Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1962 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1962 – The Harmelen train disaster killed 93 people in the Netherlands.
- February 5, 1962 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Tiger in Chinese astrology.
- March 18, 1962 – The Evian Accords put an end to the Algerian War of Independence, which began in 1954.
- August 13, 1962 – Representatives from the Russian Orthodox Church and the Holy See meet in Metz, France, and come to an agreement wherein the Russian church would send observers to the Second Vatican Council and in exchange, the Roman Catholic Church would refuse to condemn Communism.
- August 16, 1962 – Eight years after the remaining French India territories were handed to India, the ratifications of the treaty are exchanged to make the transfer official.
- August 30, 1962 – Japan conducts a test of the NAMC YS-11, its first aircraft since World War II and its only successful commercial aircraft from before or after the war.
- September 8, 1962 – Last run of the famous Pines Express over the Somerset and Dorset Railway line (UK) fittingly using the last steam locomotive built by British Railways, 9F locomotive 92220 Evening Star.
- September 30, 1962 – Mexican-American labor leader César Chávez founds the National Farm Workers Association, which later becomes United Farm Workers.
- November 17, 1962 – President John F. Kennedy dedicates Dulles International Airport, serving the Washington, D.C. region.
- December 7, 1962 – Prince Rainier III of Monaco revises the principality’s constitution, devolving some of his power to advisory and legislative councils.
Who Were Born On 1962?
- January 13, 1962 – Kevin Mitchell, American baseball player
- April 2, 1962 – Pierre Carles, French documentarist
- June 19, 1962 – Paula Abdul, American singer and choreographer
- July 31, 1962 – John Laurinaitis, American professional wrestler
- August 6, 1962 – Michelle Yeoh, Malaysian-born Hong Kong actress
- October 9, 1962 – Ōnokuni Yasushi, Japanese sumo wrestler, the 62nd Yokozuna
- October 25, 1962 – Darlene Vogel, American actress
- November 21, 1962 – Steven Curtis Chapman, American musician
- December 25, 1962 – Dean Cameron, American actor