Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1975 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1975 – Ella T. Grasso becomes Governor of Connecticut, the first woman to serve as a Governor in the United States other than by succeeding her husband.
- February 11, 1975 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rabbit in Chinese astrology.
- April 9, 1975 – The first game of the Philippine Basketball Association, the second oldest professional basketball league in the world.
- June 25, 1975 – The State of Emergency is declared in India.
- September 8, 1975 – Gays in the military: US Air Force Tech Sergeant Leonard Matlovich, a decorated veteran of the Vietnam War, appears in his Air Force uniform on the cover of Time magazine with the headline “I Am A Homosexual”. He is given a general discharge, which was later upgraded to honorable.
- October 1, 1975 – The Seychelles gain internal self-government. The Ellice Islands split from Gilbert Islands and take the name Tuvalu.
- October 11, 1975 – The NBC sketch comedy/variety show Saturday Night Live debuts with George Carlin as the host and Andy Kaufman, Janis Ian and Billy Preston as guests.
- October 30, 1975 – Prince Juan Carlos becomes Spain’s acting head of state, taking over for the country’s ailing dictator, Gen. Francisco Franco.
- November 10, 1975 – United Nations Resolution 3379: United Nations General Assembly approves a resolution equating Zionism with racism (the resolution is repealed in December 1991 by Resolution 4686).
- December 2, 1975 – Pathet Lao seizes power in Laos, and establishes the Lao People’s Democratic Republic.
Who Were Born On 1975?
- February 23, 1975 – Robert Lopez, American composer
- March 8, 1975 – Mauro Briano, Italian footballer
- March 22, 1975 – Anne Dudek, American actress
- May 12, 1975 – Jonah Lomu, New Zealand rugby union footballer
- May 20, 1975 – Mark Zupan, American wheelchair rugby player and actor
- June 24, 1975 – Carla Gallo, American actress
- July 22, 1975 – Sam Jacobson, American basketball player
- July 30, 1975 – Cherie Priest, American writer
- August 7, 1975 – Hans Matheson, Scottish Actor
- December 16, 1975 – Nawo Kawakita, Japanese drummer (Maximum the Hormone)