What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Earnest’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1971 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1971 – Bowing to international pressure, President of Pakistan Zulfikar Ali Bhutto releases Bengali leader Sheikh Mujibur Rahman from prison, who had been arrested after declaring the independence of Bangladesh.
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- February 13, 1971 – Vietnam War: Backed by American air and artillery support, South Vietnamese troops invade Laos.
- March 18, 1971 – In Peru a landslide crashes into Lake Yanahuani, killing 200 at the mining camp of Chungar.
- June 7, 1971 – The United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment.
- July 11, 1971 – Copper mines in Chile are nationalized.
- October 28, 1971 – Britain launches the satellite Prospero into low Earth orbit atop a Black Arrow carrier rocket, the only British satellite to date launched by a British rocket.
- November 6, 1971 – The United States Atomic Energy Commission tests the largest U.S. underground hydrogen bomb, code-named Cannikin, on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians.
- December 2, 1971 – Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, and Umm Al Quwain form the United Arab Emirates.
- December 7, 1971 – Pakistan President Yahya Khan announces the formation of a Coalition Government at Centre with Nurul Amin as Prime Minister and Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto as Vice-Prime Minister.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- January 1, 1971 – Scott Riggs, American racing driver
- April 1, 1971 – Lachy Hulme, Australian actor and screenwriter
- April 10, 1971 – Brad William Henke, American actor
- May 5, 1971 – Mike Redmond, American baseball player
- May 28, 1971 – Isabelle Carré, French actress
- July 14, 1971 – Marie-Chantal Toupin, Canadian singer
- July 21, 1971 – Nuno Markl, Portuguese comedian and radio host
- July 30, 1971 – Sagi Kalev, Israeli-born American bodybuilder
- August 7, 1971 – Sydney Penny, American actress
- November 11, 1971 – Paul Chaloner, English TV e-sports commentator