Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
1960 Historical Event(s)
- January 26, 1960 – Danny Heater sets a worldwide high school basketball scoring record when he records 135 points for Burnsville High School (West Virginia)
- January 28, 1960 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rat in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1960 – The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- June 26, 1960 – The former British Protectorate of British Somaliland gains its independence as Somaliland.
- July 4, 1960 – Due to the post-Independence Day admission of Hawaii as the 50th U.S. state on August 21, 1959, the 50-star flag of the United States debuts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania almost ten and a half months later (see Flag Act).
- July 16, 1960 – USS George Washington a modified Skipjack class submarine successfully test fires the first ballistic missile while submerged.
- August 16, 1960 – Cyprus gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- September 5, 1960 – The poet Léopold Sédar Senghor is elected as the first President of Senegal.
- October 7, 1960 – Nigeria joins the United Nations.
- December 16, 1960 – 1960 New York air disaster: While approaching New York’s Idlewild Airport, a United Airlines Douglas DC-8 collides with a TWA Lockheed Super Constellation in a blinding snowstorm over Staten Island, killing 134.
Who Were Born On 1960?
- January 23, 1960 – Patrick de Gayardon, French skydiver and skysurfing pioneer (d. 1998)
- February 15, 1960 – Roman Kostrzewski, Polish heavy metal musician
- March 10, 1960 – Lance Burton, American stage illusionist
- April 23, 1960 – Valerie Bertinelli, American actress
- April 28, 1960 – John Cerutti, American baseball player and announcer (d. 2004)
- May 24, 1960 – Doug Jones, American actor
- June 16, 1960 – Peter Sterling, Australian rugby league footballer
- November 20, 1960 – Marc Labrèche, Canadian actor and television host
- November 30, 1960 – Gary Lineker, English footballer
- December 29, 1960 – David Boon, Australian Cricketer