Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters EHNOTONKOEJL? Check your answers here: Words with these letters EHNOTONKOEJL. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1969 Historical Event(s)
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 17, 1969 – Golda Meir becomes the first female Prime Minister of Israel.
- April 4, 1969 – Dr. Denton Cooley implants the first temporary artificial heart.
- April 15, 1969 – The EC-121 shootdown incident: North Korea shoots down a United States Navy aircraft over the Sea of Japan, killing all 31 on board.
- May 9, 1969 – Carlos Lamarca leads the first urban guerrilla action against the military dictatorship of Brazil in São Paulo, by robbing two banks.
- May 26, 1969 – Apollo program: Apollo 10 returns to Earth after a successful eight-day test of all the components needed for the forthcoming first manned moon landing.
- August 13, 1969 – The Apollo 11 astronauts are released from a three-week quarantine to enjoy a ticker-tape parade in New York. That evening, at a state dinner in Los Angeles, they are awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom by U.S. President Richard Nixon.
- October 1, 1969 – Concorde breaks the sound barrier for the first time.
- November 24, 1969 – Apollo program: The Apollo 12 command module splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean, ending the second manned mission to the Moon.
- December 17, 1969 – Project Blue Book: The United States Air Force closes its study of UFOs, stating that sightings are generated as a result of “A mild form of mass hysteria, Individuals who fabricate such reports to perpetrate a hoax or seek publicity, psychopathological persons, and misidentification of various conventional objects.”
Who Were Born On 1969?
- January 18, 1969 – Dave Bautista, American professional wrestler
- January 21, 1969 – Tsubaki Nekoi, Japanese manga artist
- February 15, 1969 – Josh Marshall, American journalist
- June 26, 1969 – Mike Myers, American baseball player
- July 31, 1969 – Loren Dean, American actor
- August 31, 1969 – Andrew Cunanan, American spree killer (d. 1997)
- October 9, 1969 – P.J. Harvey, English musician
- October 10, 1969 – Dilsa Demirbag Sten, Swedish author and journalist
- October 28, 1969 – Ben Harper, American musician
- November 17, 1969 – Ryotaro Okiayu, Japanese voice actor