Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1969 Historical Event(s)
- January 20, 1969 – East Pakistani police kill student activist Amanullah Asaduzzaman. The resulting outrage is in part responsible for the Bangladesh Liberation War.
- February 17, 1969 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 19, 1969 – The 385 m tall TV-mast at Emley Moor, United Kingdom, collapses due to ice build-up.
- April 22, 1969 – British yachtsman Sir Robin Knox-Johnston completes the first solo non-stop circumnavigation of the world.
- July 16, 1969 – Apollo program: Apollo 11, the first manned space mission to land on the Moon, is launched from the Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- July 24, 1969 – Apollo program: Apollo 11 splashes down safely in the Pacific Ocean.
- August 10, 1969 – A day after murdering Sharon Tate and four others, members of Charles Manson’s cult kill Leno and Rosemary LaBianca.
- August 12, 1969 – Violence erupts after the Apprentice Boys of Derry march in Derry, Northern Ireland, resulting in a three-day communal riot known as the Battle of the Bogside.
- August 15, 1969 – The Woodstock Music and Art Festival opens.
- November 12, 1969 – Vietnam War: My Lai Massacre – Independent investigative journalist Seymour Hersh breaks the My Lai story.
Who Were Born On 1969?
- March 4, 1969 – Frank Nicotero, American comedian
- June 7, 1969 – Prince Joachim of Denmark
- July 12, 1969 – Jesse Pintado, American guitarist (Napalm Death) (d. 2006)
- July 31, 1969 – Kenneth D. Schisler, American politician
- August 8, 1969 – Yvie Burnett, British television vocal coach
- August 31, 1969 – Nathalie Bouvier, French alpine skier
- September 30, 1969 – Mark Smith, English body builder
- October 10, 1969 – Dilsa Demirbag Sten, Swedish author and journalist
- November 4, 1969 – Matthew McConaughey, American actor
- December 11, 1969 – Viswanathan Anand, Indian chess grandmaster, current World Chess Champion