Are you not curious to discover some fun facts about your birthday? Find out ‘what happened on my birthday’ and what was the number one song on your day of birth. Know the meaning of your special day and who shares your birthday! (Sponsored link)
2007 Historical Event(s)
- January 1, 2007 – Bulgaria and Romania officially join the European Union. Also, Bulgarian, Romanian, and Irish become official languages of the European Union, joining 20 other official languages.
- January 12, 2007 – Comet C/2006 P1 (McNaught) reaches perihelion becoming the brightest comet in more than 40 years.
- February 3, 2007 – A Baghdad market bombing kills at least 135 people and injures a further 339.
- February 18, 2007 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Fire Pig in Chinese astrology.
- June 8, 2007 – Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, is hit by the State’s worst storms and flooding in 30 years resulting in the death of nine people and the grounding of trade ship, the MV Pasha Bulker.
- August 22, 2007 – The Texas Rangers rout the Baltimore Orioles 30–3, the most runs scored by a team in modern MLB history.
- September 4, 2007 – Three terrorists suspected to be a part of Al-Qaeda are arrested in Germany after allegedly planning attacks on both the Frankfurt International airport and US military installations.
- October 22, 2007 – Raid on Anuradhapura Air Force Base is carried out by 21 Tamil Tiger commandos. All except one died in this attack. Eight Sri Lankan Air Force planes are destroyed and 10 damaged.
- December 23, 2007 – An agreement is made for the monarchy of Nepal to be abolished and the country to become a federal republic with the Prime Minister becoming head of state.
Who Were Born On 2007?
- February 28, 2007 – Princess Lalla Khadija of Morocco
- March 19, 2007 – Prince Abdullah bin Ali of Jordan
- March 26, 2007 – Prince Moritz of Hesse, son of Donatus, Hereditary Prince of Hesse
- April 10, 2007 – Princess Ariane of the Netherlands
- April 18, 2007 – Hayah bint Hamzah, Princess of Jordan
- April 21, 2007 – Princess Isabella of Denmark
- December 17, 2007 – James, Viscount Severn, British royal