Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters ZXCIJNUMA? Check your answers here: Word finder ZXCIJNUMA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1968 Historical Event(s)
- January 21, 1968 – A B-52 bomber crashes near Thule Air Base, contaminating the area after its nuclear payload ruptures. One of the four bombs remains unaccounted for after the cleanup operation is complete.
- January 30, 1968 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1968 – Nauru gains independence from Australia.
- February 8, 1968 – American civil rights movement: The Orangeburg massacre: An attack on black students from South Carolina State University who are protesting racial segregation at the town’s only bowling alley, leaves three or four dead in Orangeburg, South Carolina.
- April 4, 1968 – AEK Athens BC becomes the first Greek team to win the European Basketball Cup.
- July 1, 1968 – Formal separation of the United Auto Workers from the AFL-CIO.
- September 30, 1968 – The Boeing 747 is rolled out and shown to the public for the first time at the Boeing Everett Factory.
- October 14, 1968 – The first live telecast from a manned spacecraft, the Apollo 7, launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration of the U.S.A.
- October 18, 1968 – The U.S. Olympic Committee suspends Tommie Smith and John Carlos for giving a “black power” salute during a victory ceremony at the Mexico City games.
Who Were Born On 1968?
- January 9, 1968 – Jimmy Adams, West Indian cricketer
- February 10, 1968 – Atika Suri, Indonesian television newscaster
- June 13, 1968 – Fabio Baldato, Italian cyclist
- June 26, 1968 – Paolo Maldini, Italian footballer
- July 8, 1968 – Michael Weatherly, American actor
- July 30, 1968 – Sean Moore, Welsh drummer (Manic Street Preachers)
- September 12, 1968 – Ler LaLonde, American guitarist (Primus)
- October 21, 1968 – Alexandros Alexandris, Greek footballer
- November 20, 1968 – Chew Chor Meng, Singaporean actor
- December 5, 1968 – Lydia Millet, American writer