Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1958 Historical Event(s)
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- May 13, 1958 – During a visit to Caracas, Venezuela, Vice President Richard Nixon’s car is attacked by anti-American demonstrators.
- June 16, 1958 – Imre Nagy, Pál Maléter and other leaders of the 1956 Hungarian Uprising are executed.
- June 23, 1958 – The Dutch Reformed Church accepts women ministers.
- July 25, 1958 – The African Regroupment Party (PRA) holds its first congress in Cotonou.
- August 31, 1958 – A parcel bomb sent by Ngo Dinh Nhu, younger brother and chief adviser of South Vietnamese President Ngo Dinh Diem, fails to kill King Norodom Sihanouk of Cambodia.
- September 15, 1958 – A Central Railroad of New Jersey commuter train runs through an open drawbridge at the Newark Bay, killing 58.
- October 14, 1958 – The American Atomic Energy Commission, with supporting military units, carries out an underground nuclear weapon test at the Nevada Test Site, just north of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- October 26, 1958 – Pan American Airways makes the first commercial flight of the Boeing 707 from New York City to Paris, France.
- December 4, 1958 – Dahomey (present-day Benin) becomes a self-governing country within the French Community.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 11, 1958 – Diego León Montoya Sánchez, Colombian organized crime figure
- February 4, 1958 – Tomasz Pacyński, Polish writer
- March 2, 1958 – Ian Woosnam, Welsh golfer
- March 21, 1958 – Gary Oldman, English actor
- April 4, 1958 – Mary-Margaret Humes, American actress
- May 4, 1958 – Delbert Fowler, American football player
- July 14, 1958 – Robert Jensen, American journalist and activist
- October 3, 1958 – Louise Lecavalier, Canadian dancer (La La La Human Steps)
- November 22, 1958 – Horse, Scottish singer and songwriter
- December 27, 1958 – Steve Jones, American golfer