Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IETQKA? Check your answers here: Word scramble IETQKA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1982 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 1982 – The break up of AT&T: AT&T agrees to divest itself of twenty-two subdivisions.
- January 25, 1982 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- January 30, 1982 – Richard Skrenta writes the first PC virus code, which is 400 lines long and disguised as an Apple boot program called “Elk Cloner”.
- May 2, 1982 – Falklands War: The British nuclear submarine HMS Conqueror sinks the Argentine cruiser ARA General Belgrano.
- May 28, 1982 – Falklands War: British forces defeat the Argentines at the Battle of Goose Green.
- August 11, 1982 – A bomb explodes on Pan Am Flight 830, en route from Tokyo to Honolulu, killing one teenager and injuring 15 passengers.
- August 17, 1982 – The first Compact Discs (CDs) are released to the public in Germany.
- August 27, 1982 – Turkish military diplomat Colonel Atilla Altıkat is shot and killed in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada’s capital. Justice Commandos Against Armenian Genocide claim responsibility, saying they are avenging the massacre of 1.5 million Armenians in the 1915 Armenian Genocide.
- October 1, 1982 – Sony launches the first consumer compact disc player (model CDP-101).
- December 3, 1982 – A soil sample is taken from Times Beach, Missouri that will be found to contain 300 times the safe level of dioxin.
Who Were Born On 1982?
- January 1, 1982 – David Nalbandian, Argentinian tennis player
- January 15, 1982 – Benjamin Agosto, American skater
- January 19, 1982 – Angela Chang, Taiwanese singer and actress
- April 11, 1982 – Danja, American record producer, composer, and songwriter
- April 16, 1982 – Jonathan Vilma, American football player
- May 24, 1982 – Issah Ahmed, Ghanaian football player
- June 30, 1982 – Delwyn Young, American baseball player
- July 13, 1982 – Shin-Soo Choo, South Korean baseball player
- October 11, 1982 – Liz Cantor, Australian journalist
- October 14, 1982 – Matt Roth, American football player