Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
2003 Historical Event(s)
- February 1, 2003 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- March 13, 2003 – Human evolution: The journal Nature reports that 350,000-year-old footprints of an upright-walking human have been found in Italy.
- March 20, 2003 – 2003 invasion of Iraq: In the early hours of the morning, the United States and three other countries begin military operations in Iraq.
- May 1, 2003 – 2003 invasion of Iraq: In what becomes known as the “Mission Accomplished” speech, on board the USS Abraham Lincoln (off the coast of California), U.S. President George W. Bush declares that “major combat operations in Iraq have ended”.
- July 1, 2003 – Over 500,000 people protested against efforts to pass anti-sedition legislation in Hong Kong.
- August 27, 2003 – Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in nearly 60,000 years, passing 34646418 mi distant.
- September 21, 2003 – Galileo mission is terminated by sending the probe into Jupiter’s atmosphere, where it is crushed by the pressure at the lower altitudes.
- October 9, 2003 – Mission: SPACE opens to the public in the Epcot park at Walt Disney World. The opening ceremony included several astronauts from all eras of space exploration.
- October 15, 2003 – The Staten Island Ferry boat Andrew J. Barberi runs into a pier at the St. George Ferry Terminal in Staten Island, killing 11 people and injuring 43.
- November 5, 2003 – Green River Killer Gary Ridgway pleaded guilty to 48 counts of murder.
Who Were Born On 2003?
- April 16, 2003 – Alina Foley, American actress
- June 24, 2003 – Marcus Fiesel, American murder victim (d. 2006)
- October 1, 2003 – Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman, New Zealander quadruple amputee
- October 16, 2003 – Princess Kritika of Nepal, daughter of Crown Prince Paras
- November 8, 2003 – Lady Louise Windsor, British royal
- December 7, 2003 – Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands