What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jade’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
2003 Historical Event(s)
- January 8, 2003 – Turkish Airlines Flight 634 crashes near Diyarbakır Airport, Turkey, killing the entire crew and 70 of 75 passengers.
- January 18, 2003 – A bushfire kills 4 people and destroys more than 500 homes in Canberra, Australia.
- February 1, 2003 – Space Shuttle Columbia disintegrates during reentry into the Earth’s atmosphere, killing all seven astronauts aboard.
- April 23, 2003 – Beijing closes all schools for two weeks because of the SARS virus.
- May 12, 2003 – The Riyadh compound bombings, carried out by Al Qaeda, kill 26 people.
- July 10, 2003 – A Neoplan bus, owned by Kowloon Motor Bus, collides with a truck, falls off a bridge on Tuen Mun Road, Hong Kong, and plunges into the underlying valley, killing 21 people. This is the deadliest traffic accident to date in Hong Kong.
- October 17, 2003 – The pinnacle is fitted on the roof of Taipei 101, a 101-floor skyscraper in Taipei, allowing it to surpass the Petronas Twin Towers in Kuala Lumpur by 56 m and become the World’s tallest highrise.
- November 20, 2003 – After the November 15 bombings, a second day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings occurs in Istanbul, Turkey, destroying the Turkish head office of HSBC Bank AS and the British consulate.
- December 9, 2003 – A blast in the center of Moscow kills six people and wounds several more.
Who Were Born On 2003?
- April 16, 2003 – Alina Foley, American actress
- June 24, 2003 – Marcus Fiesel, American murder victim (d. 2006)
- October 1, 2003 – Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman, New Zealander quadruple amputee
- October 16, 2003 – Princess Kritika of Nepal, daughter of Crown Prince Paras
- November 8, 2003 – Lady Louise Windsor, British royal
- December 7, 2003 – Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands