Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters NCABJYIU? Check your answers here: Word solver NCABJYIU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1978 Historical Event(s)
- January 18, 1978 – The European Court of Human Rights finds the United Kingdom government guilty of mistreating prisoners in Northern Ireland, but not guilty of torture.
- February 1, 1978 – Director Roman Polanski skips bail and flees the United States to France after pleading guilty to charges of engaging in sex with a 13-year-old girl.
- February 7, 1978 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Horse in Chinese astrology.
- February 16, 1978 – The first computer bulletin board system is created (CBBS in Chicago, Illinois).
- March 5, 1978 – The Landsat 3 is launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base in California.
- March 11, 1978 – Coastal Road massacre: At least 37 are killed and more than 70 are wounded when Al Fatah hijack an Israeli bus, prompting Israel’s Operation Litani.
- March 16, 1978 – Supertanker Amoco Cadiz split in two after running aground on the Portsall Rocks, three miles off the coast of Brittany, resulting in the 5th-largest oil spill in history.
- April 7, 1978 – Development of the neutron bomb is canceled by President Jimmy Carter.
- June 9, 1978 – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints opens its priesthood to “all worthy men”, ending a 148-year-old policy excluding black men.
- June 26, 1978 – Air Canada Flight 189 to Toronto overruns the runway and crashes into the Etobicoke Creek ravine. Two of 107 passengers on board perish.
Who Were Born On 1978?
- April 8, 1978 – Bernt Haas, Swiss footballer
- May 5, 1978 – Santiago Cabrera, Chilean actor
- June 21, 1978 – Cristiano Lupatelli, Italian footballer
- July 9, 1978 – Nuno Santos, Portuguese footballer
- July 18, 1978 – Ben Sheets, American baseball player
- July 25, 1978 – Louise Brown, World’s first test tube baby
- August 3, 1978 – Dimitrios Zografakis, Greek footballer
- September 27, 1978 – Ani Lorak, Ukrainian singer and actress
- November 12, 1978 – Alexandra Maria Lara, Romanian-born German actress
- December 6, 1978 – K. D. Aubert, American actress