Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters LSWHUAUOVEQL? Check your answers here: Word search LSWHUAUOVEQL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1963 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1963 – Leonardo da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is exhibited in the United States for the first time, at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C.
- January 25, 1963 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- February 5, 1963 – The European Court of Justice’s ruling in Van Gend en Loos v Nederlandse Administratie der Belastingen establishes the principle of direct effect, one of the most important, if not the most important, decisions in the development of European Union law.
- February 19, 1963 – The publication of Betty Friedan’s The Feminine Mystique reawakens the Feminist Movement in the United States as women’s organizations and consciousness raising groups spread.
- April 26, 1963 – In Libya, amendments to the constitution transform Libya (United Kingdom of Libya) into one national unity (Kingdom of Libya) and allows for female participation in elections.
- June 3, 1963 – The Buddhist crisis: Soldiers of the Army of the Republic of Vietnam attack protesting Buddhists in Huế, South Vietnam, with liquid chemicals from tear gas grenades, causing 67 people to be hospitalised for blistering of the skin and respiratory ailments.
- August 18, 1963 – American civil rights movement: James Meredith becomes the first black person to graduate from the University of Mississippi.
- August 21, 1963 – Xa Loi Pagoda raids: the Army of the Republic of Vietnam Special Forces loyal to Ngo Dinh Nhu, brother of President Ngo Dinh Diem, vandalises Buddhist pagodas across the country, arresting thousands and leaving an estimated hundreds dead.
- September 6, 1963 – The Centre for International Industrial Property Studies (CEIPI) is founded.
- December 7, 1963 – Instant replay makes its debut during an Army–Navy game.
Who Were Born On 1963?
- February 22, 1963 – Devon Malcolm, English Cricketer
- May 5, 1963 – Heidi Kozak, American actress
- June 12, 1963 – Tim DeKay, American actor
- July 16, 1963 – Srečko Katanec, Slovenian footballer and coach
- September 8, 1963 – Brad Silberling, American television and film director
- September 27, 1963 – Marc Maron, American comedian
- October 15, 1963 – Stanley Menzo, Dutch footballer and manager
- November 2, 1963 – Bobby Dall, American bass guitarist (Poison)
- November 28, 1963 – Armando Iannucci, Scottish comedian
- December 24, 1963 – Caroline Aherne, British comedienne, writer and actress