Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
2002 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 2002 – Taiwan officially joins the World Trade Organization, as Chinese Taipei.
- January 8, 2002 – President George W. Bush signs into law the No Child Left Behind Act.
- February 12, 2002 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Horse in Chinese astrology.
- March 1, 2002 – The Envisat environmental satellite successfully reaches an orbit 800 km above the Earth on its 11th launch, carrying the heaviest payload to date at 8500 kilograms (9.5 tons).
- March 4, 2002 – Afghanistan: Seven American Special Operations Forces soldiers are killed as they attempt to infiltrate the Shahi Kot Valley on a low-flying helicopter reconnaissance mission.
- April 14, 2002 – Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez returns to office two days after being ousted and arrested by the country’s military.
- June 24, 2002 – The Igandu train disaster in Tanzania kills 281, the worst train accident in African history.
- September 20, 2002 – The Kolka-Karmadon rock/ice slide.
- November 19, 2002 – The Greek oil tanker Prestige splits in half and sinks off the coast of Galicia, releasing over 20 million US gallons (76,000 m³) of oil in the largest environmental disaster in Spanish and Portuguese history.
- November 28, 2002 – Suicide bombers blow up an Israeli-owned hotel in Mombasa, Kenya; their colleagues fail in their attempt to bring down Arkia Israel Airlines Flight 582 with surface-to-air-missiles.
Who Were Born On 2002?
- February 5, 2002 – Davis Cleveland, American actor
- April 11, 2002 – Alexa Gerasimovich, American actress
- April 30, 2002 – Miguel Urdangarín y de Borbón, Spanish prince
- June 25, 2002 – Mason Vale Cotton, American actor
- July 22, 2002 – Prince Felix of Denmark, Danish royalty
- July 30, 2002 – Prince Hridayendra of Nepal, Nepalese royal
- September 19, 2002 – Jason and Kristopher Simmons, American identical twin actors
- November 14, 2002 – Ben Bowen, American brain cancer victim (d. 2005)
- December 28, 2002 – Kelsey Smith-Briggs, American murder victim (d. 2005)