Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FUGPJYWAOBSOO? Check your answers here: Word scramble FUGPJYWAOBSOO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1972 Historical Event(s)
- January 14, 1972 – Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ascends the throne, the first Queen of Denmark since 1412 and the first Danish monarch not named Frederick or Christian since 1513.
- February 1, 1972 – Kuala Lumpur becomes a city by a royal charter granted by the Yang di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia.
- February 15, 1972 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 24, 1972 – The United Kingdom imposes direct rule over Northern Ireland.
- May 6, 1972 – Deniz Gezmiş, Yusuf Aslan and Hüseyin İnan are executed in Ankara for attempting to overthrow the Constitutional order.
- July 24, 1972 – Bugojno group is caught by Yugoslav security forces.
- August 11, 1972 – Vietnam War: the last United States ground combat unit leaves South Vietnam.
- November 11, 1972 – Vietnam War: Vietnamization – The United States Army turns over the massive Long Binh military base to South Vietnam.
- December 13, 1972 – Apollo program: Eugene Cernan and Harrison Schmitt begin the third and final Extra-vehicular activity (EVA) or “Moonwalk” of Apollo 17. To date they are the last humans to set foot on the Moon.
- December 28, 1972 – Kim Il-sung, already Prime Minister of North Korea and General Secretary of the Workers’ Party of Korea, became the first President of North Korea.
Who Were Born On 1972?
- January 14, 1972 – Kyle Brady, American football player
- June 8, 1972 – Christian Mayrleb, Austrian footballer
- August 16, 1972 – George Stroumboulopoulos, Canadian television and radio personality
- September 26, 1972 – Melanie Paxson, American actress
- September 27, 1972 – Craig L. Rice, American politician
- October 15, 1972 – Matt Keeslar, American actor
- December 5, 1972 – Angela Shelton, American actress & writer
- December 9, 1972 – Fabrice Santoro, Tahitian-born French tennis player
- December 10, 1972 – Brian Molko, Belgian-born singer and songwriter (Placebo)
- December 30, 1972 – Kerry Collins, American football player