Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
2003 Historical Event(s)
- January 5, 2003 – Police arrest seven suspects in connection with Wood Green ricin plot.
- February 1, 2003 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- April 25, 2003 – The Human Genome Project comes to an end two and a half years earlier than expected.
- May 21, 2003 – An earthquake hits northern Algeria killing more than 2,000 people.
- May 28, 2003 – Peter Hollingworth becomes the first Governor-General of Australia to resign his office as a result of criticism of his conduct.
- July 15, 2003 – AOL Time Warner disbands Netscape Communications Corporation. The Mozilla Foundation is established on the same day.
- August 10, 2003 – The highest temperature ever recorded in the United Kingdom – 38.5 °C in Kent. It is the first time the United Kingdom has recorded a temperature over 100 °F.
- August 19, 2003 – A Hamas planned suicide attack on a bus in Jerusalem kills 23 Israelis, 7 of them children in the Jerusalem bus 2 massacre.
- October 15, 2003 – The Staten Island Ferry boat Andrew J. Barberi runs into a pier at the St. George Ferry Terminal in Staten Island, killing 11 people and injuring 43.
- November 15, 2003 – The first day of the 2003 Istanbul Bombings, in which two car bombs, targeting two synagogues, explode, killing 25 people and wounding about 300. Additional bombings follow on November 20.
Who Were Born On 2003?
- April 16, 2003 – Alina Foley, American actress
- June 24, 2003 – Marcus Fiesel, American murder victim (d. 2006)
- October 1, 2003 – Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman, New Zealander quadruple amputee
- October 16, 2003 – Princess Kritika of Nepal, daughter of Crown Prince Paras
- November 8, 2003 – Lady Louise Windsor, British royal
- December 7, 2003 – Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands