What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Nadine’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1971 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 25, 1971 – Bangladesh Liberation War: Beginning of Operation Searchlight by the Pakistani Armed Forces against East Pakistani civilians.
- March 29, 1971 – A Los Angeles, California jury recommends the death penalty for Charles Manson and three female followers.
- May 27, 1971 – The Dahlerau train disaster, the worst railway accident in West Germany, kills 46 people and injures 25 near Wuppertal.
- May 31, 1971 – In accordance with the Uniform Monday Holiday Act passed by the U.S. Congress in 1968, observation of Memorial Day occurs on the last Monday in May for the first time, rather than on the traditional Memorial Day of May 30.
- August 5, 1971 – The first Pacific Islands Forum (then known as the “South Pacific Forum”) is held in Wellington, New Zealand, with the aim of enhancing cooperation between the independent countries of the Pacific Ocean.
- October 1, 1971 – The first brain-scan using x-ray computed tomography (CT or CAT scan) is performed at Atkinson Morley Hospital in Wimbledon, London.
- October 28, 1971 – Britain launches the satellite Prospero into low Earth orbit atop a Black Arrow carrier rocket, the only British satellite to date launched by a British rocket.
- November 28, 1971 – Fred Quilt, a leader of the Tsilhqot'in First Nation is severely beaten by Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers; he dies two days later.
- December 9, 1971 – Indo-Pakistani War: The Indian Air Force executes an airdrop of Indian Army units, bypassing Pakistani defences.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- January 9, 1971 – Scott Thornton, Canadian ice hockey player
- March 25, 1971 – Sheryl Swoopes, American basketball player
- April 21, 1971 – Alexander Kravchenko, Russian poker player
- May 9, 1971 – Paul McGuigan, English bassist (Oasis)
- May 27, 1971 – Lisa Lopes, American singer (TLC) (d. 2002)
- July 23, 1971 – Christopher Lee, Singaporean actor and model
- August 10, 1971 – Roy Keane, Irish footballer
- August 18, 1971 – Tom Middleton, British musician
- August 21, 1971 – Liam Howlett, British musician (The Prodigy)
- November 5, 1971 – Jonny Greenwood, guitarist (Radiohead)