Are you not curious to find out some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your birth and which celebrity shares your special day! (Sponsored link)
2005 Historical Event(s)
- January 10, 2005 – A mudslide occurs in La Conchita, California, killing 10 people, injuring many more and closing U.S. Route 101, the main coastal corridor between San Francisco and Los Angeles, for 10 days.
- January 26, 2005 – Glendale train crash: Two trains derail killing 11 and injuring 200 in Glendale, California, near Los Angeles.
- February 1, 2005 – King Gyanendra of Nepal carries out a coup d'état to capture the democracy, becoming Chairman of the Councils of ministers.
- February 9, 2005 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- February 14, 2005 – Seven people are killed and 151 wounded in a series of bombings by suspected al-Qaeda-linked militants that hit the Philippines’ Makati financial district in Metro Manila, Davao City, and General Santos City.
- March 23, 2005 – Texas City Refinery explosion: During a test on a distillation tower liquid waste builds up and flows out of a blowout tower. Waste fumes ignite and explode killing 15 workers.
- March 28, 2005 – The 2005 Sumatra earthquake rocks Indonesia, and at magnitude 8.7 is the fourth strongest earthquake since 1965.
- August 3, 2005 – Mahmoud Ahmadinejad becomes President of Iran.
- October 27, 2005 – Riots begin in Paris after the deaths of two Muslim teenagers.
- December 7, 2005 – Rigoberto Alpizar, a passenger on American Airlines Flight 924 who allegedly claimed to have a bomb, is shot and killed by a team of U.S. federal air marshals at Miami International Airport.
Who Were Born On 2005?
- January 30, 2005 – Prince Hashem bin Al Abdullah II of Jordan
- March 26, 2005 – Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
- June 5, 2005 – Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón, granddaughter of King Juan Carlos I of Spain
- June 26, 2005 – Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
- August 9, 2005 – Caylee Anthony, American child murder victim (d. 2008)
- September 16, 2005 – Princess Jalilah bint Ali of Jordan
- October 15, 2005 – Prince Christian of Denmark, Danish royal
- October 31, 2005 – Infanta Leonor of Spain, Spanish royalty
- December 3, 2005 – Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway