What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Mia’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1958 Historical Event(s)
- January 18, 1958 – Willie O'Ree, the first African Canadian National Hockey League player, makes his NHL debut.
- January 28, 1958 – The last episode of the British radio comedy programme Goon Show was broadcast.
- February 18, 1958 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Dog in Chinese astrology.
- March 19, 1958 – The Monarch Underwear Company fire leaves 24 dead and 15 injured.
- May 13, 1958 – During a visit to Caracas, Venezuela, Vice President Richard Nixon’s car is attacked by anti-American demonstrators.
- May 27, 1958 – The F-4 Phantom II makes its first flight.
- August 18, 1958 – Brojen Das from Bangladesh swims across the English Channel in a competition, as the first Bangali as well as the first Asian to ever do it. He became first among 39 competitors.
- October 27, 1958 – Iskander Mirza, the first President of Pakistan, is deposed in a bloodless coup d'état by General Ayub Khan, who had been appointed the enforcer of martial law by Mirza 20 days earlier.
- December 5, 1958 – The Preston bypass, the UK’s first stretch of motorway, opens to traffic for the first time. It is now part of the M6 and M55 motorways.
Who Were Born On 1958?
- January 26, 1958 – Anita Baker, American singer
- February 1, 1958 – Jackie Shroff, Indian actor
- April 21, 1958 – Yoshito Usui, Japanese manga artist
- April 30, 1958 – Charles Berling, French actor, director and screenwriter
- June 15, 1958 – Wade Boggs, American baseball player
- July 3, 1958 – Charlie Higson, English author and actor
- August 15, 1958 – Craig MacTavish, Canadian ice hockey player/coach
- September 12, 1958 – Wilfredo Benitez, American boxer
- October 18, 1958 – Thomas Hearns, American boxer
- November 30, 1958 – Juliette Bergmann, Dutch bodybuilder