What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Johnnie’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 23, 1963 – Guinea-Bissau War of Independence officially begins when PAIGC guerrilla fighters attacked the Portuguese army stationed in Tite.
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 26, 1963 – In Libya, amendments to the constitution transform Libya (United Kingdom of Libya) into one national unity (Kingdom of Libya) and allows for female participation in elections.
- July 1, 1963 – The British Government admits that former diplomat Kim Philby had worked as a Soviet agent.
- August 22, 1963 – American Joe Walker in an X-15 test plane reaches an altitude of 106 km.
- August 28, 1963 – March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom: Martin Luther King, Jr. gives his I Have a Dream speech
- September 6, 1963 – The Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) is founded.
- November 7, 1963 – Wunder von Lengede: In Germany, eleven miners are rescued from a collapsed mine after 14 days.
- November 24, 1963 – Lee Harvey Oswald is murdered by Jack Ruby in the basement of Dallas police department headquarters. The shooting happens to be broadcast live on television.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 3, 1963 – Vic Grimes, American professional wrestler
- April 10, 1963 – Doris Leuthard, Swiss politician
- May 8, 1963 – Rick Zombo, American ice hockey player
- August 3, 1963 – Lisa Ann Walter, American actress
- August 19, 1963 – John Stamos, American actor
- September 14, 1963 – Robin Singh, Indian cricketer
- October 17, 1963 – Norm Macdonald, Canadian comedian and actor
- November 15, 1963 – Andrew Castle, English television presenter and former tennis professional
- November 22, 1963 – Kennedy Pola, Samoan-born American pro football coach
- December 10, 1963 – Jahangir Khan, former World No. 1 professional squash player from Pakistan