Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OEDRONU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OEDRONU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1982 Historical Event(s)
- January 25, 1982 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Dog in Chinese astrology.
- April 21, 1982 – Baseball: Rollie Fingers of the Milwaukee Brewers becomes the first pitcher to record 300 saves.
- May 2, 1982 – Falklands War: The British nuclear submarine HMS Conqueror sinks the Argentine cruiser ARA General Belgrano.
- May 24, 1982 – Liberation of Khorramshahr: Iranians recapture of the port city of Khorramshahr from the Iraqis during the Iran–Iraq War.
- June 19, 1982 – In one of the first militant attacks by Hezbollah, David S. Dodge, president of the American University in Beirut, is kidnapped.
- July 8, 1982 – Assassination attempt against Iraqi president Saddam Hussein in Dujail.
- September 30, 1982 – Cyanide-laced Tylenol kills six people in the Chicago area. Seven are killed in all.
- October 5, 1982 – Chicago Tylenol murders: Johnson & Johnson initiates a nationwide product recall in the United States for all products in its Tylenol brand after several bottles in Chicago are found to have been laced with cyanide, resulting in seven deaths.
- November 30, 1982 – Michael Jackson’s Thriller, the best-selling album of all time, is released.
- December 26, 1982 – Time’s Man of the Year is for the first time a non-human, the personal computer.
Who Were Born On 1982?
- January 11, 1982 – Ashley Taylor Dawson, British actor and singer
- April 9, 1982 – Jay Baruchel, Canadian actor
- April 19, 1982 – Rocco Sabato, Italian footballer
- May 4, 1982 – Hector King, Mexican singer-songwriter
- May 16, 1982 – Billy Crawford, Filipino singer and musician
- June 11, 1982 – Joey Graham, American basketball player
- June 20, 1982 – George Forsyth, Peruvian footballer
- September 12, 1982 – Nana Ozaki, Japanese model
- September 23, 1982 – Shyla Stylez, Canadian pornographic actress
- December 14, 1982 – Steve Sidwell, English footballer