What no one tells you about your first name’s personality. Are there magical powers hidden in your given name? Every moniker has an undeniable character and personality. Check out Jade’s personality and get smarter today. (Sponsored links)
2009 Historical Event(s)
- January 26, 2009 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 4, 2009 – The International Criminal Court (ICC) issues an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Darfur. Al-Bashir is the first sitting head of state to be indicted by the ICC since its establishment in 2002.
- March 7, 2009 – The Kepler space observatory, designed to discover Earth-like planets orbiting other stars, is launched.
- March 22, 2009 – Mount Redoubt, a volcano in Alaska begins erupting after a prolonged period of unrest.
- March 27, 2009 – A suicide bomber kills at least 48 at a mosque in the Khyber Agency of Pakistan.
- May 25, 2009 – North Korea allegedly tests its second nuclear device. Following the nuclear test, Pyongyang also conducted several missile tests building tensions in the international community.
- June 30, 2009 – Yemenia Flight 626 crashes into the Indian Ocean, near Comoros, killing all but one of the 153 passengers and crew on board.
- September 25, 2009 – U.S. President Barack Obama, British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and French President Nicolas Sarkozy, in a joint TV appearance for a G-20 summit, accused Iran of building a secret nuclear enrichment facility.
- October 28, 2009 – The 28 October 2009 Peshawar bombing kills 117 and wounds 213.
Who Were Born On 2009?
- March 7, 2009 – Prince Umberto of Savoy
- May 4, 2009 – Prince Henrik of Denmark, Danish royalty