Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WNQOUIWMK? Check your answers here: Word finder WNQOUIWMK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1961 Historical Event(s)
- January 3, 1961 – The United States severs diplomatic relations with Cuba.
- February 3, 1961 – A protest by agricultural workers in Baixa de Cassanje, Portuguese Angola, turns into a revolt, opening the Angolan War of Independence, the first of the Portuguese Colonial Wars.
- February 15, 1961 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 9, 1961 – Sputnik 9 successfully launches, carrying a human dummy nicknamed Ivan Ivanovich, and demonstrating that Soviet Union was ready to begin human spaceflight.
- April 11, 1961 – The trial of Adolf Eichmann begins in Jerusalem.
- April 30, 1961 – K-19, the first Soviet nuclear submarine equipped with nuclear missiles, is commissioned.
- June 4, 1961 – In the Vienna summit, Soviet premier Nikita Khrushchev sparks the Berlin Crisis by threatening to sign a separate peace treaty with East Germany and ending American, British and French access to East Berlin.
- June 17, 1961 – The New Democratic Party of Canada is founded by the merger of the Cooperative Commonwealth Federation and the Canadian Labour Congress.
- August 10, 1961 – First use in Vietnam War of the Agent Orange by the U.S. Army.
- December 2, 1961 – In a nationally broadcast speech, Cuban leader Fidel Castro declares that he is a Marxist-Leninist and that Cuba is going to adopt Communism.
Who Were Born On 1961?
- January 19, 1961 – William Ragsdale, American actor
- February 13, 1961 – Kyi Hla Han, Burmese golfer
- June 3, 1961 – Peter Vidmar, American gymnast
- June 22, 1961 – Stephen Batchelor, British field-hockey player
- June 24, 1961 – Iain Glen, Scottish actor
- July 23, 1961 – Woody Harrelson, American actor
- August 4, 1961 – Eddie James, American murderer and sex offender
- September 29, 1961 – Julia Gillard, Australian politician, Prime Minister of Australia
- November 6, 1961 – Craig Goldy, American musician (Dio)
- November 14, 1961 – Antonio Flores, Spanish singer and songwriter (d. 1995)