Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1966 Historical Event(s)
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 3, 1966 – The unmanned Soviet Luna 9 spacecraft makes the first controlled rocket-assisted landing on the Moon.
- May 25, 1966 – The first prominent dàzìbào during the Cultural Revolution in China is posted at Peking University.
- May 30, 1966 – Former Congolese Prime Minister Evariste Kimba and several other politicians are publicly executed in Kinshasa on the orders of President Joseph Mobutu.
- July 1, 1966 – The first color television transmission in Canada takes place from Toronto.
- July 24, 1966 – Michael Pelkey makes the first BASE jump from El Capitan along with Brian Schubert. Both came out with broken bones. BASE jumping has now been banned from El Cap.
- August 6, 1966 – Braniff Airlines Flight 250 crashes in Falls City, NE killing all 42 on board.
- September 30, 1966 – The British protectorate of Bechuanaland declares its independence, and becomes the Republic of Botswana. Seretse Khama takes office as the first President.
- October 9, 1966 – Vietnam War: Dien Nien-Phuoc Binh massacre
- October 15, 1966 – Black Panther Party is created by Huey P. Newton and Bobby Seale.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 3, 1966 – Martin Galway, Northern Ireland composer
- January 12, 1966 – Olivier Martinez, French actor
- April 3, 1966 – Mina Tominaga, Japanese seiyu (voice actress)
- April 20, 1966 – David Chalmers, Australian philosopher
- April 24, 1966 – Pierre Brassard, Canadian humorist and actor
- July 5, 1966 – Gianfranco Zola, Italian football player and coach
- September 2, 1966 – Dino Cazares, Mexican-born American guitarist (Fear Factory)
- October 19, 1966 – Sinitta, American singer
- December 4, 1966 – Chris Shepherd, English film director