What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Lois’ personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1963 – Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is exhibited in the United States for the first time, at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 5, 1963 – The European Court of Justice’s ruling in Van Gend en Loos v Nederlandse Administratie der Belastingen establishes the principle of direct effect, one of the most important, if not the most important, decisions in the development of European Union law.
- March 27, 1963 – Beeching Axe: Dr. Richard Beeching issues a report calling for huge cuts to the United Kingdom’s rail network.
- May 15, 1963 – Project Mercury: The launch of the final Mercury mission, Mercury-Atlas 9 with astronaut L. Gordon Cooper on board. He becomes the first American to spend more than a day in space.
- June 5, 1963 – Movement of 15 Khordad: Protest against arrest of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini by Shah of Iran, Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. In several cities, masses of angry demonstrators are confronted by tanks and paratroopers.
- June 16, 1963 – Soviet Space Program: Vostok 6 Mission – Cosmonaut Valentina Tereshkova becomes the first woman in space.
- August 21, 1963 – Xa Loi Pagoda raids: the Army of the Republic of Vietnam Special Forces loyal to Ngo Dinh Nhu, brother of President Ngo Dinh Diem, vandalises Buddhist pagodas across the country, arresting thousands and leaving an estimated hundreds dead.
- August 31, 1963 – Sarawak, North Borneo and Singapore achieve technical independence pending accession to the Federation of Malaysia
- November 25, 1963 – President John F. Kennedy is buried at Arlington National Cemetery.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 26, 1963 – José Mourinho, Portuguese football manager
- May 12, 1963 – Deborah Kara Unger, Canadian actress
- July 10, 1963 – Richard Waites, British actor
- July 30, 1963 – Chris Mullin, American basketball player
- October 17, 1963 – Sergio Goycochea, Argentine footballer
- October 20, 1963 – Julie Payette, Canadian astronaut
- October 26, 1963 – Natalie Merchant, American singer
- November 25, 1963 – Bernie Kosar, American football player
- December 24, 1963 – Mary Ramsey, American singer (10,000 Maniacs)
- December 27, 1963 – Gaspar Noé, Argentinian-born director