Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1966 Historical Event(s)
- January 21, 1966 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 10, 1966 – Military Prime Minister of South Vietnam Nguyen Cao Ky sacked rival General Nguyen Chanh Thi, precipitating large-scale civil and military dissension in parts of the nation.
- May 6, 1966 – Myra Hindley and Ian Brady are sentenced to life imprisonment for the Moors Murders in England.
- July 8, 1966 – King Mwambutsa IV Bangiriceng of Burundi is deposed by his son Prince Charles Ndizi.
- August 22, 1966 – Labor movements NFWA and AWOC merge to become the United Farm Workers Organizing Committee (UFWOC), predecessor of the United Farm Workers.
- September 9, 1966 – The National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act is signed into law by U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson.
- October 1, 1966 – West Coast Airlines Flight 956 crashes with eighteen fatalities and no survivors 5.5 miles south of Wemme, Oregon. This accident marks the first loss of a DC-9.
- October 4, 1966 – Basutoland becomes independent from the United Kingdom and is renamed Lesotho.
- October 5, 1966 – Near Detroit, Michigan, there is a partial core meltdown at the Enrico Fermi demonstration nuclear breeder reactor.
- December 27, 1966 – The Cave of Swallows, the largest known cave shaft in the world, is discovered in Aquismón, San Luis Potosí, Mexico.
Who Were Born On 1966?
- January 10, 1966 – Jeremy Sims, Australian actor
- February 28, 1966 – Paulo Futre, Portuguese footballer
- April 8, 1966 – Dalton Grant, British high jumper
- April 11, 1966 – Mason Reese, American actor
- May 17, 1966 – Danny Manning, American basketball player
- July 4, 1966 – Minas Hantzidis, Greek footballer
- July 16, 1966 – Johnny Vaughan, English writer and broadcaster
- September 3, 1966 – Vladimir Ryzhkov, Russian politician
- October 1, 1966 – Cuco Ziganda, Spanish footballer
- December 27, 1966 – Fabian Núñez, American politician