What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Wanda’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1968 Historical Event(s)
- January 30, 1968 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1968 – Viet Cong attack the United States embassy in Saigon, and other attacks, in the early morning hours, later grouped together as the Tet Offensive.
- February 17, 1968 – In Springfield, Massachusetts, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame opens.
- April 4, 1968 – AEK Athens BC becomes the first Greek team to win the European Basketball Cup.
- April 9, 1968 – Funeral of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- April 24, 1968 – Mauritius becomes a member state of the United Nations.
- May 11, 1968 – The Toronto Transit Commission opens the largest expansion of its Bloor–Danforth line, going to Scarborough in the East, and Etobicoke in the West.
- October 14, 1968 – Vietnam War: The United States Department of Defense announces that the U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps will send about 24,000 soldiers and Marines back to Vietnam for involuntary second tours of duty in the combat zone there.
- October 20, 1968 – Former First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy marries Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis.
- November 17, 1968 – British European Airways introduces the BAC One-Eleven into commercial service.
Who Were Born On 1968?
- January 12, 1968 – Junichi Masuda, Japanese composer
- March 21, 1968 – DJ Premier, American record producer
- March 26, 1968 – Kenny Chesney, American singer
- March 30, 1968 – Donna D'Errico, American actress and model
- April 28, 1968 – Howard Donald, English musician
- June 21, 1968 – Sonique, British DJ
- July 24, 1968 – Malcolm Ingram, Canadian director
- October 4, 1968 – Tim Wise, American writer and activist
- October 21, 1968 – Kerstin Andreae, German politician
- November 25, 1968 – Jacqueline Hennessy, Canadian actress and talk show host