What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Danny’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1981 Historical Event(s)
- January 20, 1981 – Twenty minutes after Ronald Reagan is inaugurated, at age 69 the oldest man ever to be inaugurated as U.S. President, Iran releases 52 American hostages.
- February 5, 1981 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- April 18, 1981 – The longest professional baseball game is begun in Pawtucket, Rhode Island. The game is suspended at 4:00 the next morning and finally completed on June 23.
- May 12, 1981 – Francis Hughes starves to death in the Maze Prison in a Republican campaign for political prisoner status to be granted to Provisional IRA prisoners.
- May 25, 1981 – In Riyadh, the Gulf Cooperation Council is created between Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
- June 13, 1981 – At the Trooping the Colour ceremony in London, a teenager, Marcus Sarjeant, fires six blank shots at Queen Elizabeth II.
- August 3, 1981 – Senegalese opposition parties, under the leadership of Mamadou Dia, launch the Antiimperialist Action Front-Suxxali Reew Mi.
- September 15, 1981 – The Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approves Sandra Day O'Connor to become the first female justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
- September 25, 1981 – Sandra Day O'Connor becomes the 102nd person sworn in as an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States and the first woman to hold the office.
- December 4, 1981 – South Africa grants independence to the Ciskei “homeland” (not recognized by any government outside South Africa).
Who Were Born On 1981?
- March 3, 1981 – Lil' Flip, American rapper
- May 8, 1981 – Björn Dixgård, Swedish guitarist, singer, songwriter
- May 15, 1981 – Justin Morneau, Canadian baseball player
- May 30, 1981 – Gianmaria Bruni, Italian racing driver
- August 30, 1981 – Germán Legarreta, American actor
- September 8, 1981 – Morten Gamst Pedersen, Norwegian footballer
- October 16, 1981 – Ali B, Dutch rapper
- November 6, 1981 – Lee Dong Wook, South Korean actor
- December 16, 1981 – Gareth Williams, Scottish footballer
- December 30, 1981 – Matt Ulrich, American football player