Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
2003 Historical Event(s)
- February 1, 2003 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Water Sheep in Chinese astrology.
- March 28, 2003 – In a friendly fire incident, two A-10 Thunderbolt II attack aircraft from the United States Idaho Air National Guard’s 190th Fighter Squadron attack British tanks participating in the 2003 invasion of Iraq, killing British soldier Matty Hull.
- April 14, 2003 – U.S. troops in Baghdad capture Abu Abbas, leader of the Palestinian group that killed an American on the hijacked cruise liner the MS Achille Lauro in 1985.
- May 1, 2003 – 2003 invasion of Iraq: In what becomes known as the “Mission Accomplished” speech, on board the USS Abraham Lincoln (off the coast of California), U.S. President George W. Bush declares that “major combat operations in Iraq have ended”.
- May 3, 2003 – New Hampshire’s famous Old Man of the Mountain collapses.
- August 5, 2003 – A car bomb explodes in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta outside the Marriott Hotel killing 12 and injuring 150.
- August 22, 2003 – Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore is suspended after refusing to comply with a federal court order to remove a rock inscribed with the Ten Commandments from the lobby of the Alabama Supreme Court building.
- October 14, 2003 – Chicago Cubs fan Steve Bartman becomes infamously known as the scapegoat for the Cubs losing game 6 of the 2003 National League Championship Series to the Florida Marlins. This has become known as the Steve Bartman incident.
- October 26, 2003 – The Cedar Fire, the second-largest fire in California history, kills 15 people, consumes 250,000 acre, and destroys 2,200 homes around San Diego.
- October 31, 2003 – A bankruptcy court approves MCI’s reorganization plans, essentially clearing the telecommunications company to exit bankruptcy.
Who Were Born On 2003?
- April 16, 2003 – Alina Foley, American actress
- June 24, 2003 – Marcus Fiesel, American murder victim (d. 2006)
- October 1, 2003 – Charlotte Cleverley-Bisman, New Zealander quadruple amputee
- October 16, 2003 – Princess Kritika of Nepal, daughter of Crown Prince Paras
- November 8, 2003 – Lady Louise Windsor, British royal
- December 7, 2003 – Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands