Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
1971 Historical Event(s)
- January 5, 1971 – The first One Day International cricket match is held between Australia and England at the Melbourne Cricket Ground.
- January 12, 1971 – The Harrisburg Seven: The Reverend Philip Berrigan and five others are indicted on charges of conspiring to kidnap Henry Kissinger and of plotting to blow up the heating tunnels of federal buildings in Washington, D.C.
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1971 – A bomb explodes in a men’s room in the United States Capitol: the Weather Underground claims responsibility.
- May 30, 1971 – Mariner program: Mariner 9 is launched to map 70% of the surface, and to study temporal changes in the atmosphere and surface, of Mars.
- June 7, 1971 – The United States Supreme Court overturns the conviction of Paul Cohen for disturbing the peace, setting the precedent that vulgar writing is protected under the First Amendment.
- June 17, 1971 – President Richard Nixon declares the U.S. War on Drugs.
- July 31, 1971 – Apollo program: Apollo 15 astronauts become the first to ride in a lunar rover.
- November 6, 1971 – The United States Atomic Energy Commission tests the largest U.S. underground hydrogen bomb, code-named Cannikin, on Amchitka Island in the Aleutians.
- December 2, 1971 – Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Fujairah, Sharjah, Dubai, and Umm Al Quwain form the United Arab Emirates.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- February 25, 1971 – Daniel Powter, Canadian musician
- March 2, 1971 – Dave Gorman, English documentary comedian
- March 4, 1971 – Nick Stabile, American actor
- March 9, 1971 – Emmanuel Lewis, American actor
- March 31, 1971 – Ewan McGregor, Scottish actor
- April 9, 1971 – Leo Fortune-West, English footballer
- May 14, 1971 – Nasha Aziz, Malaysian actress and model
- May 26, 1971 – Timothy Allen, British photojournalist
- September 4, 1971 – Ione Skye, English actress