Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
2005 Historical Event(s)
- January 6, 2005 – American Civil Rights Movement: Edgar Ray Killen is arrested as a suspect in the 1964 murders of three civil rights workers.
- January 10, 2005 – A mudslide occurs in La Conchita, California, killing 10 people, injuring many more and closing U.S. Route 101, the main coastal corridor between San Francisco and Los Angeles, for 10 days.
- February 9, 2005 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 2005 – Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly an airplane non-stop around the world solo without refueling.
- March 23, 2005 – Texas City Refinery explosion: During a test on a distillation tower liquid waste builds up and flows out of a blowout tower. Waste fumes ignite and explode killing 15 workers.
- April 9, 2005 – Wedding of Charles, Prince of Wales and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall; Charles, Prince of Wales marries Camilla Parker Bowles in a civil ceremony at Windsor’s Guildhall.
- April 29, 2005 – Syria completes withdrawal from Lebanon, ending 29 years of occupation.
- July 28, 2005 – Tornadoes touch down in a residential areas in south Birmingham and Coventry England, causing £4,000,000 worth of damages and injuring 39 people.
- December 7, 2005 – Rigoberto Alpizar, a passenger on American Airlines Flight 924 who allegedly claimed to have a bomb, is shot and killed by a team of U.S. federal air marshals at Miami International Airport.
- December 15, 2005 – Latvia amends its constitution to eliminate possibility of same-sex couples being entitled to marry.
Who Were Born On 2005?
- January 30, 2005 – Prince Hashem bin Al Abdullah II of Jordan
- March 26, 2005 – Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
- June 5, 2005 – Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón, granddaughter of King Juan Carlos I of Spain
- June 26, 2005 – Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
- August 9, 2005 – Caylee Anthony, American child murder victim (d. 2008)
- September 16, 2005 – Princess Jalilah bint Ali of Jordan
- October 15, 2005 – Prince Christian of Denmark, Danish royal
- October 31, 2005 – Infanta Leonor of Spain, Spanish royalty
- December 3, 2005 – Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway