Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1969 Historical Event(s)
- January 16, 1969 – Soviet spacecraft Soyuz 4 and Soyuz 5 perform the first-ever docking of manned spacecraft in orbit, the first-ever transfer of crew from one space vehicle to another, and the only time such a transfer was accomplished with a space walk.
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 1969 – Apollo program: NASA launches Apollo 9 to test the lunar module.
- April 9, 1969 – The first British-built Concorde 002 makes its maiden flight from Filton to RAF Fairford.
- May 17, 1969 – Venera program: Soviet Venera 6 begins its descent into the atmosphere of Venus, sending back atmospheric data before being crushed by pressure.
- June 22, 1969 – The Cuyahoga River catches fire, triggering a crack-down on pollution in the river.
- July 4, 1969 – Two teens (one male, one female) are attacked at Blue Rock Springs in California. They are the second (known) victims of the Zodiac Killer. The male survives.
- September 1, 1969 – Tran Thien Khiem became Prime Minister of South Vietnam under President Nguyen Van Thieu.
- October 5, 1969 – The first episode of Monty Python’s Flying Circus airs on BBC.
- December 17, 1969 – Project Blue Book: The United States Air Force closes its study of UFOs, stating that sightings are generated as a result of “A mild form of mass hysteria, Individuals who fabricate such reports to perpetrate a hoax or seek publicity, psychopathological persons, and misidentification of various conventional objects.”
Who Were Born On 1969?
- January 16, 1969 – Per Yngve “Dead” Ohlin, Swedish black metal vocalist (Mayhem) (d. 1991)
- January 21, 1969 – Tsubaki Nekoi, Japanese manga artist
- January 22, 1969 – John Linton Roberson, American cartoonist
- March 7, 1969 – Warrel Dane, American singer (Nevermore)
- June 11, 1969 – Matt McGrath, American actor
- August 20, 1969 – Billy Gardell, American actor and comedian
- September 24, 1969 – Lisa Matthews, American model
- October 17, 1969 – Wyclef Jean, Haitian singer
- November 20, 1969 – Callie Thorne, American actor
- November 21, 1969 – Ken Griffey, Jr., American baseball player