Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters QOPHQAHOK? Check your answers here: Words with these letters QOPHQAHOK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1964 Historical Event(s)
- February 13, 1964 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Dragon in Chinese astrology.
- March 14, 1964 – A jury in Dallas, Texas, finds Jack Ruby guilty of killing Lee Harvey Oswald, assumed assassin of John F. Kennedy.
- April 13, 1964 – At the Academy Awards, Sidney Poitier becomes the first African-American male to win the Best Actor award for the 1963 film Lilies of the Field.
- April 26, 1964 – Tanganyika and Zanzibar merge to form Tanzania.
- September 4, 1964 – Scotland’s Forth Road Bridge near Edinburgh officially opens.
- October 1, 1964 – The Free Speech Movement is launched on the campus of University of California, Berkeley.
- October 10, 1964 – The opening ceremony at The 1964 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, Japan, is broadcast live in the first Olympic telecast relayed by geostationary communication satellite.
- October 14, 1964 – Leonid Brezhnev becomes the General Secretary of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union, and thereby, along with his allies - such as Alexei Kosygin - the leader of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR), ousting the former monolithic leader Nikita Khrushchev, and sending him into retirement as a nonperson in the USSR.
- October 22, 1964 – Canada: A Multi-Party Parliamentary Committee selects the design which becomes the new official Flag of Canada.
- December 11, 1964 – Che Guevara speaks at the United Nations General Assembly in New York City.
Who Were Born On 1964?
- March 30, 1964 – Dave Ellett, Canadian hockey player
- May 15, 1964 – Digna Ochoa, Mexican politician
- June 5, 1964 – Rick Riordan, American author
- July 23, 1964 – Ed Forchion, American marijuana activist
- August 4, 1964 – Andrew Bartlett, Australian politician and activist
- October 14, 1964 – Olu Oguibe, American artist
- November 5, 1964 – Helga van Niekerk, South African radio presenter
- November 10, 1964 – Magnús Scheving, Icelandic athlete
- November 11, 1964 – Anabel Alonso, Spanish actress
- December 11, 1964 – David Schools, American musician (Widespread Panic)