Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters KZSWIHOZO? Check your answers here: Word scramble KZSWIHOZO. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1981 Historical Event(s)
- January 19, 1981 – Iran Hostage Crisis: United States and Iranian officials sign an agreement to release 52 American hostages after 14 months of captivity.
- February 5, 1981 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 27, 1981 – The Solidarity movement in Poland stages a warning strike, in which at least 12 million Poles walk off their jobs for four hours.
- May 21, 1981 – The Italian government releases the membership list of Propaganda Due, an illegal pseudo-Masonic lodge that was implicated in numerous Italian crimes and mysteries.
- May 26, 1981 – Prime Minister of Italy Arnaldo Forlani and his coalition cabinet resign following a scandal over membership of the pseudo-masonic lodge P2 (Propaganda Due).
- June 5, 1981 – The Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention report that five people in Los Angeles, California have a rare form of pneumonia seen only in patients with weakened immune systems, in what turns out to be the first recognized cases of AIDS.
- June 11, 1981 – A Richter Scale 6.9 magnitude earthquake at Golbaf, Iran, kills at least 2,000.
- September 15, 1981 – The Senate Judiciary Committee unanimously approves Sandra Day O'Connor to become the first female justice of the Supreme Court of the United States
- October 22, 1981 – The United States Federal Labor Relations Authority votes to decertify the Professional Air Traffic Controllers Organization for its strike the previous August.
- November 11, 1981 – Antigua and Barbuda joins the United Nations.
Who Were Born On 1981?
- February 4, 1981 – Johan Van Summeren, Belgian cyclist
- March 5, 1981 – Paul Martin, American ice hockey player
- March 8, 1981 – Joost Posthuma, Dutch professional cyclist
- March 18, 1981 – Tora Berger, Norwegian biathlete
- March 23, 1981 – Tony Peña, Jr., Dominican baseball player
- March 30, 1981 – Andrea Masi, Italian rugby player
- June 15, 1981 – Jeremy Reed, American baseball player
- October 10, 1981 – Francisco Javier Rodríguez, Mexican footballer
- October 29, 1981 – Reema Sen, Indian actress
- November 6, 1981 – Cassie Bernall, American murder victim (d. 1999)