Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1965 Historical Event(s)
- February 2, 1965 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Snake in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 1965 – Ranger 8 crashes into the moon after a successful mission of photographing possible landing sites for the Apollo program astronauts.
- February 21, 1965 – Malcolm X is assassinated at the Audubon Ballroom in New York City by members of the Nation of Islam.
- March 24, 1965 – NASA spacecraft Ranger 9, equipped to convert its signals into a form suitable for showing on domestic television, brings images of the Moon into ordinary homes before crash landing.
- April 6, 1965 – The British Government announces the cancellation of the TSR-2 aircraft project.
- May 1, 1965 – Battle of Dong-Yin, a naval conflict between ROC and PRC, takes place.
- May 27, 1965 – Vietnam War: American warships begin the first bombardment of National Liberation Front targets within South Vietnam.
- June 18, 1965 – Vietnam War: The United States uses B-52 bombers to attack National Liberation Front guerrilla fighters in South Vietnam.
- July 26, 1965 – Full independence is granted to the Maldives.
- August 29, 1965 – The Gemini V spacecraft returns to Earth, landing in the Atlantic ocean.
Who Were Born On 1965?
- February 3, 1965 – Karlous Marx Shinohamba, Namibian politician
- February 19, 1965 – Jon Fishman, American musician (Phish)
- February 23, 1965 – Helena Suková, Czech former tennis player
- April 22, 1965 – Lauri Hendler, actress
- June 28, 1965 – Jessica Hecht, American actress
- July 18, 1965 – Vesselina Kasarova, Bulgarian opera singer
- August 11, 1965 – Duane Martin, American actor
- August 29, 1965 – Dina Spybey, American actress
- September 22, 1965 – Robert Satcher, American Astronaut
- October 1, 1965 – Cindy Margolis, American model and spokesmodel