Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters VFEHCUTOXZE? Check your answers here: Word solver VFEHCUTOXZE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1960 Historical Event(s)
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1960 – The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- April 21, 1960 – Founding of the Orthodox Bahá'í Faith in Washington, D.C.
- May 11, 1960 – In Buenos Aires, Argentina, four Israeli Mossad agents capture fugitive Nazi Adolf Eichmann who is living under the alias of Ricardo Klement.
- July 11, 1960 – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published.
- September 5, 1960 – The boxer Muhammad Ali (then Cassius Clay) is awarded the gold medal for his first place in the light heavyweight boxing competition at the Olympic Games in Rome.
- September 18, 1960 – Fidel Castro arrives in New York City as the head of the Cuban delegation to the United Nations.
- September 29, 1960 – Nikita Khrushchev, leader of Soviet Union, disrupts a meeting of the United Nations General Assembly with a number of angry outbursts.
- October 29, 1960 – In Louisville, Kentucky, Cassius Clay (who later takes the name Muhammad Ali) wins his first professional fight.
- December 11, 1960 – French forces crack down in a violent clash with protesters in French Algeria during a visit by French president Charles de Gaulle.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- January 6, 1960 – Nigella Lawson, English chef and writer
- February 29, 1960 – Khaled, Algerian raï musician
- March 7, 1960 – Ivan Lendl, Czech tennis player
- March 17, 1960 – Vicki Lewis, American actress
- April 29, 1960 – Robert J. Sawyer, Canadian writer
- June 20, 1960 – John Taylor, English musician (Duran Duran)
- August 13, 1960 – Phil Taylor, English darts player
- September 2, 1960 – Hideo Yoshizawa, Japanese video game designer and executive, General Manager at Namco Bandai Holdings
- September 28, 1960 – Frank Hammerschlag, German footballer
- October 8, 1960 – Reed Hastings, American businessman and entrepreneur