Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IOKODEOG? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters IOKODEOG. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 8, 1963 – The regime of Prime Minister of Iraq, Brigadier General Abdul-Karim Qassem is overthrown by the Ba'ath Party.
- May 15, 1963 – Project Mercury: The launch of the final Mercury mission, Mercury-Atlas 9 with astronaut L. Gordon Cooper on board. He becomes the first American to spend more than a day in space.
- July 26, 1963 – The Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development votes to admit Japan.
- August 8, 1963 – Great Train Robbery: in England, a gang of 15 train robbers steal 2.6 million pounds in bank notes.
- October 7, 1963 – John F. Kennedy signs the ratification of the Partial Test Ban Treaty.
- November 27, 1963 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson makes his first address to Congress as president following the assassination of John F. Kennedy five days prior.
- December 12, 1963 – Kenya gains its independence from the United Kingdom.
- December 19, 1963 – Zanzibar gains independence from the United Kingdom as a constitutional monarchy, under Sultan Jamshid bin Abdullah.
- December 31, 1963 – The Central African Federation officially collapses and splits into Zambia, Malawi and Rhodesia.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 6, 1963 – Tony Halme, Finnish boxer and politician (d. 2010)
- March 1, 1963 – Dan Michaels, American musician and record producer
- June 6, 1963 – Jason Isaacs, English actor
- June 22, 1963 – John Tenta, Canadian professional wrestler (d. 2006)
- August 31, 1963 – Sonny Silooy, Dutch footballer
- October 23, 1963 – Gordon Korman, Canadian-American Author
- November 5, 1963 – Tatum O'Neal, American actress
- November 7, 1963 – John Barnes, English footballer
- November 22, 1963 – Brian Robbins, American actor and director
- December 15, 1963 – David Wingate, American basketball player