Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters BNETOOIHEG? Check your answers here: Word search BNETOOIHEG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1961 Historical Event(s)
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- April 17, 1961 – Bay of Pigs Invasion: A group of CIA financed and trained Cuban exiles lands at the Bay of Pigs in Cuba with the aim of ousting Fidel Castro.
- April 18, 1961 – CONCP is founded in Casablanca as a united front of African movements opposing Portuguese colonial rule.
- April 25, 1961 – Robert Noyce is granted a patent for an integrated circuit.
- May 24, 1961 – Cyprus joins the Council of Europe.
- August 21, 1961 – Motown releases what would be its first #1 hit, “Please Mr. Postman” by The Marvelettes.
- October 1, 1961 – East and West Cameroon merge to form the Federal Republic of Cameroon.
- October 27, 1961 – NASA launches the first Saturn I rocket in Mission Saturn-Apollo 1.
- December 2, 1961 – In a nationally broadcast speech, Cuban leader Fidel Castro declares that he is a Marxist-Leninist and that Cuba is going to adopt Communism.
- December 15, 1961 – In Jerusalem, Adolph Eichmann is sentenced to death after being found guilty of 15 criminal charges, including charges of crimes against humanity, crimes against the Jewish people and membership of an outlawed organization.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- January 22, 1961 – Quintin Dailey, American basketball player (d. 2010)
- February 28, 1961 – René Simard, Canadian singer and TV host
- March 29, 1961 – Mike Kingery, American baseball player
- April 20, 1961 – Don Mattingly, American baseball player
- April 30, 1961 – Isiah Thomas, American basketball player
- July 3, 1961 – Tim Smith, English musician (Cardiacs)
- August 2, 1961 – Cold 187um, American rapper (Above the Law)
- August 4, 1961 – Lauren Tom, American actress
- September 2, 1961 – Carlos Valderrama, Colombian footballer
- December 8, 1961 – Ann Coulter, American political commentator