Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
2005 Historical Event(s)
- February 9, 2005 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Wood Rooster in Chinese astrology.
- March 3, 2005 – Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly an airplane non-stop around the world solo without refueling.
- March 23, 2005 – Texas City Refinery explosion: During a test on a distillation tower liquid waste builds up and flows out of a blowout tower. Waste fumes ignite and explode killing 15 workers.
- April 6, 2005 – Kurdish leader Jalal Talabani becomes Iraqi president; Shiite Arab Ibrahim al-Jaafari is named premier the next day.
- May 13, 2005 – The Binh Bridge opens to traffic in Hai Phong, Vietnam.
- May 21, 2005 – The tallest roller coaster in the world, Kingda Ka opens at Six Flags Great Adventure.
- July 27, 2005 – STS-114: NASA grounds the Space Shuttle, pending an investigation of the continuing problem with the shedding of foam insulation from the external fuel tank. During ascent, the external tank of the Space Shuttle Discovery sheds a piece of foam slightly smaller than the piece that caused the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster; this foam does not strike the spacecraft.
- July 28, 2005 – Tornadoes touch down in a residential areas in south Birmingham and Coventry England, causing £4,000,000 worth of damages and injuring 39 people.
- August 19, 2005 – The first-ever joint military exercise between Russia and China, called Peace Mission 2005 begins.
- December 24, 2005 – Chad–Sudan relations: Chad declares a state of war against Sudan following a December 18 attack on Adré, which left about 100 people dead.
Who Were Born On 2005?
- January 30, 2005 – Prince Hashem bin Al Abdullah II of Jordan
- March 26, 2005 – Countess Luana of Orange-Nassau, Jonkvrouwe van Amsberg
- June 5, 2005 – Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón, granddaughter of King Juan Carlos I of Spain
- June 26, 2005 – Princess Alexia of the Netherlands
- August 9, 2005 – Caylee Anthony, American child murder victim (d. 2008)
- September 16, 2005 – Princess Jalilah bint Ali of Jordan
- October 15, 2005 – Prince Christian of Denmark, Danish royal
- October 31, 2005 – Infanta Leonor of Spain, Spanish royalty
- December 3, 2005 – Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway