Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters JILUVRAWBECK? Check your answers here: Word search JILUVRAWBECK. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1968 Historical Event(s)
- January 23, 1968 – North Korea seizes the USS Pueblo, claiming the ship had violated their territorial waters while spying.
- January 30, 1968 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- March 16, 1968 – Vietnam War: In the My Lai massacre, between 350 and 500 Vietnamese villagers (men, women, and children) are killed by American troops.
- March 28, 1968 – Brazilian high school student Edson Luís de Lima Souto is shot by the police in a protest for cheaper meals at a restaurant for low-income students. The aftermath of his death is one of the first major events against the military dictatorship.
- May 12, 1968 – Vietnam War: North Vietnamese and Viet Cong forces attack Australian troops defending Fire Support Base Coral, east of Lai Khe in South Vietnam on the night of 12/13 May, resulting in heavy casualties on both sides and beginning the Battle of Coral-Balmoral.
- September 30, 1968 – The Boeing 747 is rolled out and shown to the public for the first time at the Boeing Everett Factory.
- October 14, 1968 – Jim Hines of the United States of America becomes the first man ever to break the so-called “ten-second barrier” in the 100-meter sprint in the Summer Olympic Games held in Mexico City with a time of 9.95 seconds.
- November 17, 1968 – Alexandros Panagoulis is condemned to death for attempting to assassinate Greek dictator George Papadopoulos.
- December 25, 1968 – 42 Dalits are burned alive in Kilavenmani village, Tamil Nadu, India, a retaliation for a campaign for higher wages by Dalit labourers.
- December 27, 1968 – Apollo Program: Apollo 8 splashes down in the Pacific Ocean, ending the first orbital manned mission to the Moon.
Who Were Born On 1968?
- January 1, 1968 – Felix Chong, Hong Kong screenwriter
- March 1, 1968 – Salil Ankola, Indian cricketer and TV actor
- April 11, 1968 – Sergey Lukyanenko, Russian author
- May 23, 1968 – Guinevere Turner, American actress
- May 27, 1968 – Jeff Bagwell, American baseball player
- June 10, 1968 – Jimmy Shea, American skeleton racer
- June 11, 1968 – Alois, Hereditary Prince of Liechtenstein
- June 13, 1968 – Spike Breakwell, British comedian
- July 7, 1968 – Amy Carlson, American actress
- December 18, 1968 – Casper Van Dien, American actor