Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters WKODARPKOEHX? Check your answers here: Word solver WKODARPKOEHX. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
2004 Historical Event(s)
- January 22, 2004 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Monkey in Chinese astrology.
- February 1, 2004 – 251 people are trampled to death and 244 injured in a stampede at the Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia.
- February 18, 2004 – Up to 295 people, including nearly 200 rescue workers, die near Neyshabur in Iran when a runaway freight train carrying sulfur, petrol and fertilizer catches fire and explodes.
- March 2, 2004 – War in Iraq: Al-Qaeda carries out the Ashoura Massacre in Iraq, killing 170 and wounding over 500.
- May 1, 2004 – Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, and Slovenia join the European Union, celebrated at the residence of the Irish President in Dublin.
- May 22, 2004 – The U.S. town of Hallam, Nebraska, is wiped out by a powerful F4 tornado (part of the May 2004 tornado outbreak sequence) that broke a width record at an astounding 2.5 mi wide, which kills one resident.
- June 11, 2004 – Cassini-Huygens makes its closest flyby of the Saturn moon Phoebe.
- September 9, 2004 – 2004 Australian embassy bombing: A bomb explodes outside the Australian embassy in Jakarta, killing 10 people.
- November 22, 2004 – In Global governance, Decision o916-d1 adopted as mission statement: 'To create an accepted framework for all humankind, that is self-regulating and which enables every person to achieve their fullest potential in harmony with the world and its place in existence.'
- November 27, 2004 – Pope John Paul II returns the relics of Saint John Chrysostom to the Eastern Orthodox Church.
Who Were Born On 2004?
- January 21, 2004 – Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway
- March 21, 2004 – Count Claus-Casimir of Orange-Nassau, Jonkheer van Amsberg
- July 18, 2004 – Giuliano Stroe, Romanian weightlifter and bodybuilder
- August 19, 2004 – Xyriel Manabat, Filipino actress