What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Drew’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
2008 Historical Event(s)
- January 21, 2008 – Black Monday in worldwide stock markets. FTSE 100 had its biggest ever one-day points fall, European stocks closed with their worst result since 11 September 2001, and Asian stocks drop as much as 14%.
- February 3, 2008 – The New York Giants defeated the heavily favored and previously undefeated 18-0 New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLII, 17-14, in what is known to be one of the greatest upsets in sports history.
- February 4, 2008 – The London Low Emission Zone (LEZ) scheme begins to operate in the UK.
- February 7, 2008 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Rat in Chinese astrology.
- May 28, 2008 – The first meeting of the Constituent Assembly of Nepal formally declares Nepal a republic, ending the 240-year reign of the Shah dynasty.
- June 27, 2008 – In a highly-scrutizined election President of Zimbabwe Robert Mugabe is re-elected in a landslide after his opponent Morgan Tsvangirai had withdrawn a week earlier, citing violence against his party’s supporters.
- July 13, 2008 – War in Afghanistan: Taliban guerrillas attack NATO troops near the village of Wanat in the Waygal district in Afghanistan’s far eastern province of Nuristan.
- September 10, 2008 – The Large Hadron Collider at CERN, described as the biggest scientific experiment in history is powered up in Geneva, Switzerland.
- October 15, 2008 – The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed down 733.08 points, or 7.87%, the second worst day in the Dow’s history based on a percentage drop.
- December 11, 2008 – Bernard Madoff is arrested and charged with securities fraud in a $50 billion Ponzi scheme.
Who Were Born On 2008?
- April 16, 2008 – Princess Eléonore of Belgium
- September 17, 2008 – Mia Talerico, American child actress
- September 29, 2008 – Emma Tallulah Behn, member of the extended Norwegian royal family