Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1969 Historical Event(s)
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1969 – In Toulouse, France, the first test flight of the Anglo-French Concorde is conducted.
- May 20, 1969 – The Battle of Hamburger Hill in Vietnam ends.
- May 21, 1969 – Civil unrest in Rosario, Argentina, known as Rosariazo, following the death of a 15-year-old student.
- May 22, 1969 – Apollo 10's lunar module flies within 8.4 nautical miles (16 km) of the moon’s surface.
- July 20, 1969 – A cease fire is announced between Honduras and El Salvador, 6 days after the beginning of the “Football War”.
- August 4, 1969 – Vietnam War: at the apartment of French intermediary Jean Sainteny in Paris, American representative Henry Kissinger and North Vietnamese representative Xuan Thuy begin secret peace negotiations. The negotiations will eventually fail.
- October 29, 1969 – The first-ever computer-to-computer link is established on ARPANET, the precursor to the Internet.
- November 21, 1969 – U.S. President Richard Nixon and Japanese Premier Eisaku Sato agree in Washington, D.C. on the return of Okinawa to Japanese control in 1972. Under the terms of the agreement, the U.S. is to retain its rights to bases on the island, but these are to be nuclear-free.
- December 1, 1969 – The first legislation to limit aircraft noise levels at airports is introduced in U.S. Federal Air Regulation, Part 36.
Who Were Born On 1969?
- February 28, 1969 – Butch Leitzinger, American race car driver
- April 6, 1969 – Ari Meyers, Puerto Rican/American actress
- May 2, 1969 – Brian Lara, Trinidadian West Indies cricketer
- July 20, 1969 – Josh Holloway, American actor
- August 13, 1969 – Midori Ito, Japanese figure skater
- August 25, 1969 – John Witt, author, sportswriter, actor and Ballhawk
- November 4, 1969 – Matthew McConaughey, American actor
- November 17, 1969 – Jean-Michel Saive, Belgian table tennis player
- December 14, 1969 – Scott Hatteberg, American baseball player