Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters SLOPPJLEUCDUE? Check your answers here: Word solver SLOPPJLEUCDUE. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1962 Historical Event(s)
- February 5, 1962 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- February 10, 1962 – Captured American U2 spy-plane pilot Gary Powers is exchanged for captured Soviet spy Rudolf Abel.
- March 13, 1962 – Lyman Lemnitzer, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, delivers a proposal, called Operation Northwoods, regarding performing terrorist attacks upon Guantánamo Bay Naval Base, to Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara. The proposal is scrapped and President John F. Kennedy removes Lemnitzer from his position.
- March 19, 1962 – Algerian War of Independence: A ceasefire takes effect.
- April 16, 1962 – Walter Cronkite takes over as the lead news anchor of the CBS Evening News, during which time he would become “the most trusted man in America”.
- May 24, 1962 – Project Mercury: American astronaut Scott Carpenter orbits the Earth three times in the Aurora 7 space capsule.
- August 5, 1962 – Nelson Mandela is jailed. He would not be released until 1990.
- August 6, 1962 – Jamaica becomes independent from the United Kingdom.
- August 27, 1962 – The Mariner 2 unmanned space mission is launched to Venus by NASA.
- October 8, 1962 – Algeria joins the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1962?
- February 4, 1962 – Clint Black, American musician
- March 11, 1962 – Jeffrey Nordling, American actor
- March 27, 1962 – Rob Hollink, Dutch professional poker player
- March 30, 1962 – Bil Dwyer, American actor
- May 9, 1962 – Paul Heaton, English singer/songwriter (Beautiful South)
- June 10, 1962 – Gina Gershon, American actress
- July 12, 1962 – Dan Murphy, American guitarist (Soul Asylum)
- August 14, 1962 – Mark Gubicza, American baseball player
- November 1, 1962 – Anthony Kiedis, American singer (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- December 5, 1962 – José Cura, Argentine tenor