Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters XTTOMNIRI? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters XTTOMNIRI. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1983 Historical Event(s)
- February 13, 1983 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Pig in Chinese astrology.
- March 2, 1983 – Compact Disc players and discs are released for the first time in the United States and other markets. They had only been available in Japan before then.
- March 11, 1983 – Pakistan successfully conducts a cold test of a nuclear weapon.
- May 16, 1983 – Sudan People’s Liberation Army/Movement rebels against the Sudanese government.
- July 15, 1983 – A terrorist attack is launched by Armenian militant organisation ASALA at the Paris-Orly Airport in Paris; it leaves 8 people dead and 55 injured.
- July 23, 1983 – Gimli Glider: Air Canada Flight 143 runs out of fuel and makes a deadstick landing at Gimli, Manitoba.
- October 9, 1983 – Rangoon bombing: attempted assassination of South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan during an official visit to Rangoon, Burma. Chun survives but the blast kills 17 of his entourage, including four cabinet ministers, and injures 17 others. Four Burmese officials also die in the blast.
- October 14, 1983 – Maurice Bishop, Prime Minister of Grenada, is overthrown and later executed in a military coup d'état led by Bernard Coard.
- October 29, 1983 – Over 500,000 people demonstrate against cruise missiles in The Hague, Netherlands.
- November 5, 1983 – Byford Dolphin diving bell accident kills five and leaves one severely injured.
Who Were Born On 1983?
- January 13, 1983 – William Hung, American Idol contestant
- February 7, 1983 – Christian Klien, Austrian racing driver
- March 19, 1983 – Matt Sydal, American professional wrestler
- April 8, 1983 – Adrian Bellani, American actor
- June 18, 1983 – Billy Slater, Australian NRL player
- July 4, 1983 – Mattia Serafini, Italian footballer
- September 3, 1983 – Valdas Vasylius, Lithuanian basketball player
- September 25, 1983 – Donald Glover, American actor and comedian
- November 8, 1983 – Remko Pasveer, Dutch footballer
- November 17, 1983 – Christopher Paolini, American novelist