Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JVEIUZJLIFBOD? Check your answers here: Word search JVEIUZJLIFBOD. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 16, 1963 – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. pens his Letter from Birmingham Jail while incarcerated in Birmingham, Alabama for protesting against segregation.
- April 26, 1963 – In Libya, amendments to the constitution transform Libya (United Kingdom of Libya) into one national unity (Kingdom of Libya) and allows for female participation in elections.
- May 14, 1963 – Kuwait joins the United Nations.
- July 1, 1963 – ZIP Codes are introduced for United States mail.
- August 24, 1963 – Buddhist crisis: As a result of the Xa Loi Pagoda raids, the US State Department cables the US Embassy in Saigon to encourage Army of the Republic of Vietnam generals to launch a coup against President Ngo Dinh Diem if he did not remove his brother Ngo Dinh Nhu.
- August 28, 1963 – March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom: Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his I Have a Dream speech
- November 7, 1963 – Wunder von Lengede: In Germany, eleven miners are rescued from a collapsed mine after 14 days.
- November 27, 1963 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson makes his first address to Congress as president following the assassination of John F. Kennedy five days prior.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- February 19, 1963 – Seal, English singer
- March 21, 1963 – Shawn Lane, American musician (d. 2003)
- May 10, 1963 – Lisa Nowak, American astronaut
- May 24, 1963 – Rich Rodriguez, American football coach
- June 13, 1963 – Paul De Lisle, American musician (Smash Mouth)
- June 20, 1963 – Don West, American professional wrestling announcer
- June 28, 1963 – Peter Baynham, Welsh comedian and television writer
- July 19, 1963 – Garth Nix, Australian fantasy writer
- September 23, 1963 – Anne-Marie Cadieux, Canadian actress
- November 2, 1963 – Craig Saavedra, American filmmaker