Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
2007 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 2007 – Bulgaria and Romania officially join the European Union. Also, Bulgarian, Romanian, and Irish become official languages of the European Union, joining 20 other official languages.
- January 31, 2007 – Suspects are arrested in Birmingham in the UK, accused of plotting the kidnap, holding and eventual beheading of a serving Muslim British soldier in Iraq.
- February 18, 2007 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- April 5, 2007 – Georgia establishes a Provisional Administrative Entity in the disputed region of South Ossetia.
- May 7, 2007 – Israeli archaeologists discover the tomb of Herod the Great south of Jerusalem.
- June 27, 2007 – The Brazilian Military Police invades the favelas of Complexo do Alemão in an episode which is remembered as the Complexo do Alemão massacre.
- September 16, 2007 – Mercenaries working for Blackwater Worldwide allegedly shoot and kill 17 Iraqi civilians in Nisour Square, Baghdad; all criminal charges against them are later dismissed, sparking outrage in the Arab world.
- October 19, 2007 – Philippines: A bomb explosion rocked Glorietta 2, a shopping mall in Makati. The blast killed 11 and injured more than 100 people.
- November 2, 2007 – 50,000–100,000 people demonstrate against the Georgian government in Tbilisi.
- December 8, 2007 – Benazir Bhutto, first and only female former Prime Minister of Pakistan, had her PPP Office stormed by unidentified gunmen. Three supporters are killed.
Who Were Born On 2007?
- February 28, 2007 – Princess Lalla Khadija of Morocco
- March 19, 2007 – Prince Abdullah bin Ali of Jordan
- March 26, 2007 – Prince Moritz of Hesse, son of Donatus, Hereditary Prince of Hesse
- April 10, 2007 – Princess Ariane of the Netherlands
- April 18, 2007 – Hayah bint Hamzah, Princess of Jordan
- April 21, 2007 – Princess Isabella of Denmark
- December 17, 2007 – James, Viscount Severn, British royal