach to Copenhagen Airport. The cause is a malfunction of the anti-icing system on the aircraft.
Who Were Born On 1957?
- January 28, 1957 – Frank Skinner, British comedian
- March 1, 1957 – Peter Athans, American mountaineer
- April 24, 1957 – Boris Williams, British musician (The Cure)
- April 27, 1957 – Adrian Utley, English musician (Portishead)
- August 5, 1957 – Clayton Rohner, American actor
- August 28, 1957 – Rick Rossovich, American actor
- October 20, 1957 – Susanna Haavisto, Finnish actress and singer
- November 17, 1957 – Debbie Thrower, news reader
- December 6, 1957 – Adrian Borland, English musician (The Sound) (d. 1999)
- December 17, 1957 – Earl Hudson, American drummer (Bad Brains)