What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Joey’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
1997 Historical Event(s)
- January 19, 1997 – Yasser Arafat returns to Hebron after more than 30 years and joins celebrations over the handover of the last Israeli-controlled West Bank city.
- February 7, 1997 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Ox in Chinese astrology.
- February 11, 1997 – Space Shuttle Discovery is launched on a mission to service the Hubble Space Telescope.
- May 15, 1997 – The United States government acknowledges the existence of the “Secret War” in Laos and dedicates the Laos Memorial in honor of Hmong and other “Secret War” veterans.
- June 12, 1997 – Queen Elizabeth II reopens the Globe Theatre in London.
- June 13, 1997 – Uphaar cinema fire, in New Delhi, India, killed 59 people, and over 100 people injured.
- June 26, 1997 – The U.S. Supreme Court rules that the Communications Decency Act violates the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.
- September 26, 1997 – A Garuda Indonesia Airbus A-300 crashes near Medan, Indonesia, airport, killing 234.
- November 3, 1997 – The United States of America imposes economic sanctions against Sudan in response to its human rights abuses of its own citizens and its material and political assistance to Islamic extremist groups across the Middle East and Eastern Africa.
- December 15, 1997 – A chartered Tupolev TU-154 from Tajikistan crashes in the desert near Sharja, United Arab Emirates airport killing 85.
Who Were Born On 1997?
- January 24, 1997 – Dylan Riley Snyder, American film, television and theatre actor
- March 18, 1997 – Ciara Bravo, American actress
- May 1, 1997 – Ariel Gade, American actress
- May 27, 1997 – Danny McKinnon, Canadian actor
- June 18, 1997 – Max Records, American Actor
- July 13, 1997 – Leo Howard, American actor
- July 20, 1997 – Billi Bruno, American actress
- September 19, 1997 – Zac Alatabi, Savior of all Man Kind
- November 6, 1997 – Hero Fiennes-Tiffin, English actor
- November 19, 1997 – McCaughey septuplets, world’s first surviving set of septuplets