Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters OLAGHRNMRTU? Check your answers here: Make words with these letters OLAGHRNMRTU. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
2001 Historical Event(s)
- January 12, 2001 – Downtown Disney opens to the public as part of the Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, California.
- January 16, 2001 – US President Bill Clinton awards former President Theodore Roosevelt a posthumous Medal of Honor for his service in the Spanish-American War.
- January 24, 2001 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Metal Snake in Chinese astrology.
- January 25, 2001 – A 50-year-old Douglas DC-3 crashes near Ciudad Bolivar, Venezuela killing 24.
- January 26, 2001 – An earthquake hits Gujarat, India, causing more than 20,000 deaths.
- February 19, 2001 – The Oklahoma City bombing museum is dedicated at the Oklahoma City National Memorial.
- May 9, 2001 – In Ghana 129 football fans die in what became known as the Accra Sports Stadium Disaster. The deaths are caused by a stampede (caused by the firing of teargas by police personnel at the stadium) that followed a controversial decision by the referee.
- September 17, 2001 – The New York Stock Exchange reopens for trading after the September 11 Attacks, the longest closure since the Great Depression.
- December 1, 2001 – Captain Bill Compton brings Trans World Airlines Flight 220, an MD-83, into St. Louis International Airport bringing to an end 76 years of TWA operations following TWA’s purchase by American Airlines.
- December 19, 2001 – A record high barometric pressure of 1085.6 hPa (32.06 inHg) is recorded at Tosontsengel, Khövsgöl Province, Mongolia.
Who Were Born On 2001?
- January 2, 2001 – Christopher Barrios Jr., American murder victim (d. 2007)
- January 21, 2001 – Jackson Brundage, American actor
- April 3, 2001 – Sophie Delezio, Australian medical figure
- August 4, 2001 – Seishiro Kato, Japanese actor
- August 6, 2001 – Ty Simpkins, American actor
- August 30, 2001 – Emily Bear, American pianist and composer
- September 19, 2001 – Taylor Geare, American actress
- October 12, 2001 – Raymond Ochoa, American actor
- November 21, 2001 – Samantha Bailey, American actress
- December 28, 2001 – Madison De La Garza, American child actress