Holy Toledo! Did you know that coffee and word games are an excellent combination to sharpen your vocabulary? Let’s give it a quick spin. Within 30 seconds, how many words can you think of from these letters FQAZGUA? Check your answers here: Unscramble words FQAZGUA. (Sponsored by WordFinder.Cafe)
2009 Historical Event(s)
- January 15, 2009 – US Airways Flight 1549 makes an emergency landing in the Hudson River shortly after takeoff from LaGuardia Airport in New York City. All passengers and crew members survive.
- January 26, 2009 – New Year’s Day in Chinese calendar. Start of the year of the Earth Ox in Chinese astrology.
- March 4, 2009 – The International Criminal Court (ICC) issues an arrest warrant for Sudanese President Omar Hassan al-Bashir for war crimes and crimes against humanity in Darfur. Al-Bashir is the first sitting head of state to be indicted by the ICC since its establishment in 2002.
- April 7, 2009 – Former Peruvian President Alberto Fujimori is sentenced to 25 years in prison for ordering killings and kidnappings by security forces.
- April 12, 2009 – Zimbabwe officially abandons the Zimbabwe Dollar as their official currency.
- June 18, 2009 – The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), a NASA robotic spacecraft is launched.
- August 17, 2009 – An accident at the Sayano–Shushenskaya Dam in Khakassia, Russia, kills 75 and shuts down the hydroelectric power station, leading to widespread power failure in the local area.
- November 17, 2009 – Administrators at the Climatic Research Unit at the University of East Anglia discover their servers had been hacked and thousands of emails and files on climate change had been stolen, which would serve as the basis of the “Climategate” controversy.
- November 21, 2009 – A mine explosion in Heilongjiang province, northeastern China, kills 108.
- December 25, 2009 – Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab unsuccessfully attempts a terrorist attack against the US while on board a flight to Detroit Metro Airport Northwest Airlines Flight 253
Who Were Born On 2009?
- March 7, 2009 – Prince Umberto of Savoy
- May 4, 2009 – Prince Henrik of Denmark, Danish royalty