Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters IGOTRHIF? Check your answers here: Unscramble words IGOTRHIF. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
1991 Historical Event(s)
- February 15, 1991 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 26, 1991 – Seventy tornadoes break out in the central United States. Before the outbreak’s end, Andover, Kansas, would record the year’s only F5 tornado (see Andover, Kansas Tornado Outbreak).
- April 29, 1991 – A cyclone strikes the Chittagong district of southeastern Bangladesh with winds of around 155 mph, killing at least 138,000 people and leaving as many as 10 million homeless.
- May 5, 1991 – A riot breaks out in the Mt. Pleasant section of Washington, D.C. after police shoot a Salvadoran man.
- May 18, 1991 – Northern Somalia declares independence from the rest of Somalia as the Republic of Somaliland but is not recognized by the international community.
- July 1, 1991 – The Warsaw Pact is officially dissolved at a meeting in Prague.
- August 28, 1991 – Ukraine declares its independence from the Soviet Union.
- September 2, 1991 – Nagorno Karabakh declares its independence from Azerbaijan forming the Nagorno-Karabakh Republic.
- October 20, 1991 – A 6.8 Mw earthquake strikes the Uttarkashi region of India, killing more than 1,000 people.
- December 22, 1991 – Armed opposition groups launch a military coup against President of Georgia Zviad Gamsakhurdia.
Who Were Born On 1991?
- March 4, 1991 – Stuart O'Keefe, English footballer
- March 14, 1991 – László Szűcs, Hungarian footballer
- March 18, 1991 – Constantinos Hilas, Greek director and actor
- July 9, 1991 – Mitchel Musso, American actor
- July 22, 1991 – Matthew James, English footballer
- August 28, 1991 – Andrej Pejic, Australian model
- September 7, 1991 – Montana Fishburne, American pornographic actress
- September 25, 1991 – Emmy Clarke, American actress
- December 19, 1991 – Declan Galbraith, English singer
- December 24, 1991 – Louis Tomlinson, Member of British/Irish boy band One Direction