Hey! How’s your lovelife today? Get a free love reading with the most frank answers. Start to seize love opportunities in your life! Try it today and improve your lovelife. Did I mention it’s F-R-E-E? (Sponsored link; 18+ only)
2005 Historical Event(s)
- January 15, 2005 – An intense solar flare blasts X-rays across the solar system.
- January 29, 2005 – The first direct commercial flights from mainland China (from Guangzhou) to Taiwan since 1949 arrived in Taipei. Shortly afterwards, a China Airlines flight lands in Beijing.
- February 9, 2005 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 20, 2005 – Spain becomes the first country to vote in a referendum on ratification of the proposed Constitution of the European Union, passing it by a substantial margin, but on a low turnout.
- March 1, 2005 – US Supreme Court rules that the execution of juveniles found guilty of murder is unconstitutional marking a change in “national standards,”.
- April 8, 2005 – Over four million people attend the funeral of Pope John Paul II.
- July 26, 2005 – Space Shuttle program: STS-114 Mission – Launch of Discovery, NASA’s first scheduled flight mission after the Columbia Disaster in 2003.
- August 17, 2005 – Over 500 bombs are set off by terrorists at 300 locations in 63 out of the 64 districts of Bangladesh
- December 11, 2005 – Cronulla riots: Thousands of White Australians demonstrate against ethnic violence resulting in a riot against anyone thought to be Lebanese (and many who are not) in Cronulla Sydney. These are followed up by retaliatory ethnic attacks on Cronulla.
- December 20, 2005 – In Durrës, Albania was founded Aleksander Moisiu University.
Who Were Born On 2005?
- January 30, 2005 – Prince Hashem bin Al Abdullah II of Jordan
- March 26, 2005 – Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
- June 5, 2005 – Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón, granddaughter of King Juan Carlos I of Spain
- June 26, 2005 – Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
- August 9, 2005 – Caylee Anthony, American child murder victim (d. 2008)
- September 16, 2005 – Princess Jalilah bint Ali of Jordan
- October 15, 2005 – Prince Christian of Denmark, Danish royal
- October 31, 2005 – Infanta Leonor of Spain, Spanish royalty
- December 3, 2005 – Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway