Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1971 Historical Event(s)
- January 27, 1971 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Pig in Chinese astrology.
- January 31, 1971 – The Winter Soldier Investigation, organized by the Vietnam Veterans Against the War to publicize war crimes and atrocities by Americans and allies in Vietnam, begin in Detroit, Michigan.
- February 5, 1971 – Astronauts land on the moon in the Apollo 14 mission.
- June 17, 1971 – President Richard Nixon declares the U.S. War on Drugs.
- September 13, 1971 – People’s Republic of China: Chairman Mao Zedong’s second in command and successor Marshal Lin Biao flees the country via plane after the failure of alleged coup against Mao. The plane crashes in Mongolia, killing all aboard.
- October 25, 1971 – The United Nations seated the People’s Republic of China and expelled the Republic of China (see political status of Taiwan and China and the United Nations)
- November 10, 1971 – In Cambodia, Khmer Rouge forces attack the city of Phnom Penh and its airport, killing 44, wounding at least 30 and damaging nine aircraft.
- November 28, 1971 – Wasfi al-Tal, Prime Minister of Jordan, is assassinated by the Black September unit of the Palestine Liberation Organization.
- December 4, 1971 – McGurk’s Bar bombing: An Ulster Volunteer Force bomb kills 15 civilians and wounds 17 in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
- December 18, 1971 – Capitol Reef National Park is established in Utah.
Who Were Born On 1971?
- April 4, 1971 – Josh Todd, American singer (Buckcherry)
- April 14, 1971 – Gregg Zaun, American baseball player
- May 10, 1971 – Craig Mack, American rapper
- May 28, 1971 – Marco Rubio, American politician, senator from Florida
- July 18, 1971 – Penny Hardaway, American basketball player
- July 21, 1971 – Emmanuel Bangué, French long jumper
- October 1, 1971 – Song Il Gook, Korean actor
- October 10, 1971 – Ian Bennett, English footballer
- October 11, 1971 – Jason Ellis, Australian professional skateboarder
- November 24, 1971 – Keith Primeau, Canadian ice hockey player