Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1969 Historical Event(s)
- January 5, 1969 – Members of the Royal Ulster Constabulary damage property and assault occupants in the Bogside in Derry, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. In response, residents erect barricades and establish Free Derry.
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- April 3, 1969 – Vietnam War: United States Secretary of Defense Melvin Laird announces that the United States will start to “Vietnamize” the war effort.
- May 16, 1969 – Venera program: Venera 5, a Soviet spaceprobe, lands on Venus.
- July 3, 1969 – The biggest explosion in the history of rocketry occurs when the Soviet N-1 rocket explodes and subsequently destroys its launchpad.
- July 4, 1969 – Two teens (one male, one female) are attacked at Blue Rock Springs in California. They are the second (known) victims of the Zodiac Killer. The male survives.
- August 21, 1969 – An Australian, Michael Dennis Rohan, sets the Al-Aqsa Mosque on fire, a major catalyst of the formation of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation.
- November 15, 1969 – In Columbus, Ohio, Dave Thomas opens the first Wendy’s restaurant.
- November 21, 1969 – The first permanent ARPANET link is established between UCLA and SRI.
- December 17, 1969 – Project Blue Book: The United States Air Force closes its study of UFOs, stating that sightings are generated as a result of “A mild form of mass hysteria, Individuals who fabricate such reports to perpetrate a hoax or seek publicity, psychopathological persons, and misidentification of various conventional objects.”
Who Were Born On 1969?
- January 14, 1969 – Jason Bateman, American actor
- February 4, 1969 – Dallas Drake, ice hockey player
- March 4, 1969 – Patrick Roach, Canadian actor
- March 15, 1969 – Timo Kotipelto, Finnish musician
- March 21, 1969 – Ali Daei, Iranian footballer
- April 25, 1969 – Gina Torres, American actress
- June 29, 1969 – Claude Béchard, Canadian politician
- September 24, 1969 – Megan Ward, American actress
- October 30, 1969 – Masanori Hikichi, Japanese composer
- November 19, 1969 – Erika Alexander, American actress