Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- May 13, 1963 – The U.S. Supreme Court case Brady v. Maryland is decided.
- June 1, 1963 – Kenya gains internal self-rule (Madaraka Day).
- July 1, 1963 – The British Government admits that former diplomat Kim Philby had worked as a Soviet agent.
- August 24, 1963 – Buddhist crisis: As a result of the Xa Loi Pagoda raids, the US State Department cables the US Embassy in Saigon to encourage Army of the Republic of Vietnam generals to launch a coup against President Ngo Dinh Diem if he did not remove his brother Ngo Dinh Nhu.
- September 4, 1963 – Swissair Flight 306 crashes near Dürrenäsch, Switzerland, killing all 80 people on board.
- November 6, 1963 – Vietnam War: Following the November 1 coup and execution of President Ngo Dinh Diem, coup leader General Duong Van Minh takes over leadership of South Vietnam.
- November 23, 1963 – The BBC broadcasts the first ever episode of Doctor Who (starring William Hartnell) which is the world’s longest running science fiction drama.
- November 27, 1963 – U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson makes his first address to Congress as president following the assassination of John F. Kennedy five days prior.
- December 31, 1963 – The Central African Federation officially collapses and splits into Zambia, Malawi and Rhodesia.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- January 24, 1963 – Arnold Vanderlyde, Dutch boxer
- March 11, 1963 – Davis Guggenheim, American director and producer
- May 3, 1963 – Jamie Reeves, British strongman
- June 30, 1963 – Yngwie Malmsteen, Swedish guitarist
- August 31, 1963 – Todd Carty, Irish actor
- September 6, 1963 – Mark Chesnutt, American country music singer
- November 2, 1963 – Ron McGovney, American musician
- December 5, 1963 – Doctor Dre, American radio personality
- December 12, 1963 – Ai Orikasa, Japanese voice actress and singer
- December 27, 1963 – Gaspar Noé, Argentinian-born director