Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
1992 Historical Event(s)
- January 15, 1992 – The international community recognizes the independence of Slovenia and Croatia from the Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
- February 4, 1992 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 7, 1992 – The Maastricht Treaty is signed, leading to the creation of the European Union.
- February 12, 1992 – The current Constitution of Mongolia comes into effect.
- March 1, 1992 – Bosnia and Herzegovina declares its independence from Socialist Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.
- April 9, 1992 – John Major’s Conservative Party wins an unprecedented fourth general election victory in the United Kingdom.
- April 29, 1992 – Los Angeles riots: Riots in Los Angeles, California, following the acquittal of police officers charged with excessive force in the beating of Rodney King. Over the next three days 53 people are killed and hundreds of buildings are destroyed.
- June 17, 1992 – A “joint understanding” agreement on arms reduction is signed by U.S. President George Bush and Russian President Boris Yeltsin (this would be later codified in START II).
- October 23, 1992 – Emperor Akihito becomes the first Emperor of Japan to stand on Chinese soil.
- October 27, 1992 – United States Navy radioman Allen R. Schindler, Jr. is brutally murdered by shipmate Terry M. Helvey for being gay, precipitating first military, then national, debate about gays in the military that resulted in the United States “Don't ask, don't tell” military policy.
Who Were Born On 1992?
- January 10, 1992 – Emmanuel Frimpong, Ghanaian footballer
- February 7, 1992 – Maimi Yajima, Japanese singer
- March 28, 1992 – Liam Hess, British actor
- April 4, 1992 – Alexa Nikolas, American actress
- June 29, 1992 – Adam Sevani, American actor and dancer
- August 10, 1992 – Ko Ah-seong, South Korean actress
- August 18, 1992 – Frances Bean Cobain, Kurt Cobain’s daughter
- October 21, 1992 – Bernard Tomic, Australian tennis player
- October 28, 1992 – Lexi Ainsworth, American actress
- November 26, 1992 – Louis Ducruet, son of Princess Stéphanie of Monaco