What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Hope’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1972 Historical Event(s)
- January 13, 1972 – Prime Minister Kofi Busia and President Edward Akufo-Addo of Ghana are ousted in a bloodless military coup by Colonel Ignatius Kutu Acheamphong.
- January 14, 1972 – Queen Margrethe II of Denmark ascends the throne, the first Queen of Denmark since 1412 and the first Danish monarch not named Frederick or Christian since 1513.
- January 30, 1972 – Pakistan withdraws from the Commonwealth of Nations.
- February 15, 1972 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Rat in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 1972 – The Thai province of Yasothon is created after being split off from the Ubon Ratchathani province.
- May 5, 1972 – Alitalia Flight 112 crashes into Mount Longa near Palermo, Sicily, killing all 115 aboard, making it the deadliest single-aircraft disaster in Italy.
- June 20, 1972 – Watergate scandal: An 18½-minute gap appears in the tape recording of the conversations between U.S. President Richard Nixon and his advisers regarding the recent arrests of his operatives while breaking into the Watergate complex.
- July 19, 1972 – Dhofar Rebellion: British SAS units help the Omani government against Popular Front for the Liberation of Oman rebels in the Battle of Mirbat.
- August 22, 1972 – Rhodesia is expelled by the IOC for its racist policies.
- September 4, 1972 – Mark Spitz becomes the first competitor to win seven medals at a single Olympic Games.
Who Were Born On 1972?
- February 4, 1972 – Giovanni Silva De Oliveira, Brazilian footballer
- May 2, 1972 – Dwayne Johnson, American professional wrestler and actor
- June 19, 1972 – Brian McBride, American soccer player
- June 30, 1972 – James Martin, English celebrity chef
- July 24, 1972 – Kaiō Hiroyuki, Japanese sumo wrestler
- September 8, 1972 – Os du Randt, South African rugby player
- September 10, 1972 – Katarína Hasprová, Slovak singer
- September 16, 1972 – Mark Bruener, American football player
- October 20, 1972 – Will Greenwood, England rugby union player
- November 8, 1972 – Gretchen Mol, American actress